Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2016, 18:53   #211
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 477
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs

ACI's review

Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 12:35   #212
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,798
Thanked: 10,707 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs

Skoda Rapid TVC,




Last edited by volkman10 : 28th November 2016 at 12:37.
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 10:23   #213
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 25
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs

Seems that the new rapid is already offering a discount. They now have pay in 2018 offer for the new rapid as per the ad in the newspaper today.
ashishs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 12:02   #214
Newbie
 
atulsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 24
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
Seems that the new rapid is already offering a discount. They now have pay in 2018 offer for the new rapid as per the ad in the newspaper today.
True. I was offered three discount option. One is pay in June 2017 and the second one is the option of 100% finance on the ex showroom price and the third is the one you quoted. However, I don't understand the logic of paying in 2017 or 2018 and how that is a benefit/discount for me? Can someone throw light on it?
atulsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 13:30   #215
RWD
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 43
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

I have been haggling for discounts on New Rapid since it's launch on November 3rd. So far, I have managed a free spoiler, free standard accessories pack consisting of magnetic rear window shades, mud flaps, rubber mats and cushions. Apart from the freebies, they also offered Skoda Assure economy pack for free, and 2% cashback on finance (through Skoda). But, all this is offered only if I take Skoda insurance at their full listed price, and don't haggle on the other extras, like depot charges and their margins on RTO fee etc. So, essentially, they offered me these freebies from their extra margins, which I didn't intend to pay for anyway. Also, they offered HID conversion done at the dealer price. I'm still not satisfied and asked them to call me in December with a better deal. Let's see where this goes.

P.S. - I have not been offered Buy in '16, Pay in '17/18. I'm not even sure how this scheme is beneficial, apart from the benefit of deferring the payment to next year.
RWD is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 14:18   #216
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 25
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD View Post
I have been haggling for discounts on New Rapid since it's launch on November 3rd. So far, I have managed a free spoiler, free standard accessories pack consisting of magnetic rear window shades, mud flaps, rubber mats and cushions. Apart from the freebies, they also offered Skoda Assure economy pack for free, and 2% cashback on finance (through Skoda). But, all this is offered only if I take Skoda insurance at their full listed price, and don't haggle on the other extras, like depot charges and their margins on RTO fee etc. So, essentially, they offered me these freebies from their extra margins, which I didn't intend to pay for anyway. Also, they offered HID conversion done at the dealer price. I'm still not satisfied and asked them to call me in December with a better deal. Let's see where this goes.

P.S. - I have not been offered Buy in '16, Pay in '17/18. I'm not even sure how this scheme is beneficial, apart from the benefit of deferring the payment to next year.
We would have to read the fine print to analyze the benefits. If we assume it is a simple buy now and pay in 2018 offer then the interest alone would save a lot of money. For a 12 L car at 10% we are saving 1.2 L in a year. That is a very good discount but I doubt if it will be that simple.
ashishs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 15:59   #217
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
We would have to read the fine print to analyze the benefits. If we assume it is a simple buy now and pay in 2018 offer then the interest alone would save a lot of money. For a 12 L car at 10% we are saving 1.2 L in a year. That is a very good discount but I doubt if it will be that simple.
Just spoke with the dealer , she said finance would be 80% of car value and rate of interest would be 10.9%, and for superb they give rate of interest of 9.3%
pabheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 16:12   #218
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
We would have to read the fine print to analyze the benefits. If we assume it is a simple buy now and pay in 2018 offer then the interest alone would save a lot of money. For a 12 L car at 10% we are saving 1.2 L in a year. That is a very good discount but I doubt if it will be that simple.
It is not that simple , interest will charged from day 1, but emi will start in june 2017 / jan 2018.

So you will end up paying for the interest for period in between.
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 01:18   #219
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs

In that case, this "Buy Now Pay 1 year Later" financing scheme is meant only for people who have zero balance today, but expected to be rupee millionaires in a year...College grads?
arit.mondal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs volkman10 The Indian Car Scene 52 9th June 2016 10:41
Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs! Aditya The Indian Car Scene 101 23rd February 2016 18:51
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!* .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 181 31st March 2015 09:48
Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh CARDEEP The Indian Car Scene 189 27th November 2014 15:51
Audi A3 sedan caught testing EDIT: Launched at INR 22.95 lakhs karan561 The Indian Car Scene 161 10th August 2014 13:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks