Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th September 2016, 13:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Rumour: Toyota to launch luxury MPV Alphard in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Plus, there are several customers out there who want a 50 lakh car, but not the flashy German badge.
Hi GTO - I didn't know this. What is the rationale behind having a 50 lakh budget and NOT having a German or British brand? Would someone settle for Toyota at 50 Lacs and Not Audis / BMWs / Mercs / Jaguars / Land Rovers ?

I do not have 50 lacs and will probably never buy a 50 lac car in my life.

I did not know there existed a customer base like this. I am curious to know what their thinking rationale would be on this. The average Soothsayers have always been telling that when I become a successful person in my career, I want to buy an Audi/BMW/Merc. I haven't heard anyone say I want to spend 50 lacs on an Alphard or a Toyota Sienna / Honda Odyssey.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 7th September 2016 at 14:01.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2017, 23:35   #32
BHPian

In one of the earlier firms I worked in, the owners ( 3 brothers ) had a Toyota Alphard. The owners were 60+ and at times came together, but if not for the business cabin kind of seating and the it's ability to seat 4 people in absolute comfort, I don't see why some one would buy the alpahard. You see, the example I gave was of a first gen business family who liked to travel together, the next gen of the same family came in separate luxury cars! I'm not saying that this example reflects the market, but just feel that it's too late in the day for the Alphard.

I remember even Mercedes having a luxury Van in India in the late 90's and one of my friends who was from a industrial background was contemplating on buying, again very similar reason to what I stated earlier, 3-4 people wanting to travel together in utmost comfort, which I think is waning away this decade.
motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2017, 08:02   #33
BHPian

Default Rumour: Toyota to launch luxury MPV Alphard in India

Spotted at Lower Parel, excuse the odd angles of the picture taken. The person didn't quiet like them been taken, said it was a consulate car and cannot have the number plates included. Fair enough. Here are the pictures. It's huge, had good road presence, and looks super comfortable.

Rumour: Toyota to launch luxury MPV Alphard in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505010682.452187.jpg
Rumour: Toyota to launch luxury MPV Alphard in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505010697.170319.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 10th September 2017 at 15:36. Reason: Invalid attachments removed
GranvilleDsouza is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2017, 08:23   #34
BHPian

Default Re: Rumour: Toyota to launch luxury MPV Alphard in India

A few years ago, nobody would have believed there was a market for a near 30 lakh (Innova pre GST was 27 lakhs OTR B'lore) UV, but the sales figures are here for everyone to see. If I wanted a purely chauffeur driven luxury vehicle, I wouldn't buy the Germans. A luxurious Toyota where I can amortise my expense over 10 years of fuss free ownership would be attractive!
octane_100 is offline   Reply With Quote