Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 4th December 2017, 21:50   #526
BHPian

Default Re: Out-of-state cars can run on Karnataka roads for 1 year!

Query: A freind of mine (in Kolkata) is selling his Car. What is the process involved if I want to buy it?

Do I have to apply for a re-registration at Kolkata (I don't have address proof in Kolkata)? Or can I directly obtain the NOC (Form-28), Police report from host state, Invoices, etc. and drive down to Bangalore RTO and get the registration and ownership transfer here?
nerd1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2017, 23:45   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Query: A freind of mine (in Kolkata) is selling his Car. What is the process involved if I want to buy it?

Do I have to apply for a re-registration at Kolkata (I don't have address proof in Kolkata)? Or can I directly obtain the NOC (Form-28), Police report from host state, Invoices, etc. and drive down to Bangalore RTO and get the registration and ownership transfer here?
WB is the only state which accepts tax for 5 years.One can pay life time tax in 3 installments instead of paying up upfront for 15 years.You could buy the vehicle, bring it to Bangalore and drive for a year and then register it.

Get NOC after 12 months, pay LTT and then register it.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2017, 09:23   #528
Senior - BHPian

I was very sure this will turn in to a reality one day. Looks so surreal though.
Attached Thumbnails
Out-of-state cars can run on Karnataka roads for 1 year!-1513482779485.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (13) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2017, 09:48   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I was very sure this will turn in to a reality one day. Looks so surreal though.
Might take a few years, but glad that at least the process has started. Going by that report, apparently only Rajya Sabha has to pass it - but politics will ensure delay.
samaspire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2017, 10:54   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Might take a few years, but glad that at least the process has started. Going by that report, apparently only Rajya Sabha has to pass it - but politics will ensure delay.
The state govt.s Would definitely oppose as it's a loss of revenue for them if the registration fee is unified.
nerd1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 12:19   #531
A M
BHPian

It is a very good move IMO. Apart from bringing the much needed relief to the owners who move between cities every few years, it will also help curb the malpractice of faking addresses in different states/UTs to save tax.

One reason for registering a motor vehicle is for the sake of tracking the owner/driver in case of any crime/accident/mishap involving the vehicle. This is best done if the vehicle is registered at one's permanent address since that is very unlikely to change. The owner might move between different cities for reasons of employment, thereby changing their residential addresses but the permanent address (largely) remains the same.

I hope this becomes reality sooner than later.
A M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 12:25   #532
BHPian

Hello

I'm moving from Pune to Bangalore in a few days. I have a MH 14 (Pune) registered Polo which I plan to take to Bangalore.

I have spoken to some agents here, and they've assured I don't need to be physically present to get NOC from RTO here. Neither does the car need to be here.

So I was planning I will move to Bangalore, and sometime within the next 1 year, will apply for NOC and then get it registered in Karnataka.

Does that sound like plan that will work out? I hope I will not be unnecessarily bothered by cops in Bangalore for driving a MH registered vehicle.

What documents should I carry to convince cops that it has actually been less than a year since I moved to Bangalore?

Thanks!
AD

PS: I will be driving to Bangalore. So cannot show truck transportation receipt as proof.
aishwaryadeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 12:44   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishwaryadeep View Post
PS: I will be driving to Bangalore. So cannot show truck transportation receipt as proof.
Mostly, the drive to stop out of state cars has stopped in Bangalore. Additionally, I believe combination of toll receipts, fuel receipts and PUC certificate from Maharashtra would also be considered.
autorahul is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 16:01   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Mostly, the drive to stop out of state cars has stopped in Bangalore.
Oh! That's good to know. Thanks!

Quote:
Additionally, I believe combination of toll receipts, fuel receipts and PUC certificate from Maharashtra would also be considered.
Yes, I was planning to retain these. It's just that the ink on bills, tolls receipts do not last long.

And PUC here, in Pune, is not a computer generated sheet with Car's photograph in it. It is filled in manually on a certificate. So anyone with a little jugaad can get a PUC without the car being physically present in the city. So not sure if cops would actually treat PUC as a proof.

Combination of PUC, toll receipts etc. should work though (hopefully!).

Thanks!
Old 18th December 2017, 16:46   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Oh! That's good to know. Thanks!

Yes, I was planning to retain these. It's just that the ink on bills, tolls receipts do not last long.

And PUC here, in Pune, is not a computer generated sheet with Car's photograph in it. It is filled in manually on a certificate. So anyone with a little jugaad can get a PUC without the car being physically present in the city. So not sure if cops would actually treat PUC as a proof.

Combination of PUC, toll receipts etc. should work though (hopefully!).

Thanks!
Like Raul mentioned, cops are not bothered about out of station cars anymore. I am using my WB registered car for the last 1.5 years without even being stopped once. I have now paid the tax and registered the car here, but still running on the WB plates.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 18:08   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I am using my WB registered car for the last 1.5 years without even being stopped once. I have now paid the tax and registered the car here, but still running on the WB plates.
Thank you!

It's a relief to know cops do not harass out of state registered vehicles.

I definitely plan to register the car in Bangalore. Don't mind taking KA plates either.

It's just that I don't want to do it immediately.

May ask you for tips when I actually get down to doing this. I hope you don't mind!

Thanks!
Old 23rd December 2017, 01:04   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you!

It's a relief to know cops do not harass out of state registered vehicles.

I definitely plan to register the car in Bangalore. Don't mind taking KA plates either.

It's just that I don't want to do it immediately.

May ask you for tips when I actually get down to doing this. I hope you don't mind!

Thanks!
Sure no issues at all. PM me before you are coming down.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2017, 10:17   #538
Senior - BHPian

Transportation: Panel favours one nation, one permit, one tax

The select committee on the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2017, submits report to Rajya Sabha, supporting the idea of one nation, one permit, one tax which will help states boost road tax revenue

New Delhi: The select committee on the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2017, on Friday submitted its report to the Rajya Sabha, supporting the idea of one nation, one permit, one tax which will help states boost road tax revenue.

At present, interstate and national permits entail cumbersome procedures and payment of hefty taxes and fees. For instance, if a bus has to ply in the five southern states, it has to pay Rs42 lakh in permit fees every year. As a result of this bus operators in the country have been demanding an “open road” policy similar to the “open sky” policy in civil aviation, and that all permits be made national permits with the objective of one nation, one permit and one tax.

The committee headed by Vinay P. Sahasrabuddhe in its report said that the proposed amendments would help in boosting the concept of cooperative federalism. It supported provisions for an increase in penalties on drivers causing accidents, strengthening of public transport and road safety, registration of new vehicles at the dealer’s end, allowing renewal of driving licences six months before and after the expiry date, a National Permit System and the concept of last mile connectivity as being citizen friendly.

The Lok Sabha had unanimously passed the bill earlier this year.

The panel said the bill would not in any way affect the independent functioning of state governments’ regional transport offices (RTOs)—a bone of contention with states. In fact, the report said the bill would make RTOs more transparent and accountable.

The 24-member committee submitted its report with dissent notes from five members of Parliament which includes Pramod Tiwari (Congress), B.K. Hariprasad (Congress), C.P. Narayanan (Communist Party of India (Marxist)), A. Navaneetha Krishnan (All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam) and Manish Gupta (Trinamool Congress).

The panel supported the idea of introducing devices like speed cameras, closed-circuit television cameras, speed guns, body wearable cameras and other such technology. It recommended that every traffic policeman or RTO official enforcing the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act and rules have a body-wearable camera and offences recorded be digitally stored and monitored in the control room. This, it said, would reduce arbitrariness and corruption by enforcement officials.

The committee suggested that the government formulate rules to ensure the safety of a child below the age of four riding on a two-wheeler regardless of socioeconomic situations prevailing in the country. It said: “The punishment in case of death in an accident by a drunken driver is proposed to be enhanced up to seven years in line with proposed amendments in IPC.”

Apart from this, the committee also suggested that a proposal making it mandatory to have two drivers for heavy commercial vehicles running more than 500km be included in the rules.

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/gzn...n-one-per.html
SILVERWOOD is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 15:30   #539
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I'm moving from Pune to Bangalore in a few days. I have a MH 14 (Pune) registered Polo which I plan to take to Bangalore.

I have spoken to some agents here, and they've assured I don't need to be physically present to get NOC from RTO here. Neither does the car need to be here.

So I was planning I will move to Bangalore, and sometime within the next 1 year, will apply for NOC and then get it registered in Karnataka.
Whenever you apply for the NOC at the MH14 RTO fill up and submit the form DT for refund of MH OTT that you have already deposited during registration.
If you do that later it can be refused due to lapse.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 15:56   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Whenever you apply for the NOC at the MH14 RTO fill up and submit the form DT for refund of MH OTT that you have already deposited during registration.
If you do that later it can be refused due to lapse.

Rahul
Thanks Rahul.

Do you have contacts of any reliable agents here in Pune? I have spoken to a few - all of them sound confident of getting the work done, but somehow, none of them appeared reliable to me!

Unfortunately, I do not have time to even try to do this on my own. :(

Thanks!