Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 4th September 2016, 00:17   #106
BHPian

Default re: 2016 Toyota Etios Facelift. Now launched at 6.43 lakh

http://www.indialivetoday.com/new-to...ber/26164.html Some more news on the updated etios. Plastics inside etios always reminds me of those used in cheap toy cars available under 100 bucks in those baby shops.
highwaypatrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 11:45   #107
BHPian

The front does look good without that chrome. I wish the lower variants also get bigger wheels as that is -in my opinion- the biggest turn off for a very practical car.

I like that anticipation when I book a cab on uber and get a reply that its an Etios

Say the car looks bad as much as you want, but no other sedan gives such a bang for your buck, both in terms of safety and space !
Old 6th September 2016, 16:06   #108
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Etios 1.5L Petrol : An Owner's Point of View

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
A new face lift Etios launch is on the cards on 13th September. Please wait till then.
Is this the New Etios that you are talking about ? :
2016 Toyota Etios Facelift. Now launched at 6.43 lakh-etios-new.jpg

Is this the New Face Lifted Etios that India is going to get ?

I guess so ! The CarBlogIndia Website confirms the same :
http://www.carblogindia.com/new-toyo...os-2016-price/

IMHO the front bumper on this New Facelifted ETIOS is a mix of the Old & the New Bumper on the Honda Brio What is Toyota thinking and doing with the ETIOS ?
Though the changes in the Instrument Cluster is very welcoming.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 17:24   #109
BHPian

@Mods: The summary info given in the "news" column about the interior's of this face lift is not entirely accurate.

If the pics are anything to go by, then the instrument cluster has definitely undergone a change (for the better IMO). Also the steering wheel seems to have a leather wrap unlike the current moulded one (gaadiwaadi also quotes the same).
Old 6th September 2016, 17:24   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Etios is normally hardly ever considered by private buyers because of the taxi image and the slightly bare bones aspect.
Saying that, it is most comfortable car and quite powerful indeed in both Diesel and Petrol avatars.
You are bang on.

This car suffers a lot from the cab image & Toyota missed the opportunity this time yet again. They could have provided the new facelift version with the digital speedometer console for the private buyers and the current generation Etios for the cab segment! Just like what Maruti did to the old Dzire naming it the Dzire Tour and the new one for the private buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Is this the New Etios that you are talking about ? :
Attachment 1551290
Yes am talking about this Etios.

Sadly i cant understand why Toyota skipped out on giving the digital speedometer console to the Indian version. Etios is most thrashed because of its centrally placed bland looking speedometer console. When Toyota had the digital speedometer console ready they should have given it to India too. Its a bad omission from their part.

Instead of the jazzy looking digital console, Indian buyers will get this-

Last edited by Samba : 6th September 2016 at 17:39.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 11:16   #111
Senior - BHPian

Some more pics of the Etios Refresh!
2016 Toyota Etios Facelift. Now launched at 6.43 lakh-toyotaetiosfaceliftindia1.jpg
2016 Toyota Etios Facelift. Now launched at 6.43 lakh-toyotaetiosfacelift.jpg

New Fabric, arm rest are some of the changes to the interiors.
2016 Toyota Etios Facelift. Now launched at 6.43 lakh-toyotaetiosfaceliftindiaseatsrear.jpg
The facelifted versions will have the same units but they have been improved for further convenience with semi digital combi-meter display.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th September 2016 at 11:19.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 08:00   #112
Senior - BHPian

Etios re-fresh ready for launch . Car at select dealerships!

Pics- The Automotive India,
2016 Toyota Etios Facelift. Now launched at 6.43 lakh-toyotaetiosplatinum03.jpg
2016 Toyota Etios Facelift. Now launched at 6.43 lakh-toyotaetiosplatinum06.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 08:27   #113
BHPian

That's Millenium Toyota Mira Road Showroom.
I had seen the car last week when I took my Innova for servicing. There was nothing too different so didn't bother clicking a picture.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 13:38   #114
Senior - BHPian

Some more of pics the face-lift from ACI,
Name:  a.jpg
Views: 1601
Size:  32.5 KB
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1517
Size:  27.3 KB
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1517
Size:  47.6 KB
Name:  4.jpg
Views: 1502
Size:  21.0 KB

Quote:
The big news is that the 2016 Etios has incorporated safety enhancements as well, including ABS being made standard across variants. Additionally, there are ISOFIX mounting points for child safety seats and side-impact reinforcements. All these reinforcements have led to a weight gain of about 20k
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th September 2016 at 13:41.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 15:12   #115
Senior - BHPian

When I went for the first service, the SA told me that the facelifted Etios would have different suspension tuning as per the people who have driven it.

Now reports on the internet say that in addition to the different suspension tuning, the clutch on the diesel will also be changed for the better.

Though I am not regretting waiting for two more weeks for the facelifted Etios, the new rear seat's armrest with adjustable headrests makes me go

Though highly unlikely, just hoping that they would change the suspension and clutch of the older Etios models during service under warranty, like how they did for the initial Etios suspension.

Edit: Side reinforcements, electric folding mirrors and door lock/unlock buttons.

Mahn, others can be retrofitted, but not side impact reinforcements....

Last edited by DicKy : 12th September 2016 at 15:17.
Old 12th September 2016, 17:24   #116
Senior - BHPian

Does the Liva get ISOFIX mounts too? Or its just the Etios? This is probably the first C segmeter to debut it. Honda just made them standard across City earlier this year. Apart from these, I guess only the Ecosport and higher variants of Creta have them among the C segmenters.

An automatic variant would've boosted some sales, I doubt digital speedometer is going to bring in some buyers though.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 17:58   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

Instead of the jazzy looking digital console, Indian buyers will get this-

I'm glad that this is at-least visually better than this

Name:  toyotaliva05.jpg
Views: 1299
Size:  65.4 KB

ABS is being made standard and the inclusion of isofix mounts is a welcome move

Etios has a better NCAP rating and its structural engineering is better though it doesn't weight much. This along with Toyota's bullet proof reliability makes this a good proposition.

Toyota should have used this opportunity to get the console to its conventional position, given ACC and decked up the interiors a bit. The exterior now looks good.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 12th September 2016 at 18:01.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 13:29   #118
Senior - BHPian

2016 Toyota Platinum Etios, Etios Liva launched.

Prices for the Totota Etios facelift start at Rs 6.43 lakh; updated Etios Liva hatchback priced from Rs 5.24 lakh. ( ex showroom -Mumbai)

2016 Toyota Etios Facelift. Now launched at 6.43 lakh-csn6zgkviaabkro.jpg

Quote:
Under the skin, the automaker has added more welds to the chassis to stiffen it, tweaked the suspension, added new engine mountings and improved cabin insulation to make the car more comfortable. The existing line-up of engines, which include a 90hp 1.5-litre petrol motor and a 68hp 1.4-litre diesel unit, carry forward unchanged.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th September 2016 at 13:34.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 14:32   #119
PCS
BHPian

Saw the car at dealership and compar d to my uncles car below are changes. New grille ,new chrome element for grille, new front bumper , new fog lamp surround chrome, new rear bumper, new rear chrome garnish on boot. Etios embossed on boot. New silver color. New speedo meter. New interior color. New design rear seats with 3 headrests and 3 point seatbelt at rear. New seat fabric. Power fold outer mirror. Bench fold rear seats, chrome lining in speedometer, audio button colour change, abs standard, isofix child seats anchor, hydraulic engine mount, strengthen body and bumper as per above link . New finish armrest in wood. Live has new alloy design and rear bumper for live is dual tone finish.
PCS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 15:10   #120
Senior - BHPian

First off - it is great to see Toyota getting aggressive on safety on their new models, with ISOFIX, proper seat belts for rear passengers, etc.
As an owner of the pre-FL Etios, I am also happy to note the addition of the rear arm rest, better insulation, power ORVMS, etc. Ideally would have loved it if they had added speed sensitive auto door locks.

Sadly the biggest grouse - the bland design (outside and inside) and poor perceived quality hasn't changed - and unless it does, sales for the new vehicle will still be stagnant.

However, for the minority that appreciate the value of this car - spacious interiors, quality build (in terms of rattles, reliability, etc.), well tuned suspension, etc. - this car is now much better value for money!

I still feel that Toyota should have looked at spending a little more on the interiors, instead of focussing on areas such as the suspension - which anyways is well tuned for indian conditions.
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread