Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2016, 03:31   #1111
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Couldn't find a snap of any AT Hexa with 4x4. Major deficit if that is the case in my view.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 07:00   #1112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Been to Hexa media drive event today, had a close look. I am almost sold but will wait until a test ride in Nov 1st week (Got a call from Tata Motors customer support saying they will arrange a test drive in 1st week of Nov'16).
Great to know that you were there Bagerath! Just a quick question - out of the two colours Blue or Golden, which one looks better. I am also keen on making the booking but am unable to decide which colour! Will the display and TD vehicles be available at the dealers from November?

Last edited by ampere : 20th October 2016 at 09:11. Reason: Fixed quoted post
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 07:51   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I am also keen on making the booking but am unable to decide which colour! Will the display and TD vehicles be available at the dealers from November?
Booking is just a intent to buy, usually returned fully if you cancel after prices are announced. You can decide on the color, variant on a later date.
And in spite of the embargo
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-screenshot_20161020080042.png

And that's you-know-who caught in action.
Source: https://twitter.com/Vivekvivi/status/788944705174196225

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-indic.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 20th October 2016 at 09:13. Reason: Back to back posts merged
tifosikrishna is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 09:14   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Our mod looks like he is impressed with the Hexa and trying to steal it during test drive as he cannot wait till January.

Jokes a part, hope we get killer review report within few days.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 09:15   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Great to know that you were there Bagerath! Just a quick question - out of the two colours Blue or Golden, which one looks better. I am also keen on making the booking but am unable to decide which colour! Will the display and TD vehicles be available at the dealers from November?
For me Blue was better than Golden (very subjective though). TD and display car availability was confirmed by Tata Motors customer care which will in first week of Nov'16.

This could be my first Tata after Ford, Fiat, Suzuki and Mahindra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
Are you sure thats an ISOFIX. I am not sure because the seat belt is going across. Just curious.

Thanks.
When I asked one of the Tata representative they confirmed. But not sure the why they hooked the seat belt instead.

Last edited by ampere : 20th October 2016 at 09:21. Reason: Back to back posts merged
bageherath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 09:45   #1116
Distinguished - BHPian

Rohin Nagrani of Motoring World got this confirmed during media presentation (in reply to my tweets to him) :

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-untitled.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-untitled2.jpg

Also, here are our guys, just before they set off in the Hexa earlier in the morning today:

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-cvlhjvovuaaohxt.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th October 2016 at 09:52.
RavenAvi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 09:49   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post

When I asked one of the Tata representative they confirmed. But not sure the why they hooked the seat belt instead.
Could be that the child seat itself is not compatible to the ISOFIX , which would be a silly miss if that is the case!

The child seat that I have is not, as I don't have ISOFIX attachments in my car anyway!
Old 20th October 2016, 10:29   #1118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
My only grouse from the pics is that given the sheer size of the Hexa - perhaps a bigger touchscreen for the ICE should have been considered - this one looks slightly out of place - like a $5 chip on a high roller roulette table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Two pics by Stuff India, showing the various adjustable/customisable settings in the Harman ConnectNext infotainment system:
The headunit is a disappointment for such an ICE centric car. Size of the touchscreen is one thing, but more importantly for me - it has an archaic 3 band graphic equalizer that even the most basic after market HUs have left behind.

Should be good for 99.95% of the market though, but for an ICE enthusiast, it looks like a job half done.

Anyways, this is still the best stock music system in the market for a similar price range, so my comment can only be considered as nitpicking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
It's called a wheel step. A temporary accessory hooked on the wheel for easy access to the roof rack for loading unloading. More like a side step, removable.
Thank you. Never knew about such an accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Storme will have an update in 2018 as a "perfect SUV - if i am allowed to use this tag line, many have patented this though "
"Safari" brand has the legacy to take the fight a segment above Hexa, but for that it would require a major generation change, and not just a facelift.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th October 2016 at 10:31.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 10:50   #1119
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent boot space with the 3rd row up:

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-cvl9uscuiaas6ht.jpg
(Source)
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 10:50   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Size of the touchscreen is one thing, but more importantly for me - it has an archaic 3 band graphic equalizer that even the most basic after market HUs have left behind.

Here is the equalizer for the "supposedly premium" Burmester used in Mercedes now. It is again, 3 band, but does the job really well. It is safe to assume that it is a standard practice for OEMs to just give this basic stuff. For the really really keen audio enthusiasts, it would be difficult even to change the HU as it is built in. Hmmm....
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-burmester_eq.jpg  

DieselAddikt is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 11:25   #1121
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In what has to be a first, BHPians are headed to the hotel to check out the Hexa! They aren't ready to wait for the showroom display .

This car has generated some serious, s-e-r-i-o-u-s buzz.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-capture.jpg
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 11:35   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In what has to be a first, BHPians are headed to the hotel to check out the Hexa! They aren't ready to wait for the showroom display .

Attachment 1568254
True, It was me .

They did their photo session yesterday and due for test drive today.
bageherath is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 11:36   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Is this event only for media persons or anyone can enter? I believe usually these events are invite only for media persons.
Old 20th October 2016, 11:38   #1124
BHPian

Nice to see the buzz around a product from Tata that is technically a facelift (correct me if I am wrong). Have to give it to the team who worked behind the Hexa. They have transformed Aria, what initially was a design and sales flop, into a much desirable Hexa. Hope this enthusiasm translates to sales as well. They really deserve it !
Old 20th October 2016, 11:48   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Rohin Nagrani of Motoring World got this confirmed during media presentation (in reply to my tweets to him) :

Attachment 1568218
This is a real downer. I was expecting a 4x4 AT at great launch prices. If it is not even homologated, I guess it wont be out anytime soon.

So, if the vehicle is a hit, expect a high premium for the 4x4 AT. If it flops, the 4x4 AT may not hit the market at all.

Last edited by Holyghost : 20th October 2016 at 11:52.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed