Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 14th March 2016, 10:51   #106
BHPian

Default Re: The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
My friend took delivery of the Ford Ecosport on the previous day and hence when I broke the news to him, he was shocked. Since the new pricing is below 10 lakhs, he has paid 1.5 lakhs more and missed it by a day. I know its a regular market practice but this is a bit too much to digest. His resale value is also hit in the long run.
Agreed friend, but all these price change games are part and parcel of market dynamics and Ford is no exception. We should all be mentally prepared to accept such changes.

OK. Let me ask a question, imagine a situation where the Brezza was priced some 2 lakhs above the EcoSport, thus giving it some breathing space. Now what would be your friend's reaction had Ford increased the price for the Eco Sport, by say 1.5 lakhs, the very next day of delivery?

Since there is no regulatory board in India to control unanimous price changes, such moves are expected.

After all, Ford too has to survive for the next day.

Last edited by King_pin09 : 14th March 2016 at 10:56.
King_pin09 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 10:59   #107
BHPian

The attached PDF has city wise new price list

Pricelist.pdf

The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs-price.jpg
Karthik Chandra is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 11:01   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It looks like within 48 hours of the Brezza launch, Ford has felt the heat and has responded in kind. Prices of the EcoSport have been cut across the board with the diesel variants getting the largest reduction of 1.12 lakhs across all trim levels.

Attachment 1484798
What a timing I must say! The right time to kill the competition is to stop them even before start . Ford has done the right thing and no doubt about this. While market is yet to review power/performance/quality of Brezza, ford move is clever reducing price. Those smart chaps who wants to go with proven model will have ecosport as natural choice - And more due to its revised pricing. Not sure if Brezza offers 6 airbags in any variant, but if not then this may be even more reason to worry for Brezza. Those who are comparing from safety standpoint may not even consider Brezza post this price cut.

Only + Brezza has now is MSLs ASS. Not sure if all the initial bookings may really materialized to sales. Ultimately we as customers for sure are at benefits

Regards
SE
speed_edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 11:08   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Interesting to see that the TUV300 does not really feature in any of the comparison and comments on this thread. It checks almost all the boxes when compared to the Trend+ Ecosport, except for
1. Auto AC
2. Telescopic steering wheel
3. DRL
4. 60:40 rear seat split
I see TUV 300 as an attempt made from M&M while in confusion.
They did want to lure consumer who is looking for a SUV which is easy, attractive, practical and frugal.
To keep the prices in check, they did go ahead with Ladder on Frame construction and in turn affected handling and fuel efficiency badly.
Kerb weight of close to 1.7 tonne sitting over short wheelbase coupled with higher C.G. equates to scary stuff, in my views.

Sub Rs. 10 lakh SUV segment is a segment in consumer wants a hatchback / sedan in butch, muscular looking bodyshell. Nothing else.

Ford EcoSport and MS Vitara Brezza does that pretty well and TUV 300 misses it by a margin.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 13:03   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Sub Rs. 10 lakh SUV segment is a segment in consumer wants a hatchback / sedan in butch, muscular looking bodyshell. Nothing else.

Ford EcoSport and MS Vitara Brezza does that pretty well and TUV 300 misses it by a margin.
I agree too. Ecosport & Brezza are essentially large hatchbacks whereas TUV is more of a small MPV. IMO, it should ideally be compared with Lodgy/Ertiga kind of vehicles.

Though Mahindra has made a good attempt in styling TUV, Brezza & Ecosport are in different category. Even if the target group for TUV overlaps with the other two, this overlap is pretty small.
rsm97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 13:19   #111
Senior - BHPian

I was expecting to see many people curse Ford for this move. But looks like we are a maturing set of customers here ( at least at T BHP ) and I could see many people now considering the EcoSport over the Brezza. Some of them are from the compact sedan and premium hatch brackets too!

It is a very wise and bold decision by Ford, as they had the option of giving added dealer level discounts, free insurance and other offers. But they chose to make it official with a huge price slash.

Advantage is - Now any review of the Brezza would be done with the EcoSport's new prices and hence will have a large say in the conclusion part. Any comparo will now carry the new reduced prices for the EcoSport. This is something big, which they would have missed if they went with the variable marketing way - with dealer level discounts and offers.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 13:51   #112
GTO
Team-BHP Support

While the Vitara Brezza is a competent Maruti, my pick would be the EcoSport. I say this after having spent 200 kms in the Brezza.

I only buy top-end variants, so will list my reasons accordingly:

- EcoSport has solid build quality, noticeably more so than the Brezza.

- 6 Airbags, telescopic steering adjustment, better sound quality from the ICE etc. All are important to me.

- I like the driveability offered by the EcoSport's diesel, and it has more power too. Petrol or AT is a no-brainer as the Vitara Brezza doesn't offer either.

- The superb leather seats with adjustable lumbar support!

- EcoSport does hold the handling advantage (although the Maruti is also good and doesn't leave any room for complaints).

Vitara Brezza rides better, offers more room at the back & has the trustworthy Maruti support network.

But the depth of engineering in the EcoSport is superior. For this reason, and the ones listed above, I'd buy the Ford if I was shopping in this segment.

Last edited by GTO : 14th March 2016 at 14:33.
GTO is offline   (44) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 14:05   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
While the Vitara Brezza is a competent Maruti, my pick would be the EcoSport. I say this after having spent 200 kms in the Brezza.

But the depth of engineering in the EcoSport is more. For this reason, and the ones listed above, I'd buy the Ford if I was shopping in this segment.
It means the review will be out soon, isn't it?

I too will prefer Ecosport over Brezza as the 'in cabin' feel is much more plush than Brezza. Brezza has typical Maruti ambiance which make it feel bit dated. S-Ccross and Baleno were far better in this regard. In fact, with current price cut, S Cross looks like more value for money than Brezza IMO.
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 14:19   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It looks like within 48 hours of the Brezza launch, Ford has felt the heat and has responded in kind. Prices of the EcoSport have been cut
Damn!! If these were the prices of Ecosport when I got the new Figo, I would have definitely booked the Trend+ which is as much loaded as my Figo Titaniu; a bit more actually with very desirable split seats!

Would have been a stretch for my budget but I would have most certainly given it a thought!

Not that I am totally sad, my Figo is still faster than an Ecosport!

But hell yeah! God bless the competition!!
teemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 15:30   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Vitara Brezza rides better, offers more room at the back & has the trustworthy Maruti support network.
Very pertinent points mentioned by you I guess but this sole point I've quoted regarding support network, leaves me with no other choice than Maruti. At the end of the day, all we require is peace of mind which no other company is offering here at my place. Well, if I don't like Brezza after its test drive, I'll go in for S-Cross. My hunt for car has been going on for last 3 years and in these 3 years, I've been closely following the service issues at Hyundai, Mahindra, Ford and Maruti from different sources. Today itself I had gone to Hyundai service center to give my Uncle's Santro for servicing and they're still nowhere close to Maruti. Ford and Mahindra have different issues. Mahindra vehicles are better to be avoided for multiple reasons not related to the vehicle performance per-se. I had loved the Scorpio more than XUV5OO. For a change, I did not like the Ecosport when I saw or sat on rear seat.

Like most of the people here, I'm eagerly waiting for review of Brezza, hopefully it would be out sooner than what it took for Baleno's review.
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 15:34   #116
BHPian

Quote:
I only buy top-end variants, so will list my reasons accordingly:
Off topic, but can't resist the curiosity. I have observed that even the high end cars have variants. So, how do they differentiate across variants in a luxury car like an S class or an RR? Does it make sense at all to not offer something in the 'lower' end?
prakash_ajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 16:41   #117

Competition is awesome for the consumer (and confusing, sometimes). If they are doing a price cut of 1 lakh+, they had a good run, monopoly has it's own advantage.

I drove an Ecosport through ZoomCar couple of weeks back on a 300kms drive. I kept wondering, this vehicle was such a hit, I was not comfortable with the high seating position at all and the seat themselves were too tight for my medium build. But ride and handling were quite good though. After that 300kms drive, my love for Fiesta has only grown :-)
Petrolhead007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 16:47   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Off topic, but can't resist the curiosity. I have observed that even the high end cars have variants. So, how do they differentiate across variants in a luxury car like an S class or an RR? Does it make sense at all to not offer something in the 'lower' end?
High end cars skip the good and start with better and go on to bestest and end at bestest-er.

Even the base models have all features ticked like audio, reverse sensors etc.

Bestest: Then they add the nice to have like replacing their own branded artificial leather (MB Tex) with real leather and upgrade the audio to one with 10+ speakers, increase the screen size, add Navigation, HIDs for headlamps, sunroof etc.

Bestest-er: Better leather (like nappa) with cooling, audiophile branded audio like HarmannKardon or Bose or Sennheiser etc with a gazillion speakers, bigger screen, more screen, LEDs for headlamps, panoramic sunroof etc.
Asifgrkhan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 17:11   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- EcoSport has solid build quality, noticeably more so than the Brezza.

- 6 Airbags, telescopic steering adjustment, better sound quality from the ICE etc. All are important to me.
- The superb leather seats with adjustable lumbar support!
Brezza could justify its current pricing if Ecosport rates were not slashed. But now, Brezza has to slash its price by a minimum 40K, IMO.
romeomidhun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 17:14   #120
Senior - BHPian

Maruti already started using Brezza in car rally:
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/msr...58414670888790
It says:
Quote:
Chief Minister Harish Rawat from Paryatan Bhawan flagged off the much awaited maiden adventure sport rally in Uttarakhand. It will be the first leg of the very popular 2016 National Super League Rally Championship (TSD). ‪#‎MSRallyChampionship‬
Attached Thumbnails
The Brezza effect: Ford reduces EcoSport price by up to 1.12 lakhs-brezza-rally.jpg  

sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote