Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 27th June 2016, 12:15   #286
BHPian

Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanaj View Post
Thank you Charan for the details. Can you please mention the details of the retailers (especially in Bangalore). I am interested in exploring the options they have.
1. Ashok Kumar from OZONE (4x4xoffroad.in) is the contact for ARB equipment.
2. Zac Maratt for Ironman4x4 in Bangalore, he is quite active and responds on Facebook
3. Hot Tracks for Carry Boy Accessories

Websites have their contact details

Last edited by charan : 27th June 2016 at 12:16.
charan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 23:47   #287

Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by charan View Post
3. Hot Tracks for Carry Boy Accessories

As per carryboy Malaysia . Mahavir Isuzu is there the only official distributor for south India.
Mahavir is still, or working or waiting on pricing various accessory.

/// from mahavir official site
Mahavir Isuzu
Jhabakh Auto Pvt Ltd.
House No 1-88/1
Hi-tech City Main Road
Madhapur,Hyderabad-500081
Mobile# 8297753004
Land Line# 040-32563004
Mail to: accessories@mahavirisuzu.com
parvezshah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 09:52   #288
BHPian

I think we should not accept deliveries of our cars unless the complete specs are out officially. Otherwise, if in future there is something missing or there is a problem, Isuzu might say that it was never a part of standard specifications, and that we never said that it would be or would not be part of standard list of specifications. I mean think about it, why should a manufacturer withhold such basic information, what is the need for them to work like this, as if they are doing some unlawful activity.
chaudh2s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 20:37   #289
BHPian

I saw the Final Production version in Black. Man what a looker it is. Imposing presence. Way better than brown, but may not opt for it as we have that sentiment in the family. As such convincing them for Vcross itself is a challenge.
Stereo is a standard accessory. I informed my SA that any additions I will get them done of my choice where I want. Insurance also from outside.

I will take the test drive sometime this week and finalize the booking. Only apprehension are size, parking and rear seat comfort. SA said he will arrange for a long test drive including ORR as this will surely see a lot of it. Almost 80cms longer than the Innova. Deliveries are expected to happen in the first week in Hyderabad.
indian21r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 21:58   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I will take the test drive sometime this week and finalize the booking. Only apprehension are size, parking and rear seat comfort. SA said he will arrange for a long test drive including ORR as this will surely see a lot of it. Almost 80cms longer than the Innova. Deliveries are expected to happen in the first week in Hyderabad.
The last time I was there (~ 3 weeks ago), I was told that infotainment system is a part of the standard accessory list but is charged above ex-showroom price. I am yet to receive any updates on the availability of the vehicle for a proper test drive. If they had followed promised timelines, by this time they must have had my money already. Now, I have doubts after this silence and delays from Isuzu. Please update with your test drive experience once done.
Old 28th June 2016, 22:34   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
The last time I was there (~ 3 weeks ago), I was told that infotainment system is a part of the standard accessory list but is charged above ex-showroom price. I am yet to receive any updates on the availability of the vehicle for a proper test drive. If they had followed promised timelines, by this time they must have had my money already. Now, I have doubts after this silence and delays from Isuzu. Please update with your test drive experience once done.
Opps My bad I meant standard accessory that will be charged extra. Sure I will update. Hope to have a detailed test drive
Old 29th June 2016, 22:10   #292
BHPian

Some photos being shared by a friend. The interior quality as well as fit and finish looks immaculate.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-dmx-int.jpg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-dmx-int-1.jpg  

84.monsoon is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 22:59   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Some photos being shared by a friend. The interior quality as well as fit and finish looks immaculate.

Please can you ask your friend if the ICE had to be purchased separately ? If so, how much ?
Old 29th June 2016, 23:03   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
can you ask your friend if the ICE had to be purchased separately ? If so, how much ?
It's definitely Extra , around 40 K though you can choose not to opt.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 12:12   #295
BHPian

I've taken two test drives, both 25kms+ both on and off road. I'm no expert but given the vehicle is a behemoth, it's fairly easy to drive. The view of the road and edges of the bonnet are clear. I'm 6' and 110 kilos, yet the seats do not feel restricted and are comfortable with adequate support. It was easy to find a good driving position. The rear seat comfortably accommodates three average built people or upto four children. Decently snug seats in the rear was the feedback I got from my rear passengers - three of them.

There is a spec sheet attached to an Isuzu brochure I was given. The stereo is an optional at 40k and the price includes car mats. I've decided to go with a Pioneer or Kenwood HU with navigation and rear camera support. Both systems are compatible with steering wheel controls on the dmax.
mani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 17:01   #296
BHPian

ISUZU service center at Hosur road have few vehicles for delivery if anybody want to check out.

I checked it again today and have mixed feeling. Just a little background. For last 4 years Safari is my daily drive. Have clocked around 72K so I end up comparing every vehicle with Safari and my views are highly biased.

My few observations below:

Steering feels good in hand. Not too thin not extra thick.
Loved the various cubby holes, one thing which I always missed in Safari. One thing I never understood why manufacturers provide piddly glass holders. Dmax's can only take cans of Red Bull.

Back seat feels cramped. Strictly 3 seater

Beige looks just out of place on this vehicle, even carpet is beige so that needs changing first.

16" Wheels look awfully small, needs at least 17

Plastic is not really upmarket, contrary to popular opinion I think Safari's plastic is better. That is what I think your mileage may wary.

Being spoiled by Safari, I just could not get comfortable driving position. If seat is lowered, it feels kind of awkward and if I raise it my head touches the ceiling but then i tie a turban so you may feel differnet.

One thing which current SUV owners may identify with me, I felt kind of claustrophobic maybe because its just 2 row of seats and vehicle feels small comparing with Safari (obviously) . A different kind of feeling. Sedan owners may feel different. I am really in 2 minds now, it is not as comfortable as Safari for the family. Should I be selfish and pick it up? After all it is me who spends most of the time in the car.

Bangalore dealerhip is yet to get a test vehicle so will take a decision after a proper test drive with family.

Got pricing sheet from the service center. Please checkout

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467286243.012255.jpg

PS: Can anybody please upload price sheet from Chandigarh?

-Ijeet

Last edited by ijeet : 30th June 2016 at 17:07.
ijeet is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 18:11   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Back seat feels cramped. Strictly 3 seater

One thing which current SUV owners may identify with me, I felt kind of claustrophobic maybe because its just 2 row of seats and vehicle feels small comparing with Safari (obviously) . A different kind of feeling. Sedan owners may feel different. I am really in 2 minds now, it is not as comfortable as Safari for the family. Should I be selfish and pick it up? After all it is me who spends most of the time in the car.
Isn't this rear seat space shortage to be expected since you're comparing a full size SUV with a pickup truck?

I think that unless you actually use the utility of the bed or love the pickup truck image a lot, the Safari, Scorpio or the XUV will always be a better alternative.
Old 30th June 2016, 18:12   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore dealerhip is yet to get a test vehicle so will take a decision after a proper test drive with family.
They already got the test drive vehicle last week. On Saturday, I did the test drive, but it was yet to be registered. So they allowed only a short test drive. I hope by now they would have got it registered.
Old 30th June 2016, 20:40   #299
BHPian

Took a short test drive today around 3 km. The car looks okay in white, more suitable for carrier than as personal vehicle. Black and Brown/Maroon colours look better.

First of the car was easy to drive. Just need to get used to the loading deck. We tried parking in our apartment cellar. Longest car we parked there was an accord and was not sure if this would fit without scrapping. It does fit so one worry of parking on the road is gone.

Car without deck is looking very plain jane.

Now the ride felt very Bumpy even at the driver seat. SA informed they filled in excess Air. I will do one more test drive tomorrow. If the ride remains that bumpy, I will have to drop my plans for this :(. Have a baby coming so cannot take that much of a risk
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 21:18   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ISUZU service center at Hosur road have few vehicles for delivery if anybody want to check out..
Got pricing sheet from the service center. Please checkout
PS: Can anybody please upload price sheet from Chandigarh?

-Ijeet

The yellow board Dmax in the list. Are they the single cab, double cabs?

Or is it just the single cab chassis, single cab flat deck and single cab flat deck A/C.
Closed Thread