Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2016, 18:17   #31
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,727
Thanked: 1,912 Times
Default re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Gladiator View Post
The above words form the review suggests that the new fourtuner comes with a center differential as well
That website seems to be very amateurish review. Sadly the new fortuner doesn't have a center differential and has only part time 4WD

"The Fortuner is a part-time 4WD vehicle which means you have to run it in 2WD on the road, only using 4WD on loose-traction surfaces like dirt, sand and mud"

See link below:
https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car...stem-explained

Last edited by 4x4addict : 19th August 2016 at 18:29.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 18:54   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TVM, BLR, HYD
Posts: 477
Thanked: 538 Times
Default re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I remember that this still is bumpy, a feature that has been carried forward to the new model too . I think this looks better than the new Endy though.
Fortuner definitely looks sleek and better than the Endy. The Endeavour looks like a bouncer Most of the Australian sites say Endy is better than Fortuner but i still believe Fortuner is a much better vehicle to own from the reliability perspective.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/head-to-...20160303-39942

http://www.caradvice.com.au/397550/f...de-comparison/

I am pretty sure the sales chart will be hot when the Fortuner is launched. But i am glad that the scene is little better now with some good choices in the 25-40L range.
sunishsamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 15:39   #33
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,575
Thanked: 1,234 Times
Default re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Fortuner definitely looks sleek and better than the Endy. The Endeavour looks like a bouncer Most of the Australian sites say Endy is better than Fortuner but i still believe Fortuner is a much better vehicle to own from the reliability perspective.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/head-to-...20160303-39942

http://www.caradvice.com.au/397550/f...de-comparison/

I am pretty sure the sales chart will be hot when the Fortuner is launched. But i am glad that the scene is little better now with some good choices in the 25-40L range.
Was discussing with few petroheads about new Innova and Fortuner when one ask me this- Why buy a Fortuner when the new Innova is better ? Most SUV owners will be happy with the power etc of new Innova and it handles and rides better.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 22:12   #34
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,727
Thanked: 1,912 Times
Default re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Was discussing with few petroheads about new Innova and Fortuner when one ask me this- Why buy a Fortuner when the new Innova is better ? Most SUV owners will be happy with the power etc of new Innova and it handles and rides better.
Frankly, unless you need 4x4 the Innova Crysta is probably a more practial choice, especially since you can now get it with the 2.8 Liter engine and 6-Speed Automatic. However, personally I prefer the 4x4 and just don't want to be seen in an Innova. For some reason, I am not a MUV person.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 21:41   #35
BHPian
 
Thebat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 78 Times
Default re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Saw the same car today. Followed it from town hall to nandini layout , couldn't follow it any further as I had to drop into my office on cord road. Wasn't able to take pictures as it was moving at a good speed and was being closely followed by an innova. Has amazing road presence though and the guy driving it was all grins ��

Last edited by Thebat : 24th August 2016 at 21:57.
Thebat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 17:17   #36
BHPian
 
sknair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 149
Thanked: 70 Times
Default re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Check this out guys.
http://www.drive.com.au/new-car-comp...22-gqyql4.html

The only plus for Fortuner in AU is pricing, that won't be the case here. Time to buy endeavor.
sknair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 12:24   #37
BHPian
 
landcruiser123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: BLR, KA, IND
Posts: 651
Thanked: 751 Times
Default re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

http://m.overdrive.in/news/all-new-t...november-2016/

Toyota fortuner to be launched in November 2016.

Sent from Mobile.
landcruiser123 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 16:42   #38
Newbie
 
thorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Hi folks!

Needed your advice wrt replacing my 2013 Fortuner 2WD AT with the existing Fortuner 4WD AT or the impending one?

Any thoughts on the all time AWD capability of the current one versus the part time 4WD feature in the new one(stability at highway speeds etc).

A lot of anxiety being experienced, over here!

Please help
thorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 18:17   #39
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,727
Thanked: 1,912 Times
Default re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorque View Post
Any thoughts on the all time AWD capability of the current one versus the part time 4WD feature in the new one(stability at highway speeds etc).
Full Time 4WD is always better than part time 4WD. Unfortunately 2016 Fortuner only has part time 4WD, but there are so many improvements over th 2015 model in power train interiors, stronger chasis etc so personally I would pick the 2016 model rather than the outgoing model. It will also fetch you better resale down the line than a previous generation model.

Unless you are very determined to get the current Full Time 4WD version, I suggest wait and get the 2016 model.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 13:52   #40
BHPian
 
inder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: nagpur
Posts: 270
Thanked: 30 Times
Default re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

November end launch as per this redifff article
http://www.rediff.com/business/repor...v/20160915.htm
inder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2016, 10:06   #41
BHPian
 
motorworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 509
Thanked: 182 Times
Default

Fortunately for Toyota they have a cult following for the Fortuner in India. I don't think the Endeavour can match that and the sheer reliability and credibility that the bigger toyotas have garnered over a period of time. It will be mighty difficult for any SUV to dethrone the Fortuner!
motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2016, 11:02   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,482
Thanked: 1,065 Times
Default re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
The only plus for Fortuner in AU is pricing, that won't be the case here. Time to buy endeavor.
Sounds interesting actually. Just that the Endy's lazy auto box is a glaring drawback I found, though a lot of owners don't seem to complain.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2016, 11:55   #43
BHPian
 
sknair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 149
Thanked: 70 Times
Default re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Full Time 4WD is always better than part time 4WD. Unfortunately 2016 Fortuner only has part time 4WD, but there are so many improvements over th 2015 model in power train interiors, stronger chasis etc so personally I would pick the 2016 model rather than the outgoing model. It will also fetch you better resale down the line than a previous generation model.

Unless you are very determined to get the current Full Time 4WD version, I suggest wait and get the 2016 model.
Or you can buy the endevour, full time 4 wd and much better capability, also breeze to drive at low speed and high speed with the electronic steering and the on road dynamics. new fortuner is way behind on all these aspects except brand value. most likely fortuner will price above endevour in India compared to other markets where endevour demands premium.
sknair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2016, 18:56   #44
Newbie
 
thorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Hey folks!

Fresh off the grape-vine,the Fortuner launch was almost delayed due to an issue with its front suspension,they've managed to fix the problem and will be launched as planned.

The Crysta has been experiencing its own set of teething troubles,stabilized yet?

How many months should one give Toyota,to have the new Fortuner sorted, post launch?

Thanks
thorque is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 14:40   #45
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,727
Thanked: 1,912 Times
Default re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorque View Post
Hey folks!

Fresh off the grape-vine,the Fortuner launch was almost delayed due to an issue with its front suspension,they've managed to fix the problem and will be launched as planned.
I don't think this is true since it is already in on sale in other markets with the same suspension and no complaints. There is no India specific suspension for the new Fortuner.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota inaugurates engine production plant in Karnataka for Innova Crysta and next-gen Fortuner MunnabhaiMBBS The Indian Car Scene 10 5th August 2016 16:07
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7 tharian The Indian Car Scene 424 3rd February 2016 22:17
*SCOOP* Honda Brio DIESEL caught. EDIT: Only for next-gen Brio in 2017 kpzen The Indian Car Scene 377 6th September 2015 02:55
Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner dkaile SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 45 12th August 2011 22:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks