Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2016, 18:46   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
Finally I (red t shirt) got my Punto Evo Emotion 90hp yesterday.
Congrats SKavuri on your new ride, happy miles ahead.
Is it the updated powertech engine?, if yes how different is it from the old one. I mean the initial lag the old one had.

Please do post more pics and info

Last edited by junky : 18th August 2016 at 18:47.
junky is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 21:07   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 100
Thanked: 94 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by junky View Post
Congrats SKavuri on your new ride, happy miles ahead.
Is it the updated powertech engine?, if yes how different is it from the old one. I mean the initial lag the old one had.

Please do post more pics and info
Thanks, Junky!

It is indeed the Powertech. I had a very brief test run of the old Punto Sport 90hp and it did feel like the lag has been reduced.

Physically, it is the same as the old Punto sport, except Touch screen entertainment system, and 15" rims instead of 16". The rest are all cosmetic (black and beige instead of all black, diamond cut allots instead of plaininsh alloys, etc).

I will post a couple of pics this weekend along with my first week experience!
SKavuri is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 10:26   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 243
Thanked: 204 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
Finally I (red t shirt) got my Punto Evo Emotion 90hp yesterday.
Congratulations sir. Is it from Butta Auto or AV Motors?

Is fiat offering any discount on the earlier Evo 90hp version? If I remember correctly the 74hp Emotion variant was being cleared out with discounts of about Rs. 80k.

Thanks & drive safe.
jetsetgo08 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 11:12   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 100
Thanked: 94 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Congratulations sir. Is it from Butta Auto or AV Motors?

Is fiat offering any discount on the earlier Evo 90hp version? If I remember correctly the 74hp Emotion variant was being cleared out with discounts of about Rs. 80k.

Thanks & drive safe.
Thanks, jetsetgo08!

It is from AV Motors, Minister Road.

They are offering the earlier Punto Evo Sport 90hp versions with discounts and lower than the current model of Punto Evo Emotion 90hp. They do not seem to have any stock of 74hp version.

I do not about the status at Butta Motors as I did not talk to them.
SKavuri is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 07:58   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 100
Thanked: 94 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Some pictures of Punto Evo Emotion 90hp in Magnesium Grey:
The first one is on Tankbund Road, Hyderabad, today morning.
The next two are the goodies presented by AV Motors.
The next four are the touch screen system screens
The Flip key along with the Team-BHP key chains and stickers
The last two are taken at dealer at delivery
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-punto3.jpg  

Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-punto5.jpg  

Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-punto4.jpg  

Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-punto8.jpg  

Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-punto9.jpg  

Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-punto10.jpg  

Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-punto11.jpg  

Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-punto12.jpg  

Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-punto1.jpg  

Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-punto2.jpg  

SKavuri is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 10:04   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 101
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Many people say that Punto and Linea are now quite old models and should be replaced, but both cars still look just as good as they did on launch. Still the best looking cars for me amongst the offerings.
They should just start providing more features, something buyers of today deem necessary since they already have good engine options and great driving dynamics. Just needs a refresh on the features list.
rdst_1 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 12:54   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 243
Thanked: 204 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
The next two are the goodies presented by AV Motors.
The Ganesh idol does look exclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
The Flip key along with the Team-BHP key chains and stickers
So many stickers, looks like you were waiting for a great car to put them on.
We are awaiting an ownership thread.

Off-topic: Every time I see a linea/punto/avventura I search for a Team-Bhp sticker on it, and I invariably succeed atleast 5 out of 10 times.
jetsetgo08 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 13:15   #38
BHPian
 
manas_270's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 54
Thanked: 61 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
Some pictures of Punto Evo Emotion 90hp in Magnesium Grey
Congrats on your new ride. Wish you a Happy mile crunching on it

Hope to run across your ride someday.
manas_270 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 16:53   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 100
Thanked: 94 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Many people say that Punto and Linea are now quite old models and should be replaced, but both cars still look just as good as they did on launch. Still the best looking cars for me amongst the offerings.
They should just start providing more features, something buyers of today deem necessary since they already have good engine options and great driving dynamics. Just needs a refresh on the features list.
It is a handsome car and there are no two ways about it!
It has decent set of features. Yes it does not have a push-button to start the car, voice command system, etc. For me these were not essential, and to be honest I am not tech savvy and would have been insecure with such features.
I wanted a safe, comfortable car that is good to drive, looks good, has a good ac and music player. Punto Evo meets my expectations almost fully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
So many stickers, looks like you were waiting for a great car to put them on.
We are awaiting an ownership thread.
Team-BHP is generous! I ordered a set of stickers and I got this whole bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas_270 View Post
Congrats on your new ride. Wish you a Happy mile crunching on it

Hope to run across your ride someday.
Thanks and we will meet for sure someday. Now that I have my car, I will try to join and Hyderabad meets and events.

Last edited by SKavuri : 21st August 2016 at 17:06.
SKavuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 20:15   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 45
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
Thanks and we will meet for sure someday. Now that I have my car, I will try to join and Hyderabad meets and events.
There's a meet on Sep 11 for both Hyd and BLR people with a drive to Kurnool.

Would love to see you there with your new ride!

Cheers,
Bhaskara
bhaskar.guru is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 20:32   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 101
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
It is a handsome car and there are no two ways about it!
It has decent set of features. Yes it does not have a push-button to start the car, voice command system, etc. For me these were not essential, and to be honest I am not tech savvy and would have been insecure with such features.
I wanted a safe, comfortable car that is good to drive, looks good, has a good ac and music player. Punto Evo meets my expectations almost fully.
I feel the same way as well. The request for more features was for the general public as that might push the sales numbers and make it a better competitor.
I personally still can't find a comparable car to beat my Palio as I am yet to find a car which provides the same inside space in this segment.
rdst_1 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2016, 13:50   #42
BHPian
 
sinharishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 304
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Visited kashyap Fiat (New Delhi) yesterday to test drive the new 93ps Punto Evo.

To summarise my visit :

- I was very excited to TD the Punto Evo for the first time and drove 26 kms to the only Fiat showroom in New Delhi (As per their website). They had about 20+ new cars parked outside the showroom which comprised of Punto Evos and Avventuras.

- I went to the reception and I was assigned a sales representative. He gave me the price list and explained me the cost breakup of the OTR prices in New Delhi and UP. I asked him if their are any exchange offers? He wrote down all the details of my 7 year old wagon R on the paper and gave me mouth watering price of 1,50,000/- for my car without seeing the car which was parked right outside the showroom.

- I requested for the TD and was declined straightaway as their only TD car was out and was expected back in 1-1.5 hours. I requested for TD of Avventura diesel as Punto Evo has the same engine. 15 mins later he told me that the only Avventura diesel is in being attended by fiat technicians.

- I was given the brochure only upon asking. He just gave it to me and disappeared. He did not bother explaining the features, he did not bother showing me the display car

- He saw me checking the display car and he just stood there talking on the phone. I took his visiting card and left the showroom disappointed. Told him I will visit again on Saturday.

Yes, after all this, I will still be visiting Kashyap Fiat again on Saturday to TD the Punto Evo

The OTR for Punto Evo in New Delhi, UP and Haryana :

Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-img_3530.jpg

Last edited by sinharishi : 6th September 2016 at 13:55.
sinharishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2016, 14:11   #43
BHPian
 
theredliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 434
Thanked: 712 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post

The OTR for Punto Evo in New Delhi, UP and Haryana :
Damn, that's expensive! What are the discounts on Evo Emotion?

For an underdog with decade old models, FIAT does charge a premium.
Just realized that Figo Titanium TDCI is ~30k cheaper than Evo Active Multijet
I guess the premium pricing is to facilitate big discounts.

Last edited by theredliner : 6th September 2016 at 14:14.
theredliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2016, 14:32   #44
BHPian
 
sinharishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 304
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Damn, that's expensive! What are the discounts on Evo Emotion?
The sales representative told me there are no discounts, however I saw a banner outside their showroom which mentioned 65,000/- benefits on Punto Evo.

Last edited by sinharishi : 6th September 2016 at 14:49.
sinharishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2016, 17:16   #45
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,329
Thanked: 5,844 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
...Yes, after all this, I will still be visiting Kashyap Fiat again on Saturday to TD the Punto Evo...
Seems you are smitten! I don't think that sales guy deserves any commission on a sale which he didn't earn! Find another one from the showroom and if that guy is better, give him that sale please!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Linea 125 S with 123 BHP launched tjacob The Indian Car Scene 120 3rd October 2016 12:14
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
25 Lakh INR cars sold at 3lakh INR !!! speedsatya The Indian Car Scene 3 22nd June 2010 21:58
Class Starts Early; Indigo CS launched; starts at 3.79lac jkdas The Indian Car Scene 208 28th May 2008 18:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:40.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks