Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:30   #1
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,306
Thanked: 23,875 Times
Default Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

In July 2015, Maruti Suzuki launched NEXA - a dealership network for its premium range of cars including the S-Cross and Baleno. While the cars are being sold through this dealership network, they have to be serviced at the company's regular service outlets.

Now, Maruti is gearing up to launch exclusive service facilities for its NEXA customers. These facilities are expected to start in another six months.

Currently, to get their cars serviced, NEXA customers have three options:
  1. Call up their relationship manager and get the car serviced at home
  2. Have the car picked up and taken to the workshop for service and maintenance and have it delivered the same day
  3. Go over to the workshop with the relationship manager to ensure that he or she gets the same level of premium treatment at the workshop too
At present, Maruti has 127 NEXA dealerships in India. The company plans to add another 123 outlets this year. So far, more than 70,000 cars have been sold through this network and the waiting period for the Baleno is long.

Over the next 3 years, Maruti expects cars sold through NEXA to account for 15% to its total sales. By October, the company plans to launch the Baleno RS and Ignis, which will be sold through this channel.

Source: The Hindu Business Line

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd April 2016 at 18:07.
Aditya is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:54   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 2,094 Times
Default Re: Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

This is an excellent move by Maruti and definitely something that Germans can learn from as they do not provide such facilities for their marquee products. An A-class and Maybach customer do not experience any different levels of service experience at the service center.

IMO, Ciaz customers should also be included in the NEXA service privileges.
I wonder how the car serviced at home option works?
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:59   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: JH01/JH05
Posts: 1,976
Thanked: 11,019 Times
Default Re: Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

Few months back, one of my friends got himself a Baleno, only on the condition that he will be getting his car serviced from the normal MASS, and not the dealer workshop.

If Maruti makes it mandatory to get the NEXA cars serviced at NEXA outlets only, then it will seriously undermine their USP of "largest service coverage".

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:06   #4
BHPian
 
Skyline_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bombay
Posts: 170
Thanked: 261 Times
Default Re: Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

A wise move from Suzuki to give the more premium NEXA brand an upper hand over it's budget counterpart.
Still skeptical about how will they manage the "Servicing at Home" facility if every customer opts for it?
Sai Service(Maruti's dealer chain) offers a similar service where you can book an appointment for your car servicing and they collect and drop your vehicle to your residence. The only issue being one has to inform them well in advance (15-20 days) if one plans to use this facility. Chances are slim you would get this facility for appointments taken in less than a week's duration from date of service. Also this facility is given to very limited number of customers in a day. (I had asked for it a few times but was told each time that all the attendants for home delivery were booked for the day)
Skyline_GT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:53   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 106
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

I would assume that it is at the customer's discretion on where he/she wants to get the car serviced. In cities with limited NEXA availability, the customers will continue to get the car serviced at the regular MASS. But I hope Maruti puts in a sincere effort if they want to make this thing happen. The sales experience has been a nightmare for a lot of people at the so-called premium NEXA showrooms.
farooq817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:06   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 156
Thanked: 223 Times
Default Re: Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

Appreciate it, Maruti. Already on the top Maruti Service gets even better!
Now the customers will get that exclusive "Nexa" treatment not only while buying the car, but also every time they get in touch with Maruti (regular service, repairs etc). Way to go!
Zinda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:19   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,255
Thanked: 1,442 Times
Default Re: Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

In the long run, I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Setting up of exclusive NEXA service outlets has got me thinking, as the delivery of my new S-Cross is imminent.

On one hand, if the NEXA service outlets are going to function just like any other MASS, but with some "premium" touches, it will be a very good thing. What sets Maruti service apart is the fact that sufficient competition exists in the form of multiple MASS and availability of genuine spares on the open market. This creates an automatic incentive for each MASS to provide good service and keep customers coming back.

On the other hand, if NEXA service is trying to ape other so-called premium brands by creating a service & spares monopoly, then in the medium to long term, things are likely to deteriorate. We will get the same patchy, unpredictable levels of service like we do from them currently.
KiloAlpha is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:28   #8
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,966
Thanked: 16,742 Times
Default

I somehow get a feeling NEXA will differentiate more and more from Maruti Suzuki soon. In fact, I would like to see the international Suzuki range under NEXA.

Bring on the likes of Swift Sport and Vitara S please!

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2016 at 11:52. Reason: Maruti Suzuki (not MS) :). Thanks
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:53   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: -
Posts: 858
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default Re: Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

Hypothetically, I wouldn't be too happy to service my Ciaz at a regular service centre and be treated like the average Joe, while someone with a Baleno, who's spent lesser than me, gets preferential treatment! It's not like I refused the NEXA experience when I bought the Ciaz now, is it? You can replace Ciaz with a Brezza but the issue is the same.

I feel the whole NEXA strategy is messed up, lacking a clear vision. There's no clear definition on the models that get the NEXA treatment, so to speak and it doesn't seem to align with their philosophy. I'd imagine the NEXA service will be an add-on premium feature for customers (like purple, platinum cards), irrespective of the car models and, that way, I get the preferential treatment because I opted for it, paid for it and, to me, that makes sense.

Imagine flying business class and you find business class service on economy class! The point I'm making is: the choice to opt for a NEXA experience/service should lie with the customer and not the manufacturer. I don't see them going very far with this strategy.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 22nd April 2016 at 13:56.
swiftdiesel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:11   #10
BHPian
 
vinit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 107
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
The point I'm making is: the choice to opt for a NEXA experience/service should lie with the customer and not the manufacturer.
Totally agree. May be Maruti can decide a price threshold above which all their cars will automatically get the Nexa treatment. It doesnt make sense to get a higher priced car to get serviced at regular MASS as compared to a lower priced Nexa car.

Unless and until the customer clearly sees the difference between the regular Maruti cars and Nexa cars, this strategy may not work. Mix and Match of various types of cars in these two segments is ridiculous.
vinit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:33   #11
BHPian
 
SchumiFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 859
Thanked: 703 Times
Default Re: Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

I don't see why regular Maruti folks would get disappointed with superior level of service for Nexa cars. They knew exactly what they were getting into, when they signed the agreement for the sale.

For ex. Acura might have a couple of cars below the price of a few Honda cars. Not Honda's problem that people paying less are offered better service.

Ciaz owners had a choice to go for S-Cross but if they chose not to, they shouldn't be complaining about a fact they knew prior to purchasing the vehicle.

Coming to the topic of the thread, it is nice to see the customer pampered and what more than to get pampered by the market's leading car manufacturer.

All the more reason to stick within the Maruti ecosystem.
SchumiFan is online now  
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:38   #12
BHPian
 
100BHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 84
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Re: Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
In the long run, I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Setting up of exclusive NEXA service outlets has got me thinking, as the delivery of my new S-Cross is imminent.

On one hand, if the NEXA service outlets are going to function just like any other MASS, but with some "premium" touches, it will be a very good thing. What sets Maruti service apart is the fact that sufficient competition exists in the form of multiple MASS and availability of genuine spares on the open market. This creates an automatic incentive for each MASS to provide good service and keep customers coming back.

On the other hand, if NEXA service is trying to ape other so-called premium brands by creating a service & spares monopoly, then in the medium to long term, things are likely to deteriorate. We will get the same patchy, unpredictable levels of service like we do from them currently.
One thing is for sure, MASS does not have the level of expertise to service S Cross 1.6 .... twice it went to Rama Motors Okhla & both times it came back with more problems. Even MASS people are rude to handle NEXA customers - this is what can be done - take it or leave it .

Even car pick up persons do not carry ID cards - How to handover your car to someone unknown?

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2016 at 11:55. Reason: Typo
100BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:42   #13
BHPian
 
drive2eternity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 267
Thanked: 880 Times
Default Re: Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

On one hand this looks like a good move. People getting the exclusive NEXA experience when they purchase the vehicle continue to get the same for their services.
On the other hand, it takes away the vast reach of Maruti Service Centers, which were a primary reason for our Country loving the Marutis.

OT: Is it anywhere defined or a mere coincidence that cars sold via Regular Maruti Showrooms are marked LDi, VDi, ZDi and ZDi+ etc while the ones sold via NEXA get Alpha, Zeta, Delta etc variants?

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2016 at 11:56. Reason: Typo
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:43   #14
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,890
Thanked: 9,723 Times
Default Re: Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

I guess the sales of the Baleno enabled Maruti to justify making dealers invest in exclusive service facilities. If the Baleno sold like the S Cross, there would not be any takers
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 17:12   #15
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: -
Posts: 858
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default Re: Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I don't see why regular Maruti folks would get disappointed with superior level of service for Nexa cars. They knew exactly what they were getting into, when they signed the agreement for the sale.
Yes, they knew what they got into, not as a matter of choice, but out of sheer lack of options!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
For ex. Acura might have a couple of cars below the price of a few Honda cars. Not Honda's problem that people paying less are offered better service.
Yes, but it's still an Acura and not Honda. People who buy Acura invest in the brand as well and Honda knows that and the reason for a separate brand. Your comparison doesn't parallel here because the humble Alto to the expensive hatch, S-Cross, bear the S logo. Ideally, I'm buying the same Suzuki in a NEXA showroom that Mr. Joe buys in the Maruti showroom. There is no differentiation a la Acura-Honda or Lexus-Toyota. Moreover, Honda differentiates Acura in terms of interior design, choice of materials to the point the customer doesn't find himself sitting in a Honda. Maruti uses the same steering wheel from the Swift to the S-Cross. Most of the parts bin are shared among models. Where's the differentiation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Ciaz owners had a choice to go for S-Cross but if they chose not to, they shouldn't be complaining about a fact they knew prior to purchasing the vehicle.
I quite don't get your point. When my requirement is a sedan with a boot why would I have S-Cross as an option? Just so I get NEXA service I buy a hatchback when my requirement is a sedan?


Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
All the more reason to stick within the Maruti ecosystem.
That's exactly my point; Maruti is jeopardising its own ecosystem. I hope to be proved wrong.
swiftdiesel is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars tbppjpr The Indian Car Scene 432 4th December 2017 10:19
Mypad / Mypadu / Mapadu, Tranquebar, Pondicherry accomodation & facilities query Ravveendrra Route / Travel Queries 15 23rd June 2016 17:46
Woman-friendly travel facilities in Trivandrum, Kerala maneesh1098 Street Experiences 7 3rd February 2014 21:53
Why no medical facilities on Highways? Mr.Bangalore Street Experiences 10 12th September 2013 16:09
International Service Facilities - Audi Cam in UK shibujp The International Automotive Scene 0 9th August 2012 09:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks