Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
Old 18th August 2016, 14:25   #76
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: July 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Thank you Aditya for a much awaited thread.
Some thoughts about various companies:

1) They should be alarmed.
Not long ago, they had a great arsenal of City doing regular class topping numbers. They also had a successful Amaze bring in good movement. At one time, even the Brio got some 4 figure sales. Then come The Brezza. The Baleno and finally, no nail it in, The Ciaz. One brand, offering multiple quality products. The Brezza ensured BRV is still born. Baleno annihilates the Jazz and Ciaz dethrones City and how.
Honestly, the problem with Honda is more than it meets the eye. There is a clear cut shift from Diesel to Petrol. Yet, with so much investments already plonked into the iDtec, they are stubbornly shifting to their iVtec formula. Jazz,unfortunately, even in the newer iteration has flopped again. But, this time it was more to do with perception than pricing. Additionally, the competition is a far more matured one as compared to the time when the earlier Jazz was launched.

Mahindra & Mahindra
Bolero was always a sleeper hit for M&M. Yet, of late, it does not even feature in the top 20, leave alone the top 10 chart. At times, the Bolero was just shy of the 5 figure mark. Now, its fetching in paltry numbers. Surprisingly, M&M is also missing the mark in its other offerings. KUV started off well. Though it isnt the best product there is, the nos. were positive. TUV has also lost its plot. Established models like the Scorpio are also lost in the plethora of choice. M&M never had a sedan in its portfolio. I am not considering the Logan rechristened Verito here. Opportunity may lie in a good sedan offering.
Being an ex Ford owner, I pity the current state of affairs. They have digressed from their core values and other than the mighty Endy(which has stuck to the original Ford philosophy), nothing has clicked. I incidentally saw the Aspire and Classic the other day in traffic. The classic still looked timeless. And I would pick it with my eyes closed. As a Ford loyalist, the Test Drive of the Aspire made me think twice about the build quality and steering feedback. This is not Ford. This is not Maruti/Hyundai. What is this??
They are confused. This shows. The twins are a good product. Just wished they stuck to their core values.

They can Relax. As they lose nothing

General motors
So many models and not one that hits the mark. They can sleep. And relax till the time the US authorities either decide to shut shop and leave India or get some really good products and turn around. Honestly, the latter is wishful thinking.
Saw that the new Punto is being tested in Brazil. My question? Does it actually matter? They had a good product in Linea and they messed up. The Punto was another good offering. Yet, they messed up once again.
BTW, the coffee at Fiat Cafe was tasty. I could only go to them for the coffee. Rest, its a miss.

Last edited by arnabchak : 18th August 2016 at 14:26.
arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 15:41   #77
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: July 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I think I get why people make a beeline for Marutis - I had a taste of the famed service at Trinity Motors, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore.

I just had a (free) lunch with employees of the service station, at their tiny canteen!

I'm stuck here at the service station because of an infuriating wheel alignment issue, which no independent shop has been able to solve so far. I told the service advisor I'd go home, have lunch and come back. That's when I was invited to have lunch with them instead!

Thatís really a very sweet gesture, & itís the little things like this that tells you, you are in good hands, personally my experience has always been very pleasant & wonderful with Maruti dealerships & service dealerships, for example I receive a minimum of three calls for every action the dealerships or the service dealerships take for me, which is to say that their customer satisfaction focus is pretty sharp, that explains their numbers.

On the other hand makers like Skoda still think itís a sellerís market & a customer is somebody insignificant whose job is to buy their products & never complain no matter how poorly they are handled.
gurthvader is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread