Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 2nd August 2016, 11:20   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Ford rolls out a 200-crore brand transformation campaign

I guess this differs from showroom to showroom. I have two Fords and always had great experience at Caculo Ford Goa. Where they fall short is diagnosing problems and telling me all is OK with my car when that isn't the case.

Recently I went to Maruti showroom in my town with my FIL and we had to run around to find SA and then decline the unwanted addons he wanted to push down our throats in guise of service. This never happened at Ford.
akshay380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2016, 09:55   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parambyte View Post

The Mustang hardly had a boot. It's supposed to be a GT (Grand Tourer) for long trips, but no boot to speak of. What little boot is there, is completely occupied by a full size spare tyre. I feel the best place to drive this car is Mumbai Bangalore kind of highway, but without being able to carry your little luggage :(
The window glass seems to be plastic, correct me if I am wrong.

Then I checked the Endeavour. The car is nice, but I couldn't get a proper demo, neither could they open the boot, because the car had run out of battery! Made me wonder what's happens when one buys the car?

Boot space - Mustang GT India has a boot space of about 380 liters. Most higher end sports cars are so. None or a very small boot, enough for golf sticks and couple of carry on bags. Check out the Corvette.

Plastic glass- I think Mustangs had been coming with plastic glasses for few decades now. Especially the convertibles. Not sure the reason. But I think the glass replacement is available in the after market.

Dead battery. Yes this is a pain I have experienced as well. Even in a Honda dealership. It would be great if they can connect the battery terminals directly to a 220v to 24v dc adaptor or something for the display vehicles.
Czarcarsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2016, 11:06   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

For long, Ford cars have been perceived to have a relatively higher "cost of ownership" than their in-segment competition.

Ford India is now gearing up to bust this myth by keeping greater transparency with it's customers, as it has identified this as the single biggest aspect for it's growth strategy.

Rahul Gautam, Ford India vice-president (market, sales & service):

Quote:
"There is a perception that Ford cars are costly to maintain. That is not true. But it doesn't help simply saying so. We have to take steps that inspire confidence among customers and the way to do so is be completely transparent on costs.

In our service price promise, we urge customers to go to the website and look up the cost of service including labour. Customers can compare the price with what the competition offers and see for themselves that Ford is fairly competitive and even less expensive than many known brands.

When a vehicle comes for service to a Ford outlet, the customer will be clearly appraised of all the jobs and the likely cost. If there is any subsequent change, the customer will be immediately intimated. A person can also book a service and get a free pickup and drop. If a car has to be kept overnight, there is provision to loan a car

For consumer convenience, we have decided to make genuine Ford parts available in retail channels across the country instead of restricting them to Ford service outlets. We have the entire country covered by independent parts distributors. Customer can go to any retailer and buy the part and get the car serviced at a local garage if he feels comfortable doing so."
In 2015, Ford India sold 36,405 cars in the domestic market between January and July. This year, the company has sold 48,944 cars so far.

ET
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 15:34   #49
BHPian

Ford has done lot of good work with the 200 cr. but I guess they still can't afford to update their website.

Ford rolls out a 200-crore brand transformation campaign-screenshot-92.png

samaspire is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 14:33   #50
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Live:

Have come to Satyam Ford service centre at Thane.

Car has Check Engine light on in the display.

I have opted for the 2+2 Extended warranty. Car is less than 3 yrs old.

They are yet to check cause but are insisting that I should pay the scanning charges irrespective of the fault. I have refused.

Also there is no loaner car either.

So this 200 crs advt. Campaign seems to be all show and talk. On ground?
Back to the service centre for the same issue in less than 5000 kms - Check Engine light.

In addition made 4 more trips in the same 5000 kms (48000-54000kms) These were to carry out
1) regular service,
2) to have rear suspension spring mounting rubber pads replaced,
3) to have front shock absorbers,
4) Suspension mount and Shock absorber bearings replaced, to have rear wheel arch and under bonnet carpet matting replaced.

So a total of 7 visits in last 5000 odd kms and 3 of these for the same unresolved issue.

Wonder if they have a loaner car available if I end up needing it today?

Brand Transformation anyone?

This just when I am contemplating swapping to an Endy 3.2 4x4 AT Titanium even post an effective Rs. 2L price rise i.e. inspite of multiple issues related to Headlights etc. already having been posted.

Heck may be 5 year old preowned German Lux badges would be as reliable or unreliable.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 15:17   #51
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the car quite fast.

But no cause was found so it may happen again.

Free Wifi board in customer lounge was not backed by someone to give out a password. Other customers too cribbed.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st August 2016 at 17:57. Reason: Typos
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 23:46   #52
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Back to the service centre for the same issue in less than 5000 kms - Check Engine light.

In addition made 4 more trips in the same 5000 kms (48000-54000kms) These were to carry out
1) regular service,
2) to have rear suspension spring mounting rubber pads replaced,
3) to have front shock absorbers,
4) Suspension mount and Shock absorber bearings replaced, to have rear wheel arch and under bonnet carpet matting replaced.

So a total of 7 visits in last 5000 odd kms and 3 of these for the same unresolved issue.

Wonder if they have a loaner car available if I end up needing it today?

Brand Transformation anyone?

This just when I am contemplating swapping to an Endy 3.2 4x4 AT Titanium even post an effective Rs. 2L price rise i.e. inspite of multiple issues related to Headlights etc. already having been posted.

Heck may be 5 year old preowned German Lux badges would be as reliable or unreliable.
Make that 8 visits in 6000 kms and 4 times for the same fault.

Am visiting again tomorrow for the same check engine fault. Will report the experience.
ACM is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 06:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Am visiting again tomorrow for the same check engine fault. Will report the experience.
This makes for very bad reading. As an Ecosport owner I am really concerned and disappointed.
Come on Ford India - already you have a reputation for being expensive to maintain (unjust I feel today), your market share in India is small and shakey - and you are cheesing off your loyal customers.
I guess they would do well to drill down the need for commitment and competence to the smallest service centre - rather than all those big initiatives with a lot of fanfare.
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 07:08   #54
BHPian

I went to buy an Aspire - their test drive vehicle had multiple issues including AC not working (in peak 42 degrees summer) and weird noises. The suspension also seemed to be requiring work.

Went to Hyundai and bought the i20 instead - no regrets!

Ford needs to setup rules and methods for dealers to follow with audits as the test drive vehicle is the first impression of the brand.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 08:59   #55
BHPian

What Ford need to do first and foremost is price their vehicles reasonably. There is no justification for pricing a Mustang (which starts from $24900 in the US), 65L. That is just ridiculous pricing.

And their after sales isn't that great either (even here in Australia). We had a Ford Escape a few years ago, had endless problems with it (very similar issues with what many have described here - such as the check engine light coming on, several errors with the ABS and airbags etc.). Even after repeated visits to the dealership, these issues were not resolved. Finally sold it back to the dealer after complaining to consumer affairs (they threatened the dealer with legal action).
Jeeper1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 14:21   #56
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Turned out the CEL was due to some Vacuum solinoid pipe coming loose.

They finally diagnosed this in my fourth visit
ACM is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 17:34   #57
BHPian

My experience with Ford service and products for the last 12 years has mostly been a positive one. My service center visits and much better than Maruti if I may say so. They have been able to diagnose and fix and not break anything compared to Maruti who broke my tweeter mount and muddied my front seats. yea so they follow up later but who has the time to keep going to a stupidly crowded service center to fix somethig that should not have been broken in the first place.
Not to mention that I spend almost 3 times more money to service and run my Maruti compared to my Ford and I hardly derieve any driving pleasure from my more powerful DDIS Maruti.
Maruti seriously is over rated and Ford has only improved over the years. I am really surprised that a pocket rocket like the new Figo is not selling nearly enough compared to lets say, equivalent Maruti and Hyundai products. I have never experienced Hyundai service but reading all ownership reports it does not seem way better than Ford. The infamous earlier generation i20 rattling and AC issues come to my mind immediately. Now my cars are 5.5-4.5 years old respectively so other than a Crysta, which i am saving up for, the new Figo with a custom ToT remap after a year or two is my path to the future without a doubt.
SPARKled is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 17:55   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
other than a Crysta, which i am saving up for, the new Figo with a custom ToT remap after a year or two is my path to the future without a doubt.
Save up for Endeavour.
itsashishsharma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2016, 10:53   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Save up for Endeavour.
No not really, I don't really need a butch off-roader along with its associated maintenance and running costs for about 1% off roading that I may ever do in my life. I am looking for a tough, comfy, low maintenance, reliable, powerful people mover for long distance cruising.
SPARKled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 22:17   #60
Senior - BHPian

Not exactly sure if it is related to the campaign but I heard an infomercial on the radio in Pune: Ford has some service camp going on for all cars manufactured between 2006 and 2010.

This would cover free engine oil top-up/replacement (not exactly sure) and free car wash. It also has brake check and two more things (couldn't pay attention as I was in heavy traffic).

I'm particularly surprised by the vintage description: why those two years? Silent recall/replacement?
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote