Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th May 2016, 22:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Mitsubishi: A prime takeover target for Tata or Mahindra? EDIT: Nope it's Nissan!

Recently I had to make a tough decision(as a petrolhead) to sell either my Mitsubishi Cedia or the Fiat LineaTJet+.
Having sold the latter, I'm loving it

I hope that the badge sharing arrangement between Nissan & Mitsubishi hits the showrooms here sooner than later. I would love to buy a Mitsubishi badged Micra cvt to get the best of both Worlds. Nissan's technology coupled with Mitsubishi's impeccable service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Carlos Ghosn has done it again - Mitsubishi is all set to become a member of the Renault-Nissan Alliance!

Attachment 1506514

The negotiated 34% stake in Mitsubishi will make Nissan the largest shareholder of the struggling Japanese manufacturer. Other Mitsubishi group companies will continue to hold significant stake in Mitsubishi Motors Corporation.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 22:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Mitsubishi: A prime takeover target for Tata or Mahindra? EDIT: Nope it's Nissan!

Isn't Mitsubishi a huge corporation with diverse products ? Automotive is just one of its divisions. How come it has cash crunch now? They are into lot of other things.
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 22:53   #48
BHPian

Good news for Mitsubishi motors ,at least the brand survives the scandal,hope this venture will bring a larger range Mitsubishi vehicles to india
cjt2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 08:08   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan will become Mitsubishi’s largest shareholder, buying a 34% stake for $2.18 billion.

Well! Wasn't it Nissan who pointed out the gross misappropriation of fuel economy at Mitsubishi wiping billions off the latter' market value? I guess Nissan moved quite fast over here.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 10:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

$1.8 billion, was a steal for NISSAN.
shortbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 12:43   #51

What would this mean for Mistu in India . WIll we start seeing pajeros in front of the Nissan showrroms some way down this year . ?
radiacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 13:16   #52
BHPian

I guess with Nissan in the back ground Mitsubishi may improve its presence in India ,hopefully bring additional models and varients and strengthen its network of service centers with well stocked spares .I am keeping my fingers crossed, I love the brand and a diehard pajero and evo fan
cjt2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 19:32   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Mitsubishi: A prime takeover target for Tata or Mahindra? EDIT: Nope it's Nissan!

Hormazd Sorabjee tweets, from the 2017 Geneva Motor Show:

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  82.9 KB
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 11:26   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Mitsubishi: A prime takeover target for Tata or Mahindra? EDIT: Nope it's Nissan!

Carlos Ghosn hints at a mass-market offering in India from Mitsubishi in the near future, based on the Kwid's platform.

He also drops a clue on expecting the new-gen Lancer from the same stable.

Quote:
"I think with the A-platform the (the small car platform of the Common Module Family, or CMF jointly developed by Renault and Nissan, a sort of modular manufacturing system for cars), in particular the Kwid and all the products that are going to follow that, we think we have found our entry level (car) in the Indian market. But this platform is an Alliance platform. Today you are having a Renault product, tomorrow you are going to have a Nissan product. This platform will be open to Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi has so many opportunities to grow that the management of Mitsubishi is going to have to prioritise what they are going to do first, second and third. So I cannot tell you in what timeframe this will happen but without any doubt, this is a very big market for future for any carmaker and for Mitsubishi in particular
."
ACI
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote