Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 6th September 2017, 16:56   #31
BHPian

Default Re: National DigiLocker to carry your driving licence & RC book

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I opened a DigiLocker account today but was unable to pull the documents from the partners. In my case both the the RC and DL are from different states. Is it that the RC and DL also need to be updated with Aadhaar number?

Also in this case, will it make sense to directly upload the scanned copy of the documents.
It is neither necessary to have your DL and the RC issued from the same state nor necessary to update your DL and RC with the Aadhar.
As long as the state issuing your DL and the RC has digitally uploaded these documents, it should be available with MoRTH.

The DigiLocker also acts as a cloud storage, with each user given a space of 1 GB, and the uploaded scanned copy of your DL and RC will not help to solve showing the cops your documents. (that is, when ever they start accepting the DigiLocker app).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
Could forum members please update? Anyone tried using the mobile app instead of the physical driving license - I mean showing a Traffic Cop the mobile app instead of the physical driving license? With what result?

Also, has anybody been able to locate the official Notification (if any) permitting drivers to carry the mobile with the app instead of the actual license?
I have heard that in Telangana the cops accept the DL and RC over the app.
So far have not seen the official Notification, but it had been publicized in all major newspapers somewhere in September, 2016, when the app was launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have been able to get my RC book linked in the Digilocker, however not the driving license. Whenever I try to link it, an error message stating "Unable to locate your records" comes. I suspect this has to do with the format of the DL number. Has anyone been able to link DL issued in Kerala State? The number contains "/" which I suspect is causing the issue.
I have a DL issued in Kerala, RC issued in Tamil Nadu, and have got both downloaded via the DigiLocker.
Initially I could not download/attach the DL using the mobile app. I had to get it done on the DigiLocker website.

Attaching a few snapshots which might help you.

1. Go to the Kerala RTO site to check whether your Driving License is available in a digital format.

National DigiLocker to carry your driving licence & RC book-kerala-rto-1.jpg

2. Fill up your License number and date of birth. Mine was 60/XXX/1990. 60 is the RTO number, XXX is a 3 digit number on my license and 1990 was the year of issue.

National DigiLocker to carry your driving licence & RC book-kerala-rto-2.jpg

3. Once confirmed that it is available in the digital format, go to the DigiLocker website and sign in. If you have not created an account, do so now. You will need your Aadhar to create one.

National DigiLocker to carry your driving licence & RC book-digi-1.jpg

4. After login, open the 'ISSUER ORGANIZATIONS' (circled RED)

National DigiLocker to carry your driving licence & RC book-digi-2.jpg

5. Click on the 'Pull' for the MoRTH in the Organization column.

National DigiLocker to carry your driving licence & RC book-digi-3.jpg

6. Select Morth in the Partner name, Driving License in the Document Type.
Your name and date of birth will be extracted from the Aadhar. (I have removed mine, so reflects as a blank)
Fill up the 'Son/Wife/Daughter of' exactly as it is mentioned on the License.
Fill up your DL numbers with the '/' as on the license, and then click the 'Get Document' tab.

My DL has a spelling mistake in my fathers name, so I filled up with the wrong spelling. Only then did it extract. Aadhar has only my given name while on the DL the surname is also attached to the given name. That did not create any issues.

National DigiLocker to carry your driving licence & RC book-digi-4.jpg

7. You should now be able to get this screen with all your details. I have blanked mine.
Press on the tab circled in RED and you should now have your license in the DigiLocker, and will get updated on the mobile app too.

National DigiLocker to carry your driving licence & RC book-digi5.jpg
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2017, 17:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
I have heard that in Telangana the cops accept the DL and RC over the app.
So far have not seen the official Notification, but it had been publicized in all major newspapers somewhere in September, 2016, when the app was launched.
Thanks for the detailed post. I use the RTA m-Wallet app in Telangana, it has the provision of adding the RC's and licenses. However the drawback as you said would be that one would still have to carry the RC/License in case they are travelling to other states, same is the case with the other state registered vehicles.

Despite a very thorough explanation by you, I seriously hope the govt. centralizes the databases and creates a single app. No offence, I doubt if our police are anywhere near to getting convinced by any sort of digital ID's.
jetsetgo08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2017, 08:18   #33
BHPian

I was able to pull my RC and DL from the partners via DigiLocker. It worked like a charm. I am yet to see the insurance companies as partners. Hopefully that will happens in the months to come.
dpkbehera is offline   Reply With Quote