Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th February 2016, 16:31   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I hope this statement is backed up by actual driving experience and then too its a matter of preference.

As far as some saw it, it had a decently powerful diesel (not a scorcher though), with rear wheel drive, compact size and most importantly for Indian conditions, a much usable ground clearance.

Yes it wasn't a "premium featureful package", which probably the current one is, will keep the demographic happy.
It isn't sir, its based on comparison and reading on internet, what i intended to imply was it was not exactly an appealing product from its onset. As with everything it may have positives but given what has been lost against the current iteration is what prompted my statement.
To put it better, it will Probably gain a much wider audience and appeal for the product it is now then what it was. I believe BMW made the right call with the design and I think its a better option than the current X3 on paper at least (now i am sure to irk the X3 owners ).
Sure when the actual drive happens i might come back and say how wrong i was to go on the looks. No ones perfect.
Car-tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 16:49   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
The new X1 is a phenomenal product that is well priced (after discounts start to pour in).
Discounts will depend on how the market responds to this offering. If the demand is good and BMW is meeting its projected sales numbers, there may be little to no discounts. On the other hand if its a dud, then discounts are announced to clear stocks. So if you are eyeing one and hoping for a discount, you better start praying that it turns out to be a flop . Though by the look of things, this X1 has the makings of a hit!
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 17:24   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Discounts will depend on how the market responds to this offering. If the demand is good and BMW is meeting its projected sales numbers, there may be little to no discounts. On the other hand if its a dud, then discounts are announced to clear stocks. So if you are eyeing one and hoping for a discount, you better start praying that it turns out to be a flop . Though by the look of things, this X1 has the makings of a hit!
Completely agree!

It kind of makes the cars upto X3 20d look redundant, keeping in mind the Indian conditions. It has space, power and luxury.

The M sport specially with that tasty mocha interior would kill!! Pic from the internet. Yumm!!
This combo <drool starts>
Attached Thumbnails
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-m_int1.jpg  

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-m_int2.jpg  

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-m_int3.jpg  

Attached Images

Crazy_Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 20:37   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Its all wheel drive on demand. Drives the front wheels till it needs to transfer power behind. Also 100% can be transferred to each axle.
Thanks, but wanted to know a bit more.
How. When. And Why.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2016, 15:30   #50
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Great product. Though the ground clearance only seems to be 165mm which would be least in the class which is a bit weird. Its also decreased 15mm than the previous model.
kartavya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2016, 18:54   #51
BHPian

It's surprising and sad that every other person, suddenly starts talking of discounts and surprisingly most of these guys are not even serious about buying a premium german.
Discounts as is the case with any good for sale in the market, is only offered if the product isn't received well and is not a right you posses as many non owners of the germans start to assume. Just baselessly making statements is only disrespecting the other' hard earned efforts and money they've put it to buy these vehicles (& yes even after a couple of lakhs off, they're very costly vehicles).
Great product prima facie and I hope it gets BMW back on track in India being an owner of 3 BMW's over the years and presently the 530d F10 I know what wonderful cars they are, it really pinches me seeing the Ingolstadt neighbour beating them year in n out (No offence to VAG Owners).
Also, I picked up my GLA 200 Sport just last Friday and though I have no regrets I finally feel the X1 will give it a tougher run which is only good for the consumers. The Q3 I still think will be slightly ahead in sales from these 2.
Only my opinion and not intended to hurt the other Bhpians.
np23 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 13:14   #52
BHPian

I checked the on road prices in Chennai for the 4 models

Deliveries starting from April or May.
Ehsank78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 19:17   #53
BHPian

Car is well packaged for the market but definitely it's not staying true to their DNA. If you're a die hard BMW fan and want to experience it's true driving experience, just opt out of this new one.

Don't believe me, just read the review below. Obviously the market will love it, but from an aspirational enthusiastic POV not so much. BMW want's to enter the lower segments of the market, yet they do not want to transfer their DNA.

http://www.bimmerfile.com/2015/10/26...e-2015-bmw-x1/
stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 13:09   #54
Senior - BHPian

sDrive 20d Expedition On-Road Bangalore at 38.66, expected deliveries by April end. Although I still like the GLA for its styling, X1 offers lot more for similar prices although the xDrive high end enters the Evoque territory.

Just one question: What are my alternative options for under 40 moolah as an overall 'bang for the buck' as on this day ?
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 00:13   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

Just one question: What are my alternative options for under 40 moolah as an overall 'bang for the buck' as on this day ?
Ford Endeavor - I should repeat it again to cross 20 character limit
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 10:24   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Ford Endeavor.....
I was following everything about its launch right from mid 2015, but lost my interest after seeing it live in the showroom when we went to take delivery of the new Figo for my wife 20 days back. It looks too bloated up to my liking ! I am not a 6 feet 140 kg guy to match my personality to the Endeavor

May be its all in the design and curves ! I am extensively driven around (because I have not applied for a middle east licence) in a Porsche Cayenne whenever I am in Oman, I never found its size making me feel small. Standing next to the Endeavor I felt like a Mahout !

Anyway, X1 TD vehicle will be available next month, waiting to give it a try. Its stretching my budget beyond moon. Lets see !
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:27   #57
BHPian

Any update on the launch? Has anyone in T-BHP taken a test drive? Also, is there an official review in the pipeline?
aravindrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 14:21   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindrn View Post
Any update on the launch? Has anyone in T-BHP taken a test drive? Also, is there an official review in the pipeline?
I think deliveries were to start this month but I haven't seen a single new X1 on the road in Mumbai. Hope there hasn't been a delay in dispatches. Anyone else spot on in flesh yet?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 14:43   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I think deliveries were to start this month but I haven't seen a single new X1 on the road in Mumbai. Hope there hasn't been a delay in dispatches. Anyone else spot on in flesh yet?
Forget spotting the car on the road, haven't spotted one inside Navnit Motors showroom or even around it (live right next to it). They still have the previous gen X1 standing inside the showroom
amansanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 07:29   #60
BHPian

The official launch is next week. I had the opportunity to test drive the new X1 xdrive 20d awd variant yesterday. One word to describe it was "impressive". It was everything the old x1 was not! Loved the rear seating and the huge boot. Rear set space was huge in comparison to the Q3. Outstanding finish and at 44.5L on road in Chennai, BMW is back in the game! The car felt like the mini SUV it is meant to be. This car will definitely cannibalize X3 sales(not that the X3 is posting impressive numbers). Looks like this car was squarely focused on the Q5 and BMW has done it at a far lower price point. This is probably the first time I believe that BMW has designed a lower budget car considering that the rear seat passengers are also human and yes.. I have booked it!

Last edited by ninjax : 1st May 2016 at 07:34. Reason: Typo
ninjax is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote