Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 6th July 2016, 23:52   #31

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I'm sure it's a cabbies' favorite, but the Tavera is a horrendous car to travel in. Not only are none of the stock passenger seats adjustable, the ergonomics and seat quality are so bad I'd rather sit - and probably be more comfortable - on a concrete bench. The ride quality is incredibly unsettled as-is, but our rowdy racer cabbies take it to an entirely different level of discomfort. It's so bad I've started refusing to go to work on days a Tavera shows up at my doorstep to pick me up.

I partly disagree with you sir. My family owns a 2009 Tavera and it's still going strong at 85k on the odo and I dare say it's as comfortable as a innova but not as planted though. It can cruise all day at 90-110. I myself have driven it to Bangalore(650kms) & Tamil nadu (700+kms)We have a 7 seater version with captain seats and they are supremely comfortable. But I agree with you that cabbies do drive carelessly and make the ride unsettling. But I dare say your opinion is based on poorly driven and maintained taveras. Coming back to topic Tavera is a old school designed car running on leaf springs and needs to be overhauled completely. Revamped and refreshed Tavera wouldn't make sense now.
Vikvkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 08:15   #32
Default Re: Updated Chevrolet Tavera in the works, will get BSIV engine

Wow, looking at BS-IV engine now in 2016 when BS-VI will be standard in four years time, and competitors moved to BS-IV more than five years back? Why didn't GM think of BS-IV engine when all other manufacturers moved to it? The talk of using Sonalika's engine was around 2010 timeframe and they still haven't done it!

Wonder whether those in charge are really interested in promoting Chevy's business in India.
sanchari is offline   Reply With Quote