Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2016, 22:29   #46
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,552
Thanked: 8,088 Times
Default re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

Team,

After 6 months of wait post booking the Skoda Superb 'Diesel' L&K i have cancelled my booking earlier this month as Skoda is still unsure about the delivery date, hence just did a video on this subject;


Last edited by karan561 : 17th August 2016 at 22:41.
karan561 is online now   (26) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 00:29   #47
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,078
Thanked: 2,272 Times
Default re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Team,

After 6 months of wait post booking the Skoda Superb 'Diesel' L&K i have cancelled my booking earlier this month as Skoda is still unsure about the delivery date, hence just did a video on this subject;
...
Very well made video clip. Funny and Sad.

Last edited by SDP : 18th August 2016 at 07:29. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 09:22   #48
BHPian
 
dean5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 650
Thanked: 740 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Team,

After 6 months of wait post booking the Skoda Superb 'Diesel' L&K i have cancelled my booking earlier this month as Skoda is still unsure about the delivery date, hence just did a video on this subject;

Hope Skoda makes good use of your return gift and avoids such blunders in future.

I can't understand out of 100, 60 don't like Skoda as it is and for the remaining 40 Skoda tries its best to make it detestable for them too.

But on a side note I did see a lot of new gen Superbs in my last trip to Shanghai in May '16. So there is a demand globally.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th August 2016 at 14:15. Reason: Video link removed
dean5545 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 13:54   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,177
Thanked: 267 Times
Default re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

If this was an emission issue, it would have affected deliveries globally. But that does not seem to be the case as the new gen Superbs are readily available worldwide.

What I have been told lately is that Skoda were waiting for the NGT issue to be resolved before starting deliveries of the diesel Superbs. Now that the NGT issue of banning new diesel cars has been scrapped by the Supreme Court, maybe we can expect to see a light at the end of the tunnel soon. I will be waiting till the end of this month for an update from Skoda, after which we will decide whether to wait or cancel our booking.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 13:59   #50
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,552
Thanked: 8,088 Times
Default re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Very well made video clip. Funny and Sad.
Thanks ACM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Hope Skoda makes good use of your return gift and avoids such blunders in future.

I can't understand out of 100, 60 don't like Skoda as it is and for the remaining 40 Skoda tries its best to make it detestable for them too.
I was really looking forward to own the Superb Diesel & Video Review this car after taking delivery, but sadly Skoda messed up things for me however i did make a Video though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
If this was an emission issue, it would have affected deliveries globally. But that does not seem to be the case as the new gen Superbs are readily available worldwide.
^ Exactly

Quote:
What I have been told lately is that Skoda were waiting for the NGT issue to be resolved before starting deliveries of the diesel Superbs. Now that the NGT issue of banning new diesel cars has been scrapped by the Supreme Court, maybe we can expect to see a light at the end of the tunnel soon. I will be waiting till the end of this month for an update from Skoda, after which we will decide whether to wait or cancel our booking.
Engine displacement of the Superb Diesel is 1968 cc (i.e. <2L) hence there was no way NGT ban affected this issue.

Last edited by karan561 : 18th August 2016 at 14:04.
karan561 is online now   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 16:05   #51
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 1,744 Times
Default re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Team,

After 6 months of wait post booking the Skoda Superb 'Diesel' L&K i have cancelled my booking earlier this month as Skoda is still unsure about the delivery date, hence just did a video on this subject;
Great Video, perhaps the best one you have made yet

Trust me, you dodged a bullet ! It's a sign from above not to ever buy this crap brand. My Superb has been at the dealership for over 2 months now! Its done only 50k kms over the past 7 years. They slapped me with a bill amounting to nearly 50% of the cars value today for failure of chronically defected parts such as gearbox(replaced for the third time) and ECU, none of which can be spoilt due to any fault of mine as they are mainly electronic units.

Skoda has definitely lost me as a customer for LIFE and I hope you don't make the same mistake as I did by being blinded by their VFM product because the company's after sales support and it's internal part quality is rubbish.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th August 2016 at 18:12. Reason: Removing video from quoted post.
Sahil is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 17:21   #52
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 818
Thanked: 1,647 Times
Default re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

It's sad that you had to face this disappointment and yet I think you've put it across very nicely. It's probably better not to book cars in advance in cases where there is no local manufacture involved - helps minimise disappointment.

In this case too, it's probably better to pick one up after deliveries have started. Having been bitten by the Skoda bug, you may not be able to avoid buying one. Hope you get a car one way or the other soon.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 19:12   #53
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,552
Thanked: 8,088 Times
Default re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Great Video, perhaps the best one you have made yet
Thank you Sahil for the appreciation

Quote:
Trust me, you dodged a bullet ! It's a sign from above not to ever buy this crap brand. My Superb has been at the dealership for over 2 months now! Its done only 50k kms over the past 7 years. They slapped me with a bill amounting to nearly 50% of the cars value today for failure of chronically defected parts such as gearbox(replaced for the third time) and ECU, none of which can be spoilt due to any fault of mine as they are mainly electronic units.
Oh, really sorry to hear about that. Worse is thinking about resale which any smart well informed prospective customer would avoid buying your car. IMO Skoda should buy back your car instead of letting another customer suffer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
It's sad that you had to face this disappointment and yet I think you've put it across very nicely. It's probably better not to book cars in advance in cases where there is no local manufacture involved - helps minimise disappointment.

In this case too, it's probably better to pick one up after deliveries have started. Having been bitten by the Skoda bug, you may not be able to avoid buying one. Hope you get a car one way or the other soon.
Thanks Veyron,

I was really looking forward to owning the Superb Diesel but Skoda India messed up my plans. Anyway i don't have any grudges against the company, lets hope they have better planning for their future line up & would like to wish them All the very best
karan561 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 19:38   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,715
Thanked: 1,431 Times
Default re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

What a great video Karan, that pretty much sums up the disappointment Skoda India dishes out every time they launch a new car and the usual excuse they have is that kits are not available.

As Sahil pointed out, it's gods signal to you to avoid the Superb. There is no other car in this segment which i can recommend as well, there is the reliable hybrid Camry but it is for those who are not keen drivers. If this Superb was planned for family use and driven by a driver, do check out the Camry too.

I have vowed not to buy a vag product ever, they are too stingy with warranty policies/claims, you have to contact the MD/President for every single issue and their cars have too many major mechanical failures compared to any other brand selling cars here. Wish the policies in India were like China, they gave an option to VW to give a 10 year warranty on DSG or get out of their country, this is the treatment they deserve.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 21:43   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 1,878
Thanked: 2,240 Times
Default re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

Quote:
It's a sign from above not to ever buy this crap brand
Quote:
I was really looking forward to owning the Superb Diesel but Skoda India messed up my plans
I will agree with Sahil, you are lucky. Don't know your requirements but if you are looking something for rear seat comfort, Camry should also suffice. If you are ok with pre-owned, you can get low mileage 730 for around 35-40 lac in good condition.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 14:18   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,177
Thanked: 267 Times
Default re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Engine displacement of the Superb Diesel is 1968 cc (i.e. <2L) hence there was no way NGT ban affected this issue.
You could be right here but there must be more to it than meets the eye in terms of this NGT issue.

As a matter of fact I spoke to the Skoda guys today and have been informed that the diesel Superbs have already been manufactured and awaiting delivery at the Aurangabad factory. What they are actually waiting for is the ARAI certificate which was expected this month but will not be happening. They have been given another deadline for deliveries as September 2016 but even that is not sure.

Another concern which crossed my mind was that; Skoda says that cars have already been manufactured and ready for delivery. Now, let's say deliveries hopefully begin in September or October 2016, wouldn't a buyer (like me) who has booked his car in March 2016 lose on resale value of minimum 06 months if the car is delivered / registered in September or October 2016?
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 14:59   #57
BHPian
 
avdhesh15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 486
Thanked: 499 Times
Default re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Another concern which crossed my mind was that; Skoda says that cars have already been manufactured and ready for delivery. Now, let's say deliveries hopefully begin in September or October 2016, wouldn't a buyer (like me) who has booked his car in March 2016 lose on resale value of minimum 06 months if the car is delivered / registered in September or October 2016?
Yes - would depend on what they stamp as the manufacturing date.

My cousin has also booked the car and unlike Karan, is holding on to the booking as this is going to be an extra car in the house. He is one of the few people who is happy with Skoda (has a 5 year old Laura and a 3 year old Superb with no issues!).

We had the same discussion, but more than the resale value, we were concerned about the car lying unused for 6 months. The decision we took is to postpone our delivery (whenever it starts) by another couple of months - mostly to Jan/Feb assuming deliveries start in Sep/Oct.

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 19th August 2016 at 15:01.
avdhesh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 19:50   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 45
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August (or perhaps, September)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Great Video, perhaps the best one you have made yet

Trust me, you dodged a bullet ! It's a sign from above not to ever buy this crap brand. My Superb has been at the dealership for over 2 months now! Its done only 50k kms over the past 7 years. They slapped me with a bill amounting to nearly 50% of the cars value today for failure of chronically defected parts such as gearbox(replaced for the third time) and ECU, none of which can be spoilt due to any fault of mine as they are mainly electronic units.

Skoda has definitely lost me as a customer for LIFE and I hope you don't make the same mistake as I did by being blinded by their VFM product because the company's after sales support and it's internal part quality is rubbish.

Great point Sahil. We too faced multiple issues with our Superb TSI AT - 2 gearbox failures, replacement of sunroof, several visits to the workshop for unscheduled niggles. To Skoda's credit... many of these were addressed free of cost, but our confidence in the car has reduced a lot. Also there was the inconvenience of too much unscheduled downtime.

Our experience with the Camry and C-class has been much better. So clearly technology need not come at the cost of reliability. Skoda has not indianized their products, and less said about the dealers the better.

We have vowed never to buy a Skoda again.

PS: great video Karan! Keep em coming, really like your passion.

Last edited by Carmageddon : 19th August 2016 at 19:52.
Carmageddon is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 20:16   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 428
Thanked: 178 Times
Default

A lonely sole perhaps! I'm very happy with Skoda and the experience thusfar. My yeti is running strong for 4 years now with minimum ownership cost. Its sad to see that skoda is unable to capitalise Indian market. Perhaps, they are too busy catering to European market.
harishpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 20:53   #60
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 42
Thanked: 23 Times
Default re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
A lonely sole perhaps! I'm very happy with Skoda and the experience thusfar.
Same here , My laura would be completing 9 years this year end and I have driven it approx. 1.9 Lac Kms (yes guys, you read it right 1 lac 90 thousand KMs) without any major failure . Only thing that used to fail every year or two was the A/c compressor, rest the car served me beautifully for all these 9 years . Unfortunately, due to my chauffer's mistake ,the car is standing in the workshop(non authorized) for last 4 odd months due to the non availability of the parts in the outside market .

I would say ,my Laura was one of the best and trouble free European cars I had owned till date .
ddndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing a Superb - BMW GT, Mercedes C220 or 3rd-gen Skoda Superb? Epic Luxury, Imports & Niche 52 24th December 2016 22:41
Skoda unveils updated Superb and Superb Combi in Europe Abhinav667 The International Automotive Scene 59 15th January 2014 21:17
Hybrid vehicles for public transportation: Trials to begin in August 2013 volkman10 Commercial Vehicles 2 11th July 2013 20:21
Finally finally finally finally... s4ch Introduce yourself 3 29th March 2012 19:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks