Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd September 2017, 05:21   #256
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 2016 Toyota Etios & Liva facelifts launched. Called Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatin View Post
@amalji, you mentioned getting your Etios serviced during trips. Were you serious? If I were to visit Kochi, is it really feasible to get a service done in a couple of hours? Preferably north of Kochi.
Yes, i do that and you can as well. But, make sure you take prior appointment and make sure that you are there on time. Choose the Kalamassery Nippon Toyota ( North side of Ernakulam ) and explicitly mention that you need the Toyota Express Service while taking the appointment.

PS: Even my last service ( 1.2 lakh kms ) was done @ Wayanad en route to Ooty. This is inspite of the Wayanad facility not having the Toyota express bay. Still, they managed to complete it within 3 hours. With the express bay, they normally complete it within 90 minutes.

Last edited by amalji : 3rd September 2017 at 05:32.
amalji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 07:55   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
[*]It seems to give enough mid and low end punch ( unlike the Honda and Maruti ). And that's where you need the power in typical Indian driving conditions. [*]Highway cruising would be very smooth thanks to that tall gearing. [*]The biggest advantage of the CVT used in the Toyota is that it's very unlike a CVT! It gives those 7 virtual gear ratios which can be adjusted manually and at the same time, the 7 speed gear ratios somewhat compensates for the loss in efficiency due to unavailability of infinite gear ratios. I heard that the engine rpm at 100 kmph on the 7th gear is just 1900 rpms! And that grinding noise of the CVT due to the infinite ratios should also be eliminated thanks to this kind of a setup.[*]And on top of that, the simplicity of the technology ensures that you have less things to replace in the long run.[*]It gives very good fuel economy too for a 1.5l Petrol, thanks mainly to that dual-VVTi.[/list]
Honda City has been having this set up for some time and people are well versed with it and Honda charges a bomb for this: (we all know it) because there's no other car having this set up. It's a cinch to drive in the city and highway and very relaxed.

I had test driven the Etios Platinum petrol earlier and loved it: one thing going against the car is "Perception"! Except me no one else in the family really want me to buy it, though they loved it. I think Etios is a car too sensible doomed by the image of a cab. You may add a thousand gizmo's to the Etios but unless you re-brand it (rename it) and keep it at a comforatble price level away from the cabbies, it's not going to curry favor with the private buyers. That's where the Vios comes in and it has to be a sincere effort to dethrone the King: Honda City!
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 21:09   #258
BHPian

Today I took an Ola outstation. The car was an Etios Diesel.
So after settling down, I got talking with the driver.
The car was just spotless, with very clean interiors, felt very tight and there was no unwanted sound. Also no wobbling sound that one generally gets to hear/feel sitting on any taxi nowadays.
So I asked the driver if the car was new. I was shocked beyond my senses when he said the car was over 2lac kms and 3 years old. Was literally speechless.

I captured some pics, but they just don't reflect the top class condition the car was in. I tell you, these cars (Etios & Liva) give an impression of flimsy build but they are anything but flimsy. My own close to 6 years old Etios is an example. And what I saw today just reinforced that belief for all times to come. Ofcourse kudos to the owner driver too for maintaining the car in a way that resulted in it being in such a fine condition.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Toyota Etios & Liva facelifts launched. Called Platinum-etios-1.jpg  

2016 Toyota Etios & Liva facelifts launched. Called Platinum-etios-2.jpg  

2016 Toyota Etios & Liva facelifts launched. Called Platinum-etios-3.jpg  

Last edited by rrsteer : 28th September 2017 at 21:14.
rrsteer is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote