Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th May 2016, 23:32   #76
BHPian

Default Re: April 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
I would also like to add that the old Figo had its own set of USP's namely, solid build, great dynamics and VFM pricing. The new Figo lacks such USP's.
Completely nailed it. The current generation Ford cars, barring the new Endeavor doesn't have the sturdiness of Ford-The car company known for its build quality and safety. Add to it the failed and miserable advertisement and marketing campaign of its all new launches. The lacklustre responses at Ford dealerships have all added to the misery of this master brand.
With new players going all guns blazing with their car launches, it's time Ford pulls up its socks and get more customers onboard. The new "Ford Service Promise" TVC is a step in the right direction.
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 23:42   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I own a Maruti Ritz Vdi and IMHO it is a nice reliable car but nothing beyond that. I really don't understand the Maruti mania in India.

No doubt, the Maruti Garages are a bit crowded, a fact which is envy of many car makers. the buyers before buying a car make real hard analysis to decide the car to be bought. If so many individuals decide to buy cars of a particular brand, there has to be some solid reasons for that - reliability and affordability being few of them.

Hyundai is one brand which has really shaken the monopoly of Maruti, but again it is attributed to real good cars backed by dependable service stations.

Duster, Innova and some other cars have also made a mark in the market but it could be possible on account of their solid track record.
I believe in near future some other car makers will also find better acceptance for their good cars.

Recently Kwid have also ignored the imposing presence of Maruti or Hyundai with its great market appeal. In such a tough market it is simply 'survival of the fittest'

Last edited by ampere : 15th May 2016 at 23:47. Reason: Edited quoted content
Old 16th May 2016, 00:54   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhitk View Post
No doubt, the Maruti Garages are a bit crowded, a fact which is envy of many car makers. the buyers before buying a car make real hard analysis to decide the car to be bought. If so many individuals decide to buy cars of a particular brand, there has to be some solid reasons for that - reliability and affordability being few of them.'
Most of the car buyers for Maruthi are first time car buyers I guess(And to be honest m not sure if this guess is properly accurate and its just my gut feeling). And when a first time car buyer or some with someone who thinks only with the head forgoes looking for a new car,he must be thinking of the following
1.Low costs
2.Fuel Efficiency
3.Service
4.Reliability
5.Resale value.

And Maruthi fits the bill perfectly .Not to forget that they've been been their since the late 1980s and have consolidated their position ever since. Now in the 1980's they were mighty reliable and efficient compared to the Fiats and ambassadors of that time and that how this image came into being.
The cars of today are all similarly reliable if you ask me, the Hondas,the new Ford's, the Hyundai's ,the Nissan's are all reliable. But where Maruthi beats them is the service and resale value.

Now as our market matures ,there's gonna be a large customer base who looks at the finer stuff in the car like
1.build quality
2.interior quality
3.Safety
4.Drive quality
5.Power
6.Features etc etc.

And that's when other manufacturers like VW,Hyundai,Ford,Fiat,Renault,Skodaetc come to the picture.
The reason why Hyundai is doing great here is because they seem to have the best of both the essentials that one is looking for in India.

Well,this is my supposed analysis or whatever my thought on this topic is. Pardon me if it doesn't make any sence .
VRPAI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 16:43   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRPAI View Post
Most of the car buyers for Maruthi are first time car buyers I guess(And to be honest m not sure if this guess is properly accurate and its just my gut feeling). ......
......And that's when other manufacturers like VW,Hyundai,Ford,Fiat,Renault,Skodaetc come to the picture.
The reason why Hyundai is doing great here is because they seem to have the best of both the essentials that one is looking for in India.

Well,this is my supposed analysis or whatever my thought on this topic is. Pardon me if it doesn't make any sence .
Good assessment of the strengths of Maruti.

Surely Hyundai has come out as a well deserved no. 2 to Maruti. We have read enough about the princely behaviour of the Fiat dealers which killed even a good car like Palio. Hyundai has surged ahead on the strength of fit and finish of their cars along with excellent after sales service. competitive pricing has also been important factors for Hyundai cars.

Fiat could sell only 486 cars as compared to 117045 cars sold by Maruti and 42351 cars sold by Hyundai. its time for Fiat policy makers to decide if they are only happy with selling their engines to the Maruti or do they have any vision to go ahead with some brilliant cars of their own.
Old 23rd May 2016, 10:16   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Goldman ups Maruti target, bets on these 2 models to drive growth- baleno and Vitara Brezza.

Quote:
Goldman Sachs says Maruti has strategically lowered production of Swift and DZire in favor of Baleno, thereby reducing the discount pressure on the Swift twins. Also, Goldman is guiding for steep Brezza ramp up given it is produced in the relatively less busy Gurgaon plant

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/sto...h_6718821.html
Closed Thread