Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2016, 09:06   #301
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 326
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Took a short test drive today around 3 km.

Now the ride felt very Bumpy even at the driver seat. SA informed they filled in excess Air. I will do one more test drive tomorrow. If the ride remains that bumpy, I will have to drop my plans for this :(. Have a baby coming so cannot take that much of a risk
I test drove a little bit back in May. It was a trail production car, I felt the ride to be very bumpy as well. Was told there was excess air filled in the tyres so it would be less bumpy otherwise. So now I worry that this is a standard pitch from the dealers to deflect criticism on the ride.

Wish there was an official review from team bhp to get an informed and unbiased assessment.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 11:09   #302
BHPian
 
indian21r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 725
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I test drove a little bit back in May. It was a trail production car, I felt the ride to be very bumpy as well. Was told there was excess air filled in the tyres so it would be less bumpy otherwise. So now I worry that this is a standard pitch from the dealers to deflect criticism on the ride.

Wish there was an official review from team bhp to get an informed and unbiased assessment.
I called for a second test drive today. SA informed he will remove the air and get it. Lets see how improved the ride is. I am skeptical though.
indian21r is offline  
Old 1st July 2016, 14:41   #303
BHPian
 
mohanaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Wish there was an official review from team bhp to get an informed and unbiased assessment.
Tejas@perioimpl mentioned in another thread, they are planning to do a test for a test for another company, report is expected on Monday.

ref: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...oss-4x4-3.html (Off-roading with the Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 4x4)
mohanaj is offline  
Old 1st July 2016, 15:10   #304
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 326
Thanked: 283 Times
Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Since Isuzu India would not give us any detailed specs, I was looking for them in some of the other country sites where DMax is sold. The UK site had an excellent brochure, with detailed specs included. Of course, they are getting a more powerful version of the engine, many luxury features like leather seats and extra safety features like TCS/ESP and 6 air bags, but the brochure provides some key specs that will most likely remain unchanged for India (below)

Fuel Tank Capacity = 69 Liters
Service Interval : 24 months or 12000 miles / 20,000 KM
Front Overhang = 905 mm
Rear Overhang = 1315 mm
Ground Clearance = 225 mm
Approach Angle = 30 degrees
Departure Angle = 22 Degrees
Water Wading Depth = 600 mm
Curb Weight = Approximately 1950 kg (based on variant)
Payload = Approx 1050 kg
Towing Capacity = 3000 kg (braked)
Turning Circle Diameter = 12.2 m

The service interval is astonishing, I think it is best in class among all available vehicles in India. I think it speaks volumes for the reliable and maintenance-free construction of the vehicle, so much so that this vehicle seems to need less of even routine-maintenance, compared to almost any other car.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf isuzu_d-max_brochure UK.pdf (2.10 MB, 126 views)

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 1st July 2016 at 15:13.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 16:40   #305
BHPian
 
mohanaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
the brochure provides some key specs that will most likely remain unchanged for India (below)

Fuel Tank Capacity = 69 Liters
Service Interval : 24 months or 12000 miles / 20,000 KM
Front Overhang = 905 mm
Rear Overhang = 1315 mm
Ground Clearance = 225 mm
Approach Angle = 30 degrees
Departure Angle = 22 Degrees
Water Wading Depth = 600 mm
Curb Weight = Approximately 1950 kg (based on variant)
Payload = Approx 1050 kg
Towing Capacity = 3000 kg (braked)
Turning Circle Diameter = 12.2 m
I think Issuzu in UK gets 5 years warranty and here we get 3 years, payload here is advertised as 265KG (may be just only for private vehicle registration purpose). Regarding fuel tank capacity of v-cross, I was told by sales executive as 58L (not sure whether it is true or not). Also UK variants are more powerful engines.
mohanaj is offline  
Old 2nd July 2016, 06:02   #306
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 54
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Chandigarh:

Ex showroom 1239000+10000 handling+1% TCS 12390+ insurance 60000 +stereo 40000
Total amt.1361390
mani is offline  
Old 2nd July 2016, 11:09   #307
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 54
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Since Isuzu India would not give us any detailed specs, I was looking for them in some of the other country sites where DMax is sold. The UK site had an excellent brochure, with detailed specs included. Of course, they are getting a more powerful version of the engine, many luxury features like leather seats and extra safety features like TCS/ESP and 6 air bags, but the brochure provides some key specs that will most likely remain unchanged for India (below)

Fuel Tank Capacity = 69 Liters
Service Interval : 24 months or 12000 miles / 20,000 KM
Front Overhang = 905 mm
Rear Overhang = 1315 mm
Ground Clearance = 225 mm
Approach Angle = 30 degrees
Departure Angle = 22 Degrees
Water Wading Depth = 600 mm
Curb Weight = Approximately 1950 kg (based on variant)
Payload = Approx 1050 kg
Towing Capacity = 3000 kg (braked)
Turning Circle Diameter = 12.2 m

The service interval is astonishing, I think it is best in class among all available vehicles in India. I think it speaks volumes for the reliable and maintenance-free construction of the vehicle, so much so that this vehicle seems to need less of even routine-maintenance, compared to almost any other car.
I was handed an Isuzu India brochure booklet which has a spec sheet somewhere in it. Will try and upload it today.
mani is offline  
Old 2nd July 2016, 11:57   #308
BHPian
 
avinash_clt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eindhoven/KL11
Posts: 230
Thanked: 620 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Since Isuzu India would not give us any detailed specs, I was looking for them in some of the other country sites where DMax is sold. Liters
Service Interval : 24 months or 12000 miles / 20,000 KM

The service interval is astonishing, I think it is best in class among all available vehicles in India. I think it speaks volumes for the reliable and maintenance-free construction of the vehicle, so much so that this vehicle seems to need less of even routine-maintenance, compared to almost any other car.
Service intervals of 20/30k KMs per year are common with many cars in Europe these days. The temperature conditions, air quality levels and fuel quality helps a lot with this long interval. Highly unlikely that will be the case for the Indian car.
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 13:12   #309
Newbie
 
abhi.adrenaline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 24
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
Service intervals of 20/30k KMs per year are common with many cars in Europe these days. The temperature conditions, air quality levels and fuel quality helps a lot with this long interval. Highly unlikely that will be the case for the Indian car.
I had a small TD last month. As informed by Sales Executive of JMD ISUZU, Navi Mumbai;
1. Oil change interval is 20000 kms
2. Oil filter need change only after the warning light for it turn ON
3. Differential oil in first 10000 kms, second after further 20000 kms and then after every 40000 kms.
4. It comes with timing chain which need not be replaced for lifetime.
5. Basic warranty is 3years/ 1 lakh kms which also includes front suspension.

These longer intervals speak volumes about the quality and reliability of ISUZU engines.
abhi.adrenaline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 14:15   #310
BHPian
 
avinash_clt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eindhoven/KL11
Posts: 230
Thanked: 620 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.adrenaline View Post
I had a small TD last month. As informed by Sales Executive of JMD ISUZU, Navi Mumbai;
1. Oil change interval is 20000 kms
2. Oil filter need change only after the warning light for it turn ON
3. Differential oil in first 10000 kms, second after further 20000 kms and then after every 40000 kms.
4. It comes with timing chain which need not be replaced for lifetime.
5. Basic warranty is 3years/ 1 lakh kms which also includes front suspension.

These longer intervals speak volumes about the quality and reliability of ISUZU engines.
That would be a segment first and indeed welcome if its true. Japs normally have been sticking to shorter oil change intervals, so would be a first for Japanese brand in India.
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 00:36   #311
BHPian
 
indian21r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 725
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

I did a second test drive of around 10km covering good number of potholes and smooth roads. First things first:

What was good
  • It is very easy to handle. Feels like driving a hatchback. Just the length needs to be kept in mind. With nothing in the deck only top edge of the bootlid is visible.
  • Light Clutch with medium amount of travel
  • Braking is good. Did not test it much though
  • Accelerates quickly. Did not feel the need for too many gear changes
  • Taking U turns is Surprisingly easy (6.1 m). It will be similar to Honda Accord. Slightly more than Innova (5.4m)
  • Climate control is good and range is till 32 degree C. Cools/Heats up in a matter of few seconds
  • Reversing is easy and one will get used to it quickly
  • 20,000 km /24 months (need to confirm) service intervals
  • Rear backrest looks flimsy but the support is pretty good. Can't comment on the the long runs
  • Seat belt warning- light only. no buzzer /alarm
  • Rear will seat 3 adults very comfortably. Rear hump not that much protruded
  • Will need foot step for people to climb. Really high and people in Saris / lungis may literally fall over
  • Bootlid / Deck lid was heavy and easily supported 2 people (150kgs without any fuss). Love how heavy it feels
  • People will give way for it


What turned the tide against the car for me
  • Beige Color is going to soil the car within a few days. Maintaining it will be a pain considering its intended purpose
  • Need to slowdown at potholes/ bumps / speed breaker to avoid being thrown around. This in my books is not acceptable at for SUV kind of vehicle which is one of the reasons why I cancelled the booking
  • One thing that surprised me is that my back started pulling after the 20 min ride. I went through every pothole but still that raised a red flag. Maybe the movements had that effect
  • Rear passengers get thrown around in the pot holes. Lot better than the first test drive when the air pressure was very high
  • Engine Sound is prevalent at all RPM's. This is surprising as I did not here the same in the pre production vehicle
  • No rear wiper. But as the glass is vertical may not be a problem
  • Parking space will be an area to lookout for. Places where an Innova fits freely is a squeeze for this car. Length compounds the problems

SA Quoted mileage is 10kmpl in cities and 12kmpl on Highways

That is it folks. Since I have decided to drop the idea to purchase, I did not take it on the highway. But SA informed that the car is stable up to 180 kmph.

In fact car with 600mm deck, strong boot lid (will add another 300mm) and coil springs can do wonders for it as urban utility vehicle in India. Reduced length in the range of Innova will be just brilliant

Now the hunt for another 4wd or AWD upto 20 lakhs range. We just picked duster AMT, so everyone at home is suggesting another car. Got to see what car next

Last edited by indian21r : 3rd July 2016 at 00:37.
indian21r is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 22:31   #312
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 1,795
Thanked: 2,085 Times
Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Can anyone confirm the size of speakers in front & rear in this truck? I bought AVIC-8200NEX here in Canada & am looking to pick some speakers as well. If someone can suggest.

Meanwhile, Chandigarh dealer sent some photos of the one they painted little differently
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-screen-shot-20160706-10.59.13-am.png  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-screen-shot-20160706-11.00.09-am.png  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-screen-shot-20160706-11.00.17-am.png  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-screen-shot-20160706-11.00.27-am.png  

Turbanator is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 00:01   #313
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 54
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

I've received the same brochure, called the black accessory pack or something. With a recommendation for Yokohama geolandar ATs 275/70/R16.

I see you're opting an android auto system, pretty much what intend to do. Could you give me a ballpark figure of what it's costing you there just to make up my mind whether to get it here or ask a friend to get it

I'm also looking for a roller lid instead of a static bootlid. The latter in my opinion decimates the utility of the tub.I came across roller life manufactured by a Danish company called mountain top. Will check with the Chandigarh dealer if those can be made available.
mani is offline  
Old 7th July 2016, 01:28   #314
BHPian
 
Hondaism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 72
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Has anyone applied for a loan for the vehicle ? I'm having issues with HDFC as they've got it down as a commercial vehicle.

Recommendations and interest rates from other banks are requested.
Hondaism is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 01:47   #315
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 54
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

I've tried online, this model isn't listed. For Isuzu the two models listed with most banks are the MU-7 & the Dmax (not Vcross). However the dealer told me a couple of days ago that the Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh RTOs have passed the vehicle in the SUV category. Perhaps, it will take some time to percolate down to the bank finance level?

Will check with the Chandigarh Isuzu dealer if they can provide a copy of the document from the RTOs certifying the vehicle in the private SUV category.
mani is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross) S2!!! Commercial Vehicles 59 1st May 2016 13:07
Isuzu launches D-Max @ Rs. 5.99 lakhs parrys Commercial Vehicles 79 30th June 2014 00:10
Isuzu planning Rs 1000 crore plant in India. EDIT: Andhra Pradesh chosen for LCVs Ashley2 Commercial Vehicles 18 3rd April 2013 18:24
Bangalore - Manuguru (Andhra Pradesh) route info? benbsb29 Route / Travel Queries 5 11th August 2009 10:41
Andhra pradesh Getting Speed Limit 60kmph Vulken Auto The Indian Car Scene 24 2nd May 2005 12:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks