Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 6th October 2006, 17:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms
and the power of over a hundred korean horses refined to perfection .It really is that refined.If you want more power,the CRDI can be yours for 8.5 L (approx).Now that engine can eat up petrol engines for breakfast,lunch and dinner!
Not too sure I really agree with that. My experience with Korean engines is that they are somewhat crude, have an annoying tone and never live up to their specs. Life is also very poor as compared to the japs. I actually liked the fiesta 1.4 engine. Very sweet.

Diesel seems to be another matter, but that is not for me.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2006, 18:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey,

Its just a BULL**** from dealer. Just call ford india and telll them that dealer is saying this.

Last edited by abhibh : 6th October 2006 at 18:17.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2006, 18:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
Hey,

Its just a BULL**** from dealer. Just call ford india and telll them that dealer is saying this.
The 30K extra is for the sports model they are supposedly releasing in bangalore today. I should have taken a couple of pics yesterday. but never thought i would be bringing it up here. anyway, next time. 30k stuff is true i guess. but that should be optional. why the hell i go for it if i dont want it. I still dont think they have faced out the silver and black colors on the regular model.

got the contact number of Ford India? I dont find it anywhere. it would be great.
talkingpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2006, 22:38   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you speak to the same person on Caurvery Ford both the times ??

Or was it 2 different people ??

My dad knows someone at Cauvery Ford. I can try to find out if this info is true or not...
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2006, 23:55   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Fiesta DURASPORT

The car you have mentioned is a new version called DURASPORT.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2106465.cms
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2006, 09:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008
Did you speak to the same person on Caurvery Ford both the times ??

Or was it 2 different people ??

My dad knows someone at Cauvery Ford. I can try to find out if this info is true or not...
Nikhil, thanks for that. i was talking to only one guy throughout. In any case I have now given up on ZXI plans and decided to go for SXI instead since Alloy wheels seem to be a plus in the long run for the new age cars. Still, would love to find out. I saw the ad in today's paper of the new sports edition. But they have clearly said that its gona be just 500 of them. So there is no way that they are going to face out the silver and black color on the regular cars.
Old 7th October 2006, 09:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
The car you have mentioned is a new version called DURASPORT.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2106465.cms
Thanks. I did see the Ad this morning in Times as well. The new version has no difference in Power. Its just the looks that has been modified with stickers all around. Its a boy's toy. And I certainly am no more a boy to go after it.
Old 7th October 2006, 12:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta sports available in black and silver, they say around 500 cars prepared with sports look for limited time selling.

Black looks good in sports stickers with alloys and has mp3 etc.... but its personal taste to buy that car,

What I suggest Biju try out Verna for sure If you think big and take your time to decide i am sure you will like Verna, Hyundai is number 1 in customer satisfaction and overall its good package, cheaper than fiesta in long run.

Go for fiesta if you buy diesel and go for verna if you buy Petrol in terms of VFM buy this is my feelings.

Verna Petrol XI is VFM buy for sure Any ford cars not always great ones...

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 7th October 2006 at 13:03.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2006, 15:14   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat

Verna Petrol XI is VFM buy for sure Any ford cars not always great ones...

Regards,

Ravi.
thanks Ravi for the suggestion. Just that i am not a great fan of Verna's looks. Somehow i have fallen for the overall performance of the fiesta over a time. look ofcourse, i like the Aveo's. still i think i must go for a test drive on Verna. I have almost made up my mind for Fiesta SXI as of now. thanks again.
Old 7th October 2006, 16:42   #25
BANNED

Mr. Talking....stones!!!
Test drive a Verna on a straight road and decide. Otherwise you'll blush soon when you see one overtaking your Fiesta in 4th gear while you're pushing yourself in 2nd gear!!!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2006, 17:30   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingpebbles
Thanks. I did see the Ad this morning in Times as well. The new version has no difference in Power. Its just the looks that has been modified with stickers all around. Its a boy's toy. And I certainly am no more a boy to go after it.
saw one in Garuda mall - 1.4exi with a sticker set. a marketing insult to consumer intelligence IMHO
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2006, 17:32   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Mr. Talking....stones!!!
Test drive a Verna on a straight road and decide. Otherwise you'll blush soon when you see one overtaking your Fiesta in 4th gear while you're pushing yourself in 2nd gear!!!
speedzak only the diesel version will do that not the petrol one and i think he is looking for a petrol car
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2006, 18:00   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771
speedzak only the diesel version will do that not the petrol one and i think he is looking for a petrol car
AAAAHHHH, will anybody want a petrol after driving a diesel Verna?? For the price of a Fiesta SEXi of SFXi or any XXX, It's way far better to own the Verna. Why me?? look who is talking for a Hyundai!!!! ME??????? No ways!!!! (Call it the VERNAcular syndrome)

Last edited by speedzak : 7th October 2006 at 18:03.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2006, 18:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Dude,

that you are in love with the verna crdi but that doesnt means that everyone will go for verna for the reason that diesel is more powerful than petrol. We are still living in India where the petrol / diesel prices are way too high. And more than 50% of the car owners need FE now days.

Plus confirmed for hyundai dealers the FE they stating is 14 in city for crdi.

BTW. cong. on yer verna booking.

Quote:
AAAAHHHH, will anybody want a petrol after driving a diesel Verna?? For the price of a Fiesta SEXi of SFXi or any XXX, It's way far better to own the Verna. Why me?? look who is talking for a Hyundai!!!!
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2006, 18:22   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Mr. Talking....stones!!!
I am not certainly going to be blushing on highway if a verna overtakes me. If i have to think that way, I will have to go for a ferrari to keep everybody away from overtaking me. And then probably i will have to change the country to take the car out as well. Too cumbersome my friend. I guess i will be pretty happy with the performance of the Fiesta SXI. And yes. I am not needing any Diesel car. I am happy with the petrol as I will be running a max of 6000-7000 kms a year if not less.