Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 8th May 2017, 19:29   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Why is Maruti doing away with 'Black' colour? EDIT: Other manufacturers too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
IIRC, the 2nd gen Swift and the Dzire had black color as an option when launched in 2011 and 2012 respectively, but the black color was done away with in both the models once they received facelifts in 2015.
Sorry Sashi, I would like to disagree because Maruti had a Black version of the 2015/16 facelift Dzire. Am confident on this because, my dad booked a Midnight/Cave Black (not 100% sure of the Black variant) initially, then he was updated by the sales person about the new Dzire and he upgraded to the New Dzire Azhure Grey (Dark Grey)

Last edited by PetroTurbo : 8th May 2017 at 19:32. Reason: Grammar
PetroTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 20:07   #62
BHPian

Default Re: Why is Maruti doing away with 'Black' colour? EDIT: Other manufacturers too

Black is a pain to maintain. But after all the efforts, the shine is worth all the efforts.

Thats my Optra from 2010 when it was 3 years and 40,000km old.
Attached Thumbnails
Why is Maruti doing away with 'Black' colour? EDIT: Other manufacturers too-nach-waxen-linke-seite.jpg  

benzinblut is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 22:15   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post
Sorry Sashi, I would like to disagree because Maruti had a Black version of the 2015/16 facelift Dzire. Am confident on this because, my dad booked a Midnight/Cave Black (not 100% sure of the Black variant) initially, (Dark Grey)
Thanks for correcting me, I had forgotten about the Cave black of the facelift. Having said that, Cave black wasn't pure black, it has a hint of grey in it, unlike the Midnight black(of the pre facelift 2nd gen Dzire), which was pure metallic black color.

Quote:
then he was updated by the sales person about the new Dzire and he upgraded to the New Dzire Azhure Grey
Congrats on booking the upcoming Dzire. The Grey is called Metallic Magma Grey, and can be seen in this post (Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire).

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote