Evo India review is out
http://evoindia.com/renault-captur-first-drive/
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 14:01   #317
BHPian

Default re: Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
So it's still "SRP" airbags instead of the norm which is "SRS"! Supposedly the SRP airbags are smaller and made to save costs rather than the standard SRS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
ACI Captur gallery confirms that it is indeed SRS and not SRP. I am not sure about the size of the airbags though.
SRP/ SRS inscription has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the airbag. It is just the choice of the OEM to have any one of these inscribed.

SRP - Supplementary Restraint Protection
SRS - Supplementary Restraint System
vjkamal is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 15:49   #318
Senior - BHPian

I have seen the Capturs daily over last 2 years. Love this car's appearance. Different than most & very practical dimensions.

I'll not comment at the disasters in the interiors as a lot of colleagues have already done it.

However, after looking at the driver's meter console, I have totally forgotten how the rest of the car looks...Even after the countless that I have seen in person and the numerous images I saw here...Why?

Somehow I get the feeling that ambitious pricing will damage this car's sales right from the word go. Simply because of the available options.
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 16:06   #319
BHPian

Kaptur's exterior looks good. The alloys and overall stance is appealing.

I am looking to change my old Figo and in case Captur is priced on par with Creta, I would definitely pick this up over the Creta for replacing the Figo. Looks, Ride & Handling combo and space/backseat comfort are the advantages that I see for this car.
vishnurp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 17:03   #320
BHPian

Renault Captur microsite is now live. Same details of what we know thus far.

Clearly they are banking on external features of the car rather than harping much on the interiors and mechanical underpinnings.

In all the interviews given by Sumit Sawhney's he continues to repeat about the LED headlamps, Sapphire DRLs, LED tail lamps, dual tone exterior, R17 alloy wheels, 210mm ground clearance and largest dimension in the category as compared to competition.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-1.png  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-2.png  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-3.png  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-5.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by damager21 : 22nd September 2017 at 17:18.
damager21 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 19:16   #321
Senior - BHPian

First comment from the media drive at Goa!

Quote:
Based on the Duster platform, it looks purposeful and more modern. Spacious interior; supremely comfortable
Quote:
the Captur with the 108bhp diesel engine and 6-speed gbox. Sorted but doesn't feel as torquey at the low-end as in the Duster.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 4506
Size:  41.6 KB

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-dkvcwamwsaaqnjb.jpg

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-dkumf3kumaafzfm.jpg

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd September 2017 at 19:18.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 20:39   #322
BHPian

Guys,

I own a Duster ( 2016 face-lifted model, top end variant ).

Here is what we get extra in Captur top end compare to Duster top end

1. Dual tone exterior

2. Full LED Headlamps & Tail Lamps

3. LED DRLs

4. Audi-style sweeping indicators

5. R17 Crystal Cut alloys ( Duster has R16 alloys )

6. Leather seats ( Duster has premium fabric seats )

7. Smart Access Card

8. Updated Instrument Cluster

9. Engine start/stop button

10. Safety kit on ALL variants - Dual airbags, ABS, EBD, BA ( Not the case in Duster )

11. Better crash protection ( As claimed by Renault )

12. ISOFIX Mount for child safety

13. Auto rain sensing wipers

14. Rear AC vents

15. Customization options ( Interior + Exterior )

What we miss ( At the moment )

1. AWD

2. Automatic variants

What I think about pricing:

With the extra list above, I believe Renault would price Captur 1 lakh - 1.5 lakh more than Duster ( top end )

Duster 110 PS RXZ 4X2 MT is currently at 15.50 lakh ( Bangalore OTR ). So my guess for Captur top end is around 17 lakhs ( Bangalore OTR )

This would still undercut Creta top end by around 1 lakh. Creta 1.6 SX CRDI (O) is about 18 lakhs ( Bangalore OTR )

Let's wait and watch

I am going to take a test drive when the vehicle is launched officially.

Then I will update more on this. Specially driving experience in terms of ride and handling ( in comparison to Duster )

Cheers
RAHS
RAHS is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 21:30   #323
BHPian

Received the below photographs one of my friends, who want to be remain anonymous. Thanks buddy for sharing. Also came to know the ex showroom price will be Rs 2 lakh more the current Duster price and launch will during Diwali.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-1.jpg  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-2.jpg  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-3.jpg  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-4.jpg  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-5.jpg  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-6.jpg  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-7.jpg  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-8.jpg  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-9.jpg  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-10.jpg  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-11.jpg  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-12.jpg  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-13.jpg  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-14.jpg  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-15.jpg  

Renault teases Captur SUV; Now unveiled in India-16.jpg  

Last edited by gaddiwale : 22nd September 2017 at 21:31. Reason: added
gaddiwale is online now   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 00:17   #324
BHPian

Beautiful car that will fail IMHO !
Renault has once again given us a horribly finished interior. It worked for the duster because of the time it was launched 5 years ago and it does not work now! The one reason why I'm so put off with Renault is the damn interior. Having lived with that interior for 5 years (duster), i would never every buy a car with a similarly finished interior. I think renault has made a big mistake by compromising on the interior. The door pads looks terrible (hard plastics, poorly rounded off).
nik_kapur is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 00:39   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Beautiful car that will fail IMHO !
Renault has once again given us a horribly finished interior.
100 % correct..!

From the pictures the interior quality doesn't seem to justify the price tag that Renault might be expecting. And as mentioned above if they want to price it 2 Lakh's above Duster, I don't see a single reason why people should pick this over Creta.

Though Creta is directly compared with Duster (which already has stone age interiors) its lightyears ahead of any Renault sold in India.

Two of the Renault cars which were readily accepted had their own plus points

- Duster : Completely started a new segment and had advantage of new comer.

- Kwid: A budget hatch with SUV looks.

With Kaptur, I am not quite sure if it will garner any success. Having Creta at one end and Compass at other end its going to be very tough for Renault.

Having said that we have to wait for reviews start coming in and our official review which will provide the right perspective.
RJ411 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 03:47   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.autocarindia.com/car-revi...t-drive-406039

Autocar India first drive review is out.

Quote:
The Captur’s pricing hasn’t been announced at this point and we expect that it will come in a notch above the Hyundai Creta, but well under the Jeep Compass.
Absolute recipe for disaster, for an otherwise capable product! It should certainly work at Duster prices.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd September 2017 at 03:53.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 06:00   #327
BHPian

The leg room and under thigh support looks similar to Duster. The engine bay is a copy paste job from Duster so expect no change in the insulation or smoke levels. They have got rid of the old headlight height adjuster and placement is perfect this time. There is no alloy spare wheel and the circular air vents looks cheap at this price range.
deehunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 06:40   #328
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hope they have taken care of the injector issues in the 110 PS engine along with the clutch life. The product should be niggle free right from the beginning given the premium price for a not-so-premium product.
arunramaswamy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 06:49   #329

I am little befuddled with us writing obituaries based on a few pictures and a handful of leaflets. Shouldn't We, a rather notable voice in the automotive world, be atleast patient enough to wrap our hands around the steering wheel atleast before doing so? I agree that the Duster doesn't dust off the muck Creta throws on it in terms of features and creature comforts, and by the looks of it, the Captur may be more of the same story.

Having said that, I do see a lot of benefits to the Captur;

a. It's based on a platform that has gone to hell and come back. Have travelled on Maharashtra "roads" in a Duster innumerable times, and safe to say it performs rather admirably.

b. The size is a perfect composition of not excess and not compressed. I have checked out the Nexon and EcoSport; and anyone with a build and height of me (an overgrown man) will find it hard to appreciate the rear seat comfort. Captur is wonderfully supportive in that aspect.

c. Having read the articles quoted above, I do see that the engine has been tuned for refinement. Not that it sounded tractorish to start with, if Renault has been able to multiply their ride quality with great NVH, that for me is premium experience already.

d. The car really is more attuned with the S-Cross, than with stand-up-tall Compact SUVs. The styling has been carried forward from the Renault Clio, which in itself is a stunner.

e. Ok, yes! The centre facia is rather quirky. But hey, ils sont Francias... that's how French do. In a week or two, we do get over styling cues and they start looking less garish.

Maybe my only submission is to let the car come on board and let us - the Keyboard Warriors- get a feel of the drive. There really is a lot to a car than LED strips and some fancy ol' buttons.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th September 2017 at 09:51. Reason: Typo fixed. Thanks
Overlander is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 06:52   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
It's kind of contradicting - Kaptur-based cross-over, based on the Duster platform; but Kaptur is not based on the Duster
Very well put! Just shows the kind of garbled gobble-de-gook that the spin doctors will resort to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here are the official pics of Kaptur for Russia .
http://carplace.uol.com.br/renault-k...il-em-2017/11/
But still no AWD version for India! - Russia yes, India no. How I wish TM, M&M, MSIL would bite the bullet, do the needful & offer AWD options for their current & upcoming monocoque quasi-compact SUVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjkamal View Post
SRP/ SRS inscription has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the airbag. It is just the choice of the OEM to have any one of these inscribed.
SRP - Supplementary Restraint Protection
SRS - Supplementary Restraint System
Just so - the "OEM's" choice of course is paramount! And to hell with the customer's perception of the actual safety that the car provides. At least one fact seems to be peeping thru' - the vast number of air-bag failures in fatal accidents world-wide (not-withstanding the verbal gymnastics put up by the "OEMs" in their defence!) seems to have finally got through to them. And so the need to, at least, appear to be doing something about it. Therefore this play with acronyms - SRP, SRS and more to come I'm sure - as a show of their "earnest" commitment to passenger safety.

Last edited by shashanka : 23rd September 2017 at 07:05.
shashanka is offline   Reply With Quote