Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 13th September 2017, 18:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mercedes-Benz GLS 400 petrol launched at Rs. 82.90 lakh

Quote:
Hope you got a good discount since this model is not moving much?
Most of the MB dealers here in North behave very differently if someone asks for discounts. I was very close to picking up their Connoisseur’s Edition but they refused to pass any rebates and wanted complete payment up front to get on pre-cess rates & delivery from an In-Transit car ( I am more than sure it must be sitting in their warehouse only). And the sales guys are so arrogant that they proposed me to wait for some more time and check for Discounts when they launch facelifted version.

Quote:
Nope paid 50k over the 350d as they didn't have it in stock
Congrats, but GLS in Petrol and you are looking at a massive resale hit besides very high running costs, nevertheless, if you like then enjoy, after all, you live only once

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th September 2017 at 18:46.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 20:24   #17
BHPian

I have to look up the package combinations to check the pricing, but, given that a fully equipped GLS450 costs about US$100k in the US, the Rs. 82L seems rather reasonable given that this is a CBU. The GL or GLS is a very nice vehicle although I cannot speak for it in India. Much better than a Q7 in my opinion and I think the Q7 40 TFSI costs close to Rs. 80L, right?
THE-U- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 20:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Most of the MB dealers here in North behave very differently if someone asks for discounts. I was very close to picking up their Connoisseur’s Edition but they refused to pass any rebates and wanted complete payment up front to get on pre-cess rates & delivery from an In-Transit car ( I am more than sure it must be sitting in their warehouse only). And the sales guys are so arrogant that they proposed me to wait for some more time and check for Discounts when they launch facelifted version.

Congrats, but GLS in Petrol and you are looking at a massive resale hit besides very high running costs, nevertheless, if you like then enjoy, after all, you live only once
MB here in Bangalore is no good either. The whole pre sales experience was the worst I ever experienced when I was shopping for a new SUV. ( More on this upcoming in my new SUV ownership thread )

Resale value not a criteria when buying expensive cars.

Last edited by mjumrani : 14th September 2017 at 20:47. Reason: Added more information.
mjumrani is offline   Reply With Quote