Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 3rd May 2016, 14:09   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaism View Post
Just got a disappointing call from the Isuzu Dealership in Ludhiana. The bare bones Vcross is priced at 12.6 Lakhs Ex-Showroom, the Side- Steps, Music System and Chrome Package is part of the Accessory Package, only other add on to the package is the DBox, which is the hydraulic and lockable lid for the rear bed, and cost for the package is a whopping Rs 2.1 Lakhs.

This means that with the complete accessory package and registration costs the Vcross would be around Rs 16.4 Lakhs, which is much higher than anticipated

I was expecting at least the music system and side steps to be part of the Rs 12.6 Lakh pricing.
16.4 lakhs on road is still brilliant value for money for a spacious and fairly plush 5 seater 4x4 pickup truck. That said 2.1 lakhs for the accessory package is a bit too steep given what you get for that. Simple solution would be to buy the barebones stock car and have everything installed aftermarket for less than a lakh
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:54   #77
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
I was expecting at least the music system and side steps to be part of the Rs 12.6 Lakh pricing.
It might be an intelligent move as road tax and insurance will be calculated on the ex showroom price. Having said that, Music system and side steps included in 12.6 L would have made it a mouthwatering deal.
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:50   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got a disappointing call from the Isuzu Dealership in Ludhiana. The bare bones Vcross is priced at 12.6 Lakhs Ex-Showroom, the Side- Steps, Music System and Chrome Package is part of the Accessory Package, only other add on to the package is the DBox, which is the hydraulic and lockable lid for the rear bed, and cost for the package is a whopping Rs 2.1 Lakhs.

This means that with the complete accessory package and registration costs the Vcross would be around Rs 16.4 Lakhs, which is much higher than anticipated

I am more than happy reading this, ask me why ? Except the Side Steps Maybe, rest of the things are utterly useless anyway. Chrome along with the accessory package and rear lid which Isuzu is supplying looks super ugly. Also I have not read anywhere that the Music system with the touch screen has a GPS in it, without which I think its a waste.

Also you get this roller type rear lid which looks way more subtle and makes way more sense than what Isuzu were giving. Look at the other advantage, you can have your own roll bar fixed behind based on the design you like.

IMO, this is a fantastic move by Isuzu.
humyum is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:56   #79
BHPian

The sales person at the Chennai dealer also mentioned this accessory pack. He made it seem like you have to compulsorily buy the car with this pack. I don't know if this is just a tactic by the sales guy or Isuzu is pushing this on them.
Can any of you guys verify with your dealer?
I personally don't like anything in the accessories pack, I would prefer to get my own stuff from the aftermarket.

Cheers
Old 3rd May 2016, 19:14   #80
BHPian

Good pricing, I was planning for pre-owned T-fort but with this entry used Fortuner does not make much sense. Only thing is how Family will react to a pick-up, because they are use to see pickups as commercial or farm vehicles only.

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 4th May 2016 at 07:11. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:38   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Good pricing, I was planning for pre-owned T-fort but with this entry used T-fort does not make much sense. Only thing is how Family will react to a pick-up, coz they are use to see pickups as commercial or farm vehicles only.
As long as your not someone who finds the need to cram seven people into one car on a normal basis, I think this would be a fine contender against a used Fortuner and your family ought to agree as well
Old 4th May 2016, 15:33   #82
BHPian

Overdrive reports the launch of the D-Max V-Cross today.

http://overdrive.in/news/isuzu-d-max...rs-12-49-lakh/

No updates yet on the official website in terms of specifications / features.
Old 5th May 2016, 10:15   #83
BHPian

As per today's Hindu newspaper, V-cross would be launched by the end of this month. As per the report, it will be launched with an automatic gearbox (suddenly I am dreaming )
Old 5th May 2016, 13:23   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
As per today's Hindu newspaper, V-cross would be launched by the end of this month. As per the report, it will be launched with an automatic gearbox (suddenly I am dreaming )
Hi Jino John, could you kindly scan and post the report of the V-Cross in the 5-May-16 edition of The Hindu since I scanned through it and couldn't locate it.
Old 5th May 2016, 16:35   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If this is true. I believe the value proposition for the V cross increases MULTIPLE FOLDS. Price, Looks, Engine, Reliability, Frills and Now an Automatic Version too. Lap up the monies that will flow your way now Isuzu, BUT IF THIS IS TRUE.
Old 5th May 2016, 16:39   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Hi Jino John, could you kindly scan and post the report of the V-Cross in the 5-May-16 edition of The Hindu since I scanned through it and couldn't locate it.
I am unable to scan. I just noticed that this news is present in the Metro Plus (supplement) page 3 of Trivandrum edition. May be this news is not present in your city's edition.
Old 5th May 2016, 16:49   #87
BHPian

The ISUZU DMAX VCross costs Rs. 15.19 On-Road at Chennai. The booking amount is Rs. 50K. The waiting time is 1 & half months with delivery by end June early July. Colours available are Black, White, Steel Grey & Brown. Cost of Accessories are unknown currently. Must fix accessories include Boot cover and side step. Test drive only possible in 1st week of June. AT will be available only early next year. So I guess I will wait until the AT is available since I have got so used to my Ford Ecosport 1.5P AT & dont think I want to changeover to a manual any time soon
royfernandez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 16:53   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am unable to scan. I just noticed that this news is present in the Metro Plus (supplement) page 3 of Trivandrum edition. May be this news is not present in your city's edition.
Me just read the said article and from the looks of it, it seems a typo error.
In the same para you could see the sentence "the SUV@#39:s will be...."

If such an error has not been proof-read, guess the writer may have missed the manual for the automatic.

It can be also true, since Isuzu already uses a 5 speed auto in the MU7.
Old 5th May 2016, 18:15   #89
BHPian

Got the pricing from the dealer in Bangalore. There is no mention of the mandatory accessory pack!

Ex showroom: 12,49,790
Insurance: 54,562
Additional zero depreciation: 6,118
Road Tax: 2,35,837
Handling charges: 9,000
OTR: 15,55,307

This is only introductory price offer and bookings closed now for the introductory pricing (300 nos) and regular pricing will be available by tomorrow.
patron is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 23:58   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Got the pricing from the dealer in Bangalore. There is no mention of the mandatory accessory pack!

Ex showroom: 12,49,790
Insurance: 54,562
Additional zero depreciation: 6,118
Road Tax: 2,35,837
Handling charges: 9,000
OTR: 15,55,307

This is only introductory price offer and bookings closed now for the introductory pricing (300 nos) and regular pricing will be available by tomorrow.
Where did you get the info on 300 nos. When I checked with the dealer in hyderabad, he did not mention anything of this sort. I was waiting to see the vehicle before booking. If true, 300 is too short a number for intro price
Closed Thread