Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 22nd June 2016, 20:29   #16
Default Re: Rumor: Chevrolet To Discontinue Enjoy and Sail Twins

I won't be surprised if they decide to pull the trigger on these cars, considering their super low monthly sales.

I think that Chevrolet will see a new cycle for the next 5 years resembling that of the past 5 years. The 'new' Beat and the Essentia might garner some sales like the old Beat, Spark and the Sail Twins. But a few months down the line, these cars will be forgotten. The Trailblazer, be it the present one or the facelifted one, does not stand a chance against competition like the Fortuner and the Endeavour. It will be a sales dud like the Captiva.

The new Cruze is the only upcoming Chevy which might see decent numbers. But with a declining D-segment for sedans and monthly sales of about 1000 units, the prospective of the Cruze being a success won't make GM too happy.

I wish GM best of luck for the 5th vehicle.

Last edited by AYP : 22nd June 2016 at 20:53.
AYP is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2016, 14:39   #17

Originally Posted by AYP View Post

I wish GM best of luck for the 5th vehicle.
Just FYI, the 5th vehicle is the Beat Active. This is how you beat a brand into the ground (pun intended).

I don't think GM will be able to make a comeback and while the Cruze was an aspirational product, the lack of brand value has succeeded in killing used car prices. I know because my best friend is still trying to flog his 2014 Cruze AT and hasn't found a taker in the last 3 months.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote