Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 28th September 2016, 17:13   #16
Default Re: Parivahan - Portal for Road Transport from MORTH

This is great! I checked my vehicles' RC details and found them matching. However, when tried to utilise vehicle transfer services (not sure about the link thought), got an error message stating the reg no and chassis number aren't matching, although the RC query threw up those numbers intact from the same site! Lets wait and see.

One question for the experts. Can we do vehicle name transfers (post inter-personal sales of vehicles) online? Just curious to know as one is pending in my end.
rangarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 18:34   #17
Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 29th September 2016 at 10:12.
ShreyasM8 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 28th September 2016, 18:38   #18

As the others have pointed out, the site still needs lots of work. In my case RC details are accurate, DL details, it doesnt show me any result and in case of "pay tax", I am getting the same message as combination of regn/chasis not valid.

I do hope they get it up running soon, my dzire's 5 year tax is expiring in May next year and I dread making a trip to MVD, Beltala, Kolkata.

On the flip side, if the tax collection becomes operational, lot of touts are going to lose their livelihood.
nitishk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 13:39   #19

Just got a shock, my 10 yr old bike's record does not exist. TN XX P XX10 does not exist where as XX09 and XX11 are showing. I am confused and a bit worried. Where else can i get this checked? Also in the case of my car, the ownership has not been updated.
sai_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 03:04   #20

Not very impressed.
2 of the 4 cars I checked do not exist!!
One of the cars is a 2013 model which I still own.
The other a 2011 model which I have sold.

Or maybe the site does not work after 5 o'clock?

Anyway, one never expects too much from a Govt site.

suzuki san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2016, 00:41   #21

Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Additionally, citizens can access classified information about their vehicles and licenses by entering the required details in the Online Services section of the website.
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I wish there is some basic level of security feature built in to protect the privacy. For example : In addition to Registration number, last five digits of Chassis No. should be entered to be get the info. Similarly, along with DL number, Date of Birth should be entered.
I am also deeply concerned with the ease at which the details of the vehicle owner can be found out, all one needs is the vehicle registration number. The personal information provided is minimal i.e only name, no address or other personal information, but alongside social media tools like Facebook, it is conceivable that by simply looking up the registration info of a particular car, one may able to find out a lot of information about someone, which may be especially undesirable for our female friends & colleagues.

Additionally, VIN and Engine number are amongst the most intimate details of a car, which apart from the owner and maybe the car service center, no one else who doesn't have access to the car can otherwise have access to. In that case, should it be so easily accessible?

I am not aware if previous govt. websites had access to this information, in which case I apologize for the delayed show of concern, but a simple solution as suggested by AutoNoob maybe helpful in adding an additional layer of security in the interest of privacy.

I am not a security or a car expert, am just broadly voicing my concerns about what seems to be a preventable access to private and possibly confidential information.
Apart from that I appreciate this effort of the government to bring transparency to this field, and the ease of access to information
iamendangered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2016, 09:57   #22

It shows my name against Swift i had sold 5 years back and same is case for my brothers car too !! How to get it corrected?
anand_hc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 20:05   #23
Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I don't think this is updated with the latest data.

My alto which I sold last year is still showing in my name. (While the one I used to check karnataka site, was showing the new owner's name). On the other hand, couple of other vehicles which were recently transfered, is showing the new owner's name. There is some issue, I presume. Probably, not all RTOs may be updated in this.
haria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 08:07   #24

Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
However, incomplete data is still the issue. My DL was issued in 2001 for MCWG and in 2007 LMV was added. On the website, it only shows LMV!
Could you please help with the format of DL number ?
My DL was issued in 2003 and it is just having xxxx/03 as number. I am unable to search my DL details.

Or probably it displays only latest information and old ones are not being displayed?
Shreeniwas is online now   Reply With Quote