Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 21st September 2006, 13:44   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ajay: even I am saying the same thing
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 13:52   #17
BHPian

Punto is a better car in Europe. If Tata is part of Fiat here, its hard to beat.
grvanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 13:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]Going by the reviews and the pics that I have seen, Punto would be my choice. But, we gotta wait and see what kinda changes Fiat makes for the Indian version... there's always some watering down in the car that eventually hits our roads (with good reason of course). But, I must say I'm lookin fwd to it coming to town. Hopefully, the Tata tieup will ensure some decent after-sales svc, which has always been a nightmare for Fiat owners.[/SIZE]
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 14:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077
[SIZE=2]Going by the reviews and the pics that I have seen, Punto would be my choice. But, we gotta wait and see what kinda changes Fiat makes for the Indian version... there's always some watering down in the car that eventually hits our roads (with good reason of course). But, I must say I'm lookin fwd to it coming to town. Hopefully, the Tata tieup will ensure some decent after-sales svc, which has always been a nightmare for Fiat owners.[/SIZE]
Razor, It wont look like same, I have seen its review in speed auto show, (CNBC TV18). They said that FAIT is cutting the size of the car to get into small cars specification given by Govt of India. So if size changes shape has to change and beutiful Italian damsel you are gazing at may not be the same in India.
Ajay_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 19:44   #20
BHPian

Fiat is the founder of CRDI technology. And they are pioneer in Diesel engine. Fiat also won Engine of the year award for their Multijet engine.
http://www.carpages.co.uk/fiat/fiat-...e-04-06-05.asp
It is the smallest, lightest, powerful, most FE and most refined diesel eingine of the world. In Europe car with this engine are selling like hot cackesl. Due to this engine Fiat gone into profit. Considering all these there must be something that tell car with Fiat Multijet engine is the good to buy. Even I heard Euro III comes from the engine itself, they havent done on exaust level to maintain Euro III norms. Their 1.3 CC engine gives 70 bhp and 90 bhp output. 90 BHP comes with Grand Punto. 1.3 CC 90 BHP
pawan_pullarwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 20:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar
Fiat is the founder of CRDI technology. And they are pioneer in Diesel engine. Fiat also won Engine of the year award for their Multijet engine.
It is the smallest, lightest, powerful, most FE and most refined diesel eingine of the world. In Europe car with this engine are selling like hot cackesl. Due to this engine Fiat gone into profit. Considering all these there must be something that tell car with Fiat Multijet engine is the good to buy. Even I heard Euro III comes from the engine itself, they havent done on exaust level to maintain Euro III norms. Their 1.3 CC engine gives 70 bhp and 90 bhp output. 90 BHP comes with Grand Punto. 1.3 CC 90 BHP
forgot to add 90 bhp punto comes with 6 speed gear box.

Engine Capacity
1248 cc
Cylinders
Power
90@4000 bhp/rpm
Torque
148@1750 lb/ft
Old 21st September 2006, 20:11   #22
BHPian

SWIFT will rule here...
WHY?
Right Pricing + Cheap Spare + [b]Very Good After Sales Service
sriny_blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 20:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar
Common rail was not developed by FIAT, but they have done some research on it. Please see the history section in following link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_rail
Ajay_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 20:42   #24
BHPian

i would also support the grande punto ... i wish its comes in the same way the european markets get ... i want to make it into a rally lookin car... hmmm after all these new class of hatches could pick up better ... as it looks a little upmarket for certain families
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 21:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hey The Getzzzzzzzzz Ofcourse , Cos Its A Bigger Car And Have More View -i Mean The Glass Area ,bigger Boot More Comfy Back Seats And A Good Gear Box With The Clutch Lock And Above All No Squeeks After 6 Months Like The Swift . Better Road Manners And Puntoo - I Dont Like Guessing Guys Punto In The Body We See And A Poor Engine Distroys The Fun Hehehe
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2006, 11:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J
Common rail was not developed by FIAT, but they have done some research on it. Please see the history section in following link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_rail
Thanks for the Info Ajay.
Old 24th September 2006, 20:37   #27

The Punto for sure...sounds like a good car to me and despite all the services related issues am very happy with my Palio
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote