Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 29th April 2016, 02:29   #16
BHPian

Default re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Amazing vehicle at an amazing price! .... there would be a year-long waiting period.
Seriously genuine concern there. The plant's production capacity is 50K vehicles per year and that includes commercial D-Max pickups as well. If priced appropriately, orders will probably go through the roof. I feel a lot of people have been waiting for a vehicle like this for long. Those muscular looks will put almost any other SUV to shame.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th May 2016 at 00:24. Reason: Edited the quoted post
bordeaux is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 02:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

WOW a trailblazer pickup for 15 lakhs on road? That's mouth watering value for money. Expect this to be the new hit among buyers of the Scorpio getaway and Tata Xenon. Good job Isuzu
Old 29th April 2016, 08:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Is the AP Chief Minister driving the car? What a rare sight for people from Tamil Nadu! It's election time and arguably none of the CM candidates can actually stand steady for a long time
kiku007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 08:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Yes approximately 14L on road is a fantastic pricing!I drove the D max pick up and was stunned with the overall refinement.
That's great, my dad got a call from the Kolkata dealership yesterday night it seems. He's going to call him up now and confirm booking for the V-Cross.

Any idea when deliveries might start? Can't hold the excitement
Old 29th April 2016, 09:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the reactions here, it leads me to believe that the Isuzu will do to the pick-up segment what the Skoda Octavia did to the D-segment in India.
Defined it.

Until the Octavia came along, the space between the upper C-segment sedans and the E-class Merc was pretty sparsely populated. The Octavia defined this segment.

In a like fashion, the space between the Tata Super-Ace (and its equivalents) and the 407 is not so hot. Looks like the Isuzu is going to define what should fill it.

Mahindra and Tata had better go back to the drawing board now.
KiloAlpha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 11:37   #21
BHPian

Just talked to a representative at Mahaveer Isuzu, Hyderabad. Ex-showroom for top end V-Cross is 12,49,000. They don't have On The Road price yet. Booking has already started. Going to book mine soon. No data on deliveries yet. I was informed that a sales executive will get back to me with more details.

Last edited by bordeaux : 29th April 2016 at 12:01.
bordeaux is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 12:53   #22
BHPian

I am quite excited about the D Max. I don't have the need for a pickup nor am I active in the local 4x4 scene in Chennai, but just the thought of driving around a badass pickup truck is getting me excited.

There are lots of Iron-man and ARB kits available for the D Max and can be a good off-roader expedition vehicle.
Not to mention the thought of all those pesky autos and Lane hogging 2 wheelers scampering away after seeing you in their mirrors.

I wonder how this truck will be to drive daily? Anyone here who uses their xenon or getaway as a daily driver?

Last edited by GTO : 29th April 2016 at 15:21. Reason: Language
vibhu_f430 is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 29th April 2016, 13:34   #23
BHPian

More details from the Sales Manager, Isuzu Hyderabad.

Booking amount : 50,000 (5,000 deductible in case of cancellation)

They'll receive test vehicles in second week of May. They'll bring test vehicles to your place for test drives. Delivery to start from July first week. He mentioned they already have 10 confirmed bookings.

All the data above is what I was told over phone.
bordeaux is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 13:52   #24

Guys,

Just spoke to the dealer in chennai and was informed over the phone that the price is about Rs12.5 lakhs (ex-showroom) and will ONLY be available with Rs1lakh worth of accessories, making it Rs13.5lakh!!

Is this the case across markets??

Also deliveries only from July'16!!
Anil Rajani is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 14:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

Just a question, will it come with that hideous rear fairings over the bed and the rear top part of the body as shown in the video ? What about the chrome on the doors and rear tail lights ? It looks absolutely hideous. Will it be possible to remove all of these?

I want the tailgate to have just a simple pull and close mechanism for a dickey like bed. Also a black roll bar would have looked better than this fancy jatang DC kind of make over for the rear.

Last edited by humyum : 29th April 2016 at 14:49.
Old 29th April 2016, 15:12   #26
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Just a question, will it come with that hideous rear fairings over the bed and the rear top part of the body as shown in the video ? What about the chrome on the doors and rear tail lights ? It looks absolutely hideous. Will it be possible to remove all of these?

I want the tailgate to have just a simple pull and close mechanism for a dickey like bed. Also a black roll bar would have looked better than this fancy jatang DC kind of make over for the rear.
The cover is a optional extra, so are the chrome add ons.

BTW, I could barely tolerate the video review, he does not even know what he is talking about.
.anshuman is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 15:16   #27
BHPian

Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The cover is a optional extra, so are the chrome add ons.

BTW, I could barely tolerate the video review, he does not even know what he is talking about.
In my opinion and as somebody already mentioned, it was not a planned review. They somehow got hold of the vehicle and he was taken by surprise. Hence the loss of words and fumbling.
Old 29th April 2016, 16:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
In my opinion and as somebody already mentioned, it was not a planned review. They somehow got hold of the vehicle and he was taken by surprise. Hence the loss of words and fumbling.
He still had a drive in it over rough terrain. No impressions on body control, ride, suspension articulation, steering, tractability, seat comfort, aircon capabilities in the summer, nothing? There was literally no first impression he merely fumbled the specs off a sheet and said there was some smooth plastic on the dash
IshaanIan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 16:32   #29
BHPian

So if the adventure V-cross is around 12.5 lakhs, it then reassures the fact that the MU-X which is the Fortuner, Endeavour and Trailblazer competition will surely be priced around 15 lakhs as they were saying in the expo. Very aggressive pricing indeed. And with the success MU-X had in overseas markets of Thailand & Australia and also the renown Isuzu reliability I feel it would be the best VFM SUV for India. And personally would be in line for it.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th April 2016 at 21:36. Reason: Mu7 -> MU-X on request.
Old 29th April 2016, 16:40   #30
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a call from Viraaj Isuzu Pune, the SA confirmed the 12.5 lakhs ex-showroom price and that deliveries will start July onwards. Booking amount is 50 K. All these have already been posted by many fellow bhpians from various other cities. Looks like a great price for what the V-Cross 4x4 offers.
//M is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread