Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:15   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
dZired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,731
Thanked: 7,491 Times
Default Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

Volkswagen India has launched Special Edition models of the Polo hatchback and Vento sedan. Named Polo Select and Vento Celeste, the new Volkswagen special editions will be available in limited numbers at Volkswagen dealerships across India.

Changes on the outside of both these limited editions include a black roof foil, black body side moulding, and carbon finish on the ORVMs. The Polo Select gets a subtle trunk garnish on the boot lid, while the Vento Celeste has been given a trunk spoiler.

On the inside, both Vento Celeste and Polo Select special editions get scratch resistant dashboards that are detailed by a carbon fibre finish on the centre console. The Vento Celeste is equipped with a touchscreen infotainment system from Blaupunkt, which also supports navigation and Bluetooth connectivity. The Polo Select has been given VW-branded scuff plates on all four doors and seat covers.

The special editions can be opted only in the Highline manual trim of the Polo, and the Highline manual and DSG automatic trims of the Vento.

Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched-88901231-polo-select.jpg

Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched-vento-celeste.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 3rd June 2016 at 12:17.
dZired is online now   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:22   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,738
Thanked: 2,862 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

Here's the article:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/volkswagen...eleste-1414967

Quote:
Although the company did not mention the prices of these special edition models, Volkswagen India claims the customers can avail of these new features by upgrading to the Polo Select and Vento Celeste at an attractive cost. Prices will vary from state to state but we believe it will be around 50,000 to 60,000 over the asking price of the Highline variant of each model.
There's a list of features that the Polo Select and Vento Celeste will each get and a quick glance will assure you that you can get those probably at half price at 3M (black roof foil, carbon fibre wrap for OVRM etc). So, VW is dishing out BS at an additional cost! Yay!

The only saving grace is that Vento Celeste gets Blaupunkt radio/nav.
libranof1987 is online now   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:24   #3
BHPian
 
Viju's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Narita
Posts: 866
Thanked: 1,633 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

For sure Volkswagen must have brought in these special editions to bridge the extremely long gap they have between half-yearly model changes.

Last edited by Viju : 3rd June 2016 at 12:30.
Viju is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:25   #4
BHPian
 
maddyguage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: valsad
Posts: 145
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

wow looks great. Do you have more pictures of interior? I wish if there is a way to get that trunk spoiler for Vento you have mentioned. I guess there will be significant price hike for both models.

P.S - I called VW sales person and he said this is not the first time they are giving these kit. He's still confused why they launched it with blaupunkt HU as vento is having new RCD-330G HU. It will take around a week to reach the kit in their showroom. I'll update here once I get to see one.

CHEERS

Last edited by maddyguage : 3rd June 2016 at 12:38.
maddyguage is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 13:12   #5
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,262
Thanked: 8,052 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

Bit of an eyewash by VW. They launched the exact same thing in October last year- that time they called it Polo Exquisite and Vento Highline Plus (Related thread)

I guess they were not able to sell and they have(or the dealers have) kits lying around. So a new special edition. One marked difference is that last time, these kits were not available in the DSG variants. I had tried to get the Magnetic shades from this kit but the dealers had said they cannot sell it separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
wow looks great.
P.S - I called VW sales person and he said this is not the first time they are giving these kit. He's still confused why they launched it with blaupunkt HU as vento is having new RCD-330G HU. It will take around a week to reach the kit in their showroom. I'll update here once I get to see one.
The Blaupunkt 835 is far superior to the RCD 330G (Apart from the Mirrorlink function which is anyway mostly useless). I had seen this kit fitted on a display car the last time they launched it. It does look good. No doubt.
Rajeevraj is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 14:18   #6
BHPian
 
Baddychat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Noida
Posts: 306
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Here's the article:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/volkswagen...eleste-1414967



There's a list of features that the Polo Select and Vento Celeste will each get and a quick glance will assure you that you can get those probably at half price at 3M (black roof foil, carbon fibre wrap for OVRM etc). So, VW is dishing out BS at an additional cost! Yay!

The only saving grace is that Vento Celeste gets Blaupunkt radio/nav.
So true. VW are doing a stock clearance of their H/L variants of the Polo and Vento and making a healthy profit on these accessories. I think the color options would be limited. And the suggested 50-60 k differential on the Polo is way too much.
I hope the Blaupunkt satnav system turns out to be good.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:03   #7
BHPian
 
deevee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 81
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
So true. VW are doing a stock clearance of their H/L variants of the Polo and Vento and making a healthy profit on these accessories. I think the color options would be limited. And the suggested 50-60 k differential on the Polo is way too much.
I hope the Blaupunkt satnav system turns out to be good.
Maybe a naive question why would they be doing stock clearance? Is it because of ameo or a new refreshed vento/polo in the coming?

thanks.
deevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:11   #8
BHPian
 
maddyguage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: valsad
Posts: 145
Thanked: 177 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Bit of an eyewash by VW. They launched the exact same thing in October last year- that time they called it Polo Exquisite and Vento Highline Plus (Related thread)



I guess they were not able to sell and they have(or the dealers have) kits lying around. So a new special edition. One marked difference is that last time, these kits were not available in the DSG variants. I had tried to get the Magnetic shades from this kit but the dealers had said they cannot sell it separately.







The Blaupunkt 835 is far superior to the RCD 330G (Apart from the Mirrorlink function which is anyway mostly useless). I had seen this kit fitted on a display car the last time they launched it. It does look good. No doubt.

Yes even I feel it will look good. I've said that based on user experience of many BHPians. I've read about sluggish UI and it's been a while since it's in the market so may be it won't be faster than RCD-330G (that's what I feel).

I haven't used 835 so I can't comment on that but I have used 330 and it's impressive. Touchscreen is better compared to RCD 510. Even UI is far better.

Though the size of the screen is small but display do the justice with vivid colors. Even video playback is good (useless for non-mirrorlink users though).

Overall it seems nice package if it's under 50K mark, because only HU will cost you around 40K AFAIK. I've seen that magnetic sun blind and they quoted whooping 4K for that. So I feel it's a good package. It will cost you a bomb if purchased as loose.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:14   #9
BHPian
 
vishy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 371
Thanked: 961 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
Maybe a naive question why would they be doing stock clearance? Is it because of ameo or a new refreshed vento/polo in the coming?

thanks.
Yup,I think Volkswagen is gearing up to launch the 2016 facelifts now.The one with the LED headlamps and reverse parking camera added as features reportedly.The Polo won't get these headlamps for sure,but it will be interesting to see whether any features are added.
It will be interesting to see whether the Ameo will get these later in it's life.I don't think so because it is based on a Polo after all and the Vento is the one which is the benefactor of the facelift.

Last edited by vishy76 : 3rd June 2016 at 16:30.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:51   #10
BHPian
 
maddyguage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: valsad
Posts: 145
Thanked: 177 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Yup,I think Volkswagen is gearing up to launch the 2016 facelifts now.The one with the LED headlamps and reverse parking camera added as features reportedly.The Polo won't get these headlamps for sure,but it will be interesting to see whether any features are added.
It will be interesting to see whether the Ameo will get these later in it's life.I don't think so because it is based on a Polo after all and the Vento is the one which is the benefactor of the facelift.

I wish they launch facelift with LED headlamps. Any guess when it will be launched? Most probably not before Ameo. I'm sure it will dig deeper in pockets but I will definitely add those headlamps if sold separately, if not there's always a workaround for that. BHPians will find any possible way to install them anyhow in near future.

CHEERS
maddyguage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:59   #11
BHPian
 
PrasannaDhana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Trichy
Posts: 776
Thanked: 2,475 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

When we wish Maruti do a Volkswagen with build quality, Volkswagen does a Maruti, by launching special editions.

Though I like the way the Polo and Vento look, why cant they atleast do a remap bumping Vento's rating to 125bhp and Polo's to 110bhp(or at least 105bhp like the GTs)?

A remap, wider tyres, projector lamps, sun roof along with those wraps would have been wonderful.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 3rd June 2016 at 17:02.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 19:25   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,997 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
When we wish Maruti do a Volkswagen with build quality, Volkswagen does a Maruti, by launching special editions.
Exactly what i thought.

Quote:
Though I like the way the Polo and Vento look, why cant they atleast do a remap bumping Vento's rating to 125bhp and Polo's to 110bhp(or at least 105bhp like the GTs)?
Bumping the power to 125 + Bhp on the vento can be very close to the 138 Bhp on the jetta, They have to keep a bit of gap in between their car's from different segments, But i feel once a while, Maybe a special edition Polo GT with a remap and Projectors or a Bodykit would be great.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 19:51   #13
BHPian
 
vishy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 371
Thanked: 961 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
I wish they launch facelift with LED headlamps. Any guess when it will be launched? Most probably not before Ameo. I'm sure it will dig deeper in pockets but I will definitely add those headlamps if sold separately, if not there's always a workaround for that. BHPians will find any possible way to install them anyhow in near future.

CHEERS
The facelift will be launched only after the Ameo to clear existing stocks.Can someone please confirm if any of the dealers are offering discounts on the highline Polos and Ventos?The top ends will be the only ones which will get these features IMO.
There should be a way of retrofitting these on the polo as well as the vento.The cables are directly hooked up to the BCM in some way(please excuse my language,I do not know the exact technical terms) and the LEDs need a specific amount of current to prevent them from burning out unlike halogens.You surely don't want to end up bricking an expensive set of LEDs do you?
Maybe some expert(gannu sir) can shed light on this.
cheers,
Vishy76
vishy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 20:12   #14
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,262
Thanked: 8,052 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Yes even I feel it will look good. I've said that based on user experience of many BHPians. I've read about sluggish UI and it's been a while since it's in the market so may be it won't be faster than RCD-330G (that's what I feel).

I haven't used 835 so I can't comment on that but I have used 330 and it's impressive. Touchscreen is better compared to RCD 510. Even UI is far better.
My 'superior' comment was more towards the features the Blaupunkt 835 provides vs the RCD330G-Namely Navigation support, Video Playback, more options to play with, better audio support and in my case- Visual display of Park Assist Sensor data (2013 Vento/Polo). I have the Blaupunkt 835 and have used the RCD330G quite a bit in a friends Polo. As you have mentioned, the touch screen response is better and the colors and resolution seems richer. In fact in my review of the RCD330G (Link), this was one of the Pro's I called out. Of course, if MirrorLink works, it provides additional benefits.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 20:59   #15
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 717
Thanked: 726 Times
Default

:facepalm: why would VW do something like this? They should be more discerning to understand their target buyer. This is just a cheap trick inspired by their market study group. Hopefully this will speed up the launch of their updated version.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched Rajeevraj The Indian Car Scene 41 4th November 2015 09:37
Dacia Black Line Limited Editions Bumblebee86 The International Automotive Scene 0 11th January 2010 14:07
Special 'Carbon Black' Editions of AM's V12 Vantage and DBS! suhaas307 The International Automotive Scene 8 19th December 2009 17:17
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Centenaire Editions - first images AyAn! The International Automotive Scene 26 2nd May 2009 00:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks