Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2016, 17:53   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 89
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
May be this is why they aren't doing much to change the current perception. And they will start fresh investments once they have the new models lined up??? God only knows...

It sometimes feels like this company has tied itself up in knots in this country with its decisions and actions in the past. They have some terrific cars and I hope we get to drive them in the future.

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2016, 19:47   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 63
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

True...

It also doesn't help if you don't have a showroom in the number two city of India, Mumbai.
bhaskar.guru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 15:39   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Good update, would anyone know or can find out through your friends in Fiat ASC if Fiat can share the tunning / hardware update to existing Punto 90 customers as well? Fiat usually takes care of existing customers through various kits he certainly asking.

BTW, Sidindica which tunning piggyback or remap do you use?

Cheers
Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 20:34   #19
BHPian
 
Waspune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 256
Thanked: 231 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatin View Post

It doesn't help that the closest alternative is Chevrolet's; the UV-A was a fine option, the Sail too is now, may not handle like a Fiat, but equally comfortable & solid - they too seem to like digging themselves into holes.
U-VA isnt even half as solid as the Evo bro, its China made Chevy that doesnt have the build quality of American/European Chevy. Also, its steering is the worst.

It scores well on drivability and interior space though. The Chevy-Fiat made 1.3 MJD is very well tuned with almost zero turbo lag.
Waspune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 20:50   #20
BHPian
 
Waspune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 256
Thanked: 231 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post


The engine does have a retuned ECU, and in the stock car, the turbo spools at 2200 rpm to its fullest, but what Fiat has improved, is the throttle response. They have used a similar tuning as in the avventura.
The VGT had horrendous lag in city (even the 2014-16 sport trim, now discontinued, had it), which has been rectified to a large extent. Fiat had kept on tweaking the gearing of the 90HP punto and its this time that from their standards of using a primitive gearbox, they got the tuning decent. Its now more driveable in city and though the gears 1 and 2 remain short, the torque delivery is more linear.
I drive Punto Evo 90 HP Sport (2015 March) and the new tuning of VGT that you are talking about is already a part of the Evo 90 Hp, Linea 90 HP and Avvy 90 HP. It was released by Fiat around Spetember 2015 for all new 90 HPs (facelifted Linea and Punto 90 HP and Avvy). This update was given by Fiat to arrest the jerk issue while accelerating on 2nd and 3rd gears (around 1700-1800 RPMs), but later all the owners including me felt that it also made our cars more drivable in the initial RPMs.

Avvy has been tuned differently from the start that feels more alive at lower RPMs but this comes at the cost of the mid range punch that the Punto 90 HP delivers.
Waspune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2016, 07:12   #21
BHPian
 
EPMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 268 Times
Default

After a long wait to put my hands on the 90hp, this is really a bad news for me. I was drooling about the 16 inch alloys and full black interiors in 90 hp. Discontinued message is really not a happy message, can't they offer these in the dynamic variant atleast.
EPMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2016, 13:37   #22
BHPian
 
Waspune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 256
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPMV View Post
After a long wait to put my hands on the 90hp, this is really a bad news for me. I was drooling about the 16 inch alloys and full black interiors in 90 hp. Discontinued message is really not a happy message, can't they offer these in the dynamic variant atleast.
You might still get an old stock 90 HP as the turnover of vehicles is quite slow with Fiats. Contact FASS.
Waspune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 15:38   #23
BHPian
 
EPMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 268 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
You might still get an old stock 90 HP as the turnover of vehicles is quite slow with Fiats. Contact FASS.
Yes, you are right. But the issue is my plan to close the deal is around december to January. I'm not sure about the old stock at that time. Bad luck..! :banghead:
EPMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 17:55   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 105
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

I am in a bit of similar predicament - I am copying my post from another thread here for your advice:

I was looking to buy a hatch back and visited Fiat for a test drive.
I drove the Punto Evo Emotion 90hp. As we know the Punto Evo sport (90hp) is now discontinued.
I was thinking aloud why they did not take forward 16" rims and all-black interiors to the new 90hp versions, and the Fiat Sales guy said there are still couple of old (Feb 2016) Sport versions left in the stock, in case I care to have a look. The prices are almost the same, with some difference in features as below :

Punto Evo Emotion 90hp ( Punto Evo Sport 90hp)
15" rims ( 16"rims)
touch screen with MMI nav (No touch screen, no nav)
No spoiler (smallish spoiler)
Dual tone interiors (All black)
Diamond Cut Alloys (smoother cut alloys)

He said everything else is same. But I feel there is a difference in the ECU mapping slightly (is it?). The Sport is cheaper by a few thousands but since these are leftovers, there is no choice in colors.

Would appreciate any advice in overcoming this dilemma. Thanks.

Last edited by SKavuri : 28th July 2016 at 17:58.
SKavuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 19:43   #25
BHPian
 
vivekgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 641
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
I am in a bit of similar predicament - I am copying my post from another thread here for your advice:

I was looking to buy a hatch back and visited Fiat for a test drive.
I drove the Punto Evo Emotion 90hp. As we know the Punto Evo sport (90hp) is now discontinued.
I was thinking aloud why they did not take forward 16" rims and all-black interiors to the new 90hp versions, and the Fiat Sales guy said there are still couple of old (Feb 2016) Sport versions left in the stock, in case I care to have a look. The prices are almost the same, with some difference in features as below :

Punto Evo Emotion 90hp ( Punto Evo Sport 90hp)
15" rims ( 16"rims)
touch screen with MMI nav (No touch screen, no nav)
No spoiler (smallish spoiler)
Dual tone interiors (All black)
Diamond Cut Alloys (smoother cut alloys)

He said everything else is same. But I feel there is a difference in the ECU mapping slightly (is it?). The Sport is cheaper by a few thousands but since these are leftovers, there is no choice in colors.

Would appreciate any advice in overcoming this dilemma. Thanks.
There was a difference in the ECU mapping since the 2015 models to improve driveability at city speeds. Still, the newer models are likely to have different mapping as the power rating is slightly different.

As for the looks, the 16 inch wheels of the earlier 90hp were not as enticing for me as the ones on the 75 ps model. I feel this is a personal preference. Technically, Ride quality should be better on the 15 inchers due to slightly higher profile rubber, but no one has complained of bad ride on any Punto ever.

Personally, I'd go for the older model and negotiate for a heavy discount. After all, I have to compromise on color choice and certain features, so there should be discounts! If the pricing was similar, I'd go for the newer model any day.
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 10:31   #26
BHPian
 
aditya.bhardwaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 194
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
There was a difference in the ECU mapping since the 2015 models to improve driveability at city speeds. Still, the newer models are likely to have different mapping as the power rating is slightly different.

As for the looks, the 16 inch wheels of the earlier 90hp were not as enticing for me as the ones on the 75 ps model. I feel this is a personal preference. Technically, Ride quality should be better on the 15 inchers due to slightly higher profile rubber, but no one has complained of bad ride on any Punto ever.

Personally, I'd go for the older model and negotiate for a heavy discount. After all, I have to compromise on color choice and certain features, so there should be discounts! If the pricing was similar, I'd go for the newer model any day.
We have both the 75hp Emotion and 90hp sports punto evo's. The ride quality is a tad firmer on the 90hp because of its 16 inch wheels. The 15 inchers are perfect for our kinds of roads. Do go for the new punto as you are getting the brilliant engine and also all the bells and whistles.
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 10:39   #27
BHPian
 
vivekgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 641
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Do go for the new punto as you are getting the brilliant engine and also all the bells and whistles.
I wish I could go for the new punto. But there is no service centre in our city, and the nearest one is 70kms away. There are heavy discounts even on the latest models, but I can't take the gamble of no service.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 12:07   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 137
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I wish I could go for the new punto. But there is no service centre in our city, and the nearest one is 70kms away. There are heavy discounts even on the latest models, but I can't take the gamble of no service.
It's the same for me. However having owned a Palio for more than 14 years now, my heart still yearns for a Fiat. It also helps that I know a Fiat trained mechanic who has worked a long time on Fiats and is my go to guy for my Palio even though he lives 300kms away.
I however, would only be interested in either the Abarth or the new Linea 125 if going for another Fiat now.
rdst_1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2016, 11:18   #29
BHPian
 
Waspune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 256
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

I drive Evo 90 HP sports and can confirm that the 16 inch wheels feel a little stiff but only till you are at about 20 km/hr, after which it irons out everything the road has to offer with ride quality that is even better than Jetta and many other expensive cars.
Also those 16 inches help during handling and give you full confidence. The black interior exude sportiness and are much easier to maintain. No wonder this variant was called Punto Sports.
Waspune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2016, 12:29   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 105
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Finally I (red t shirt) got my Punto Evo Emotion 90hp yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-p_20160812_171248.jpg  

SKavuri is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Linea 125 S with 123 BHP launched tjacob The Indian Car Scene 120 3rd October 2016 12:14
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
25 Lakh INR cars sold at 3lakh INR !!! speedsatya The Indian Car Scene 3 22nd June 2010 21:58
Class Starts Early; Indigo CS launched; starts at 3.79lac jkdas The Indian Car Scene 208 28th May 2008 18:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:27.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks