Default Re: Skoda Octavia gets new Ambition Plus variant

Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Rate: 9.70%
Maximum tenure: 7 years
Margin: 15%

Rate 13.10%
Maximum tenure: 5 years
Margin: 20%

I could not digest the latter numbers and picked up my Octavia.
Yes I understand that. What we typically do is take a loan of not more than 3 years and unless we absolutely can't live with the car, keep it for 7-10 years. This may seem annoying at first but in the long run, you will always come out on top financially. It also allows a greater deal of felxibility in the budget.

Originally Posted by vikramk View Post
When you say 'practically new', which model year or how many kilometers run car are you referring to? A brand new 320d base variant retails upwards of 40L OTR and anything prior to 2015 is no longer new.
I consider anything less than three years and 20,000 on the ODO practically new. I'd only consider buying a car with more than 20,000 on the ODO in extremely rare cases.

Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
In Chennai, it is tough to find a 320D with less than 30K miles and less than 3 years old below the 25 Lakh mark. Plus the feel good factor associated with a new car is something else. This is what makes me lean towards a new Octavia over the used 320d.
It's never easy finding a pre-owned vehicle. The hunt can take several months and you need to be prepared for that. Usually owners will try and command a sellers premium, I tend to walk away from such cars as it is not in my inherent nature to haggle like crazy. I like to pay a fair price, one that is equitable to both the seller as well as the buyer. It took me 7-8 months to find my Jetta, the owner hung onto it for 3-4 months more while finalising his next car during which time I continued my search. I eventually paid Rs 50,000 more than I was prepared to, but it was still a fair deal for all parties concerned. Always, Always buy the seller if possible

I could have found a Superb or 320D with more ease but those segments were out of question for me. The superb would probably have been cheaper than the Jetta.

I agree the feel good factor is a nice thing to have, but ask yourself if it's worth the price gouging tactics of these manufacturers? It isn't to me. I'd rather take my time and buy a pre-owned car, spend some money getting it detailed and bringing it home in showroom condition.

Last edited by imp! : 20th September 2016 at 09:34.
imp! is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 23:04   #32
Default Re: Skoda Octavia gets new Ambition Plus variant

Does the Ambition Plus 1.8 TSI variant still retain the independent multilink suspension at the rear or does it loose out on that too?
Starfire is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 10:24   #33

It does have the independent multi link at the rear.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote