Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2017, 07:24   #451
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: mum,lko,kolkata
Posts: 704
Thanked: 672 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (14)
Default Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
OT: I doubt if the Kodiaq will be in the X1 xline range. And the X1doesn't have the ZF gearbox. A FWD X1 reminds me of the 2-series MPV I see here
A FWD X1? A BMW? Et tu, Brute! So BMW finally threw in the towel too!
shashanka is offline  
Old 16th July 2017, 09:05   #452
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 53
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

My personal opinion is that you will also get proportionally better resale with the X1 vs Tiguan so the total cost between the two will not be much when you sell the car.
ac-cobra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 12:47   #453
BHPian
 
nanu28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 235
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Does anyone know what manufacturer ECU is being used in the version we are getting in India?

I spoke to Revo Technik, UK with regards to a remap. And they told me that the Tiguan 2017 version has 2 different ECU's around the world. One with Bosch and one with Delphi. They do have remaps for the Bosch one, but none yet for the Delphi.
nanu28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 18:42   #454
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mandi, Himachal
Posts: 44
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

I've taken delivery of a Silver Highline Tiguan a few days ago, and driven it about 200 odd Km's.

Initial impressions are very good - it sorta feels like an SUV version of my Passat which is a good thing as I've really enjoyed my 5 year + ownership of the Passat.

The engine does not feel under-powered at all now that I've also driven it up some steep climbs in the hills - hit 140 K easily on a small 4 lane stretch near Mandi town.

Found the D mode in normal more than adequate for driving around as well as quick over takes of trucks etc on uphill twisty roads - the S mode was a blast during the brief time i used it. The Tiguan's 7 speed box seems superior to the Passat's 6 speed DSG.

Never felt to the need to use the gimmicky paddle shifts or tip tronic.

Great interiors, spacious rear seat and boot - the family just loves the panoramic sun roof - lots of tech that I'm still getting into.

Music system is amazing, the new gen 8" touchscreen very fast, responsive and easy to use.

Ride quality is excellent, no body roll or excessive jolts like my Fortuner, drove uphill 80 KM's through pouring rain and the Tiguan felt very grippy and planted - the AWD 4Motion system seems to be very good.

Happy with the Tiguan thus far and hope I remain so.

Cost was 30.1 L ex showroom, paid 60 K for Extended Warrant (2+2 yrs or 1 lac Km) and the comprehensive insurance was about 58K as well.

I'm now off on an extended business trip for the the next 2 weeks so the Tiguan goes into the garage.
driven646 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 22:30   #455
BHPian
 
sj_koova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 600
Thanked: 148 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Congratulations driven646. I have really liked the Tiguan and tried negotiating with the dealer on insurance and for corporate discount. They had absolutely no interest to engage. So I ended up one less choice!
sj_koova is online now  
Old 26th July 2017, 09:13   #456
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 476
Thanked: 810 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven646 View Post
I've taken delivery of a Silver Highline Tiguan a few days ago, and driven it about 200 odd Km's.
Congratulations!

I looked at the Tiguan long and hard as well. It is indeed an excellent package. The interior space really impressed me and the features list is very extensive. It is so easy to handle and everything is designed very ergonomically. Loved the sunroof, it is the best implementation I had seen in a while.

The only things that put me off were the fact that VW priced the Highline version quite high for what it offers and did not offer the highest state of engine tune or a navigation system even at that price point. I know the engine is powerful enough for 99% of situation but to me, it felt strained in sport mode which one may need occasionally to handle emergency maneuvers or overtaking.

I must thank VW and Tiguan, having "mentally" got used to the 40 lac price point by booking the Tiguan and waiting for two months for final prices to be announced. It then got me thinking made me ask "why not" to the idea of spending 50% more and going for the BMW 530i, a segment I would even have thought of for many years down the line otherwise. I know that sounds like somewhat irrational decision making, since these are totally different segments etc., but that is how it worked for me.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 26th July 2017 at 09:16.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 12:12   #457
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mandi, Himachal
Posts: 44
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Congratulations!

I must thank VW and Tiguan, having "mentally" got used to the 40 lac price point by booking the Tiguan and waiting for two months for final prices to be announced. It then got me thinking made me ask "why not" to the idea of spending 50% more and going for the BMW 530i, a segment I would even have thought of for many years down the line otherwise. I know that sounds like somewhat irrational decision making, since these are totally different segments etc., but that is how it worked for me.
Thanks and Congratulations on your booking of the BMW 530i - that should be an awesome car to drive.

My budget was 34-35 L Max and the Tiguan at 32.2 L approx post registration etc and inclusive of the extended warranty was perfect.

I did not want any of the big Ladder frame SUV's and the only other options at this budget were the BMW X1 Expedition and the base Audi Q3 - i found both to be smaller and lacking in features - although the BMW X1 engine was outstanding.

I'm essentially a car guy at heart, but the roads in the hills are never that great at most times and currently with major 4 lane and other work happening in HP - low slung cars are a no no...

I have barely driven my Passat 10K Km's in the past 1.5 yrs due to the ongoing highways works.
driven646 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 14:16   #458
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 194
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Congratulations!

I looked at the Tiguan long and hard as well. It is indeed an excellent package. The interior space really impressed me and the features list is very extensive. It is so easy to handle and everything is designed very ergonomically. Loved the sunroof, it is the best implementation I had seen in a while.

The only things that put me off were the fact that VW priced the Highline version quite high for what it offers and did not offer the highest state of engine tune or a navigation system even at that price point. I know the engine is powerful enough for 99% of situation but to me, it felt strained in sport mode which one may need occasionally to handle emergency maneuvers or overtaking.

I must thank VW and Tiguan, having "mentally" got used to the 40 lac price point by booking the Tiguan and waiting for two months for final prices to be announced. It then got me thinking made me ask "why not" to the idea of spending 50% more and going for the BMW 530i, a segment I would even have thought of for many years down the line otherwise. I know that sounds like somewhat irrational decision making, since these are totally different segments etc., but that is how it worked for me.
It's not irrational at all because that is exactly what happened to me . Had I not booked the Tiguan and waited for 2 months, and had the price not been near 40 L on road, I would have never dreamt of going to the big Germans. And once I went to the big Germans, the 530d M Sport just got my attention. I mean, as if it's not crazy enough to go from a VW to a BMW, I didn't even think about the 3 series or X1, but went straight for the next segment. Once me and my wife had come to terms with the idea of going big, and worked out the finances, the next couple of days were perhaps the happiest I have been in recent memory . I started evaluating all other cars in that range, reminding myself every few minutes that I was actually checking the Range Rovers, the Audis, the Jaguars etc.

Anyway, congratulations on booking the 530i. It'll be a while before I take the plunge as am waiting for the new X3 (G01) to be launched before I decide.
sunny310c is offline  
Old 16th August 2017, 15:03   #459
BHPian
 
nanu28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 235
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Congratulations driven646. I have really liked the Tiguan and tried negotiating with the dealer on insurance and for corporate discount. They had absolutely no interest to engage. So I ended up one less choice!
Hi,
Congrats! Read you booked the Atlantic Blue Highline on another thread.

Please let me know the cost of insurance and what all discounts the Dealer gave you. He has only promised me "Some" discount so far so it would be easier to bargain.

Did you opt for 2+2 warranty? How much extra was that?

I am thinking of going in a day or two to book mine a Highline in White, as thats what they have at the stockyard supposedly and I don't think I can wait that long. Really like the blue too, wife loves it. Just scared they will become 10% higher and really well above my price range then. I would have settled for the Comfortline but for the Sunroof and the bigger self sealing tires, Alloys.

Thanks a lot, and Hope you get the delivery of your Atlantic Blue soon.
nanu28 is offline  
Old 16th August 2017, 20:42   #460
BHPian
 
sj_koova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 600
Thanked: 148 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Hi,
Congrats! Read you booked the Atlantic Blue Highline on another thread.

Please let me know the cost of insurance and what all discounts the Dealer gave you. He has only promised me "Some" discount so far so it would be easier to bargain.

Did you opt for 2+2 warranty? How much extra was that?

I am thinking of going in a day or two to book mine a Highline in White, as thats what they have at the stockyard supposedly and I don't think I can wait that long. Really like the blue too, wife loves it. Just scared they will become 10% higher and really well above my price range then. I would have settled for the Comfortline but for the Sunroof and the bigger self sealing tires, Alloys.

Thanks a lot, and Hope you get the delivery of your Atlantic Blue soon.
Thank you. My delivery will happen within a week. SA informed me today that the car has arrived in Bangalore and will be at stockyard tomorrow to check.

I paid 75k for insurance (without zero dep) against the 125k initial quote. Only other offer I was able to bargain was free accessories worth 12k. So overall 62k less. Still it is 36.9 on-road in Bangalore.

VW guys don't care much about the sales numbers. It is very clear in their attitude.

I haven't taken the 2+2 warranty. SA said I can opt for it anytime within the first 2 years.

I too ended up with Highline because I had to make up for not booking BMW X1.
sj_koova is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 14:08   #461
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mandi, Himachal
Posts: 44
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Thank you. My delivery will happen within a week. SA informed me today that the car has arrived in Bangalore and will be at stockyard tomorrow to check.

I paid 75k for insurance (without zero dep) against the 125k initial quote. Only other offer I was able to bargain was free accessories worth 12k. So overall 62k less. Still it is 36.9 on-road in Bangalore.

VW guys don't care much about the sales numbers. It is very clear in their attitude.

I haven't taken the 2+2 warranty. SA said I can opt for it anytime within the first 2 years.

I too ended up with Highline because I had to make up for not booking BMW X1.
Congratulations - nice to see some (soon to be) fellow Tiguan owners here.

I got insurance at 58K from New India (Bumper to Bumper) the quote from the dealer had been a ridiculous 1.35L !

Also bought the extended warranty for 59K at the outset - you can buy it anytime while the standard 2 yr warranty lasts - but the rates will be higher depending on when you opt for the extended warranty - would suggest you check with your dealer on that.

I'm in the process of registering the Tiguan - at current rates in HP that should be 60K.

So in total the Tiguan has come in at 31.10 + 58K +59K + 60K for a grand total of 31.87 lakhs - which is well within the budget of 32 - 34L i had.

Haven't used it much but all seems good so far - don't like the faux leather material used for the seats tho - they don't give a premium feel.

The leather seats in my Passat seem far superior.
driven646 is offline  
Old 17th August 2017, 14:15   #462
BHPian
 
nanu28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 235
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven646 View Post
Congratulations - nice to see some (soon to be) fellow Tiguan owners here.

I got insurance at 58K from New India (Bumper to Bumper) the quote from the dealer had been a ridiculous 1.35L !

Also bought the extended warranty for 59K at the outset - you can buy it anytime while the standard 2 yr warranty lasts - but the rates will be higher depending on when you opt for the extended warranty - would suggest you check with your dealer on that.

I'm in the process of registering the Tiguan - at current rates in HP that should be 60K.

So in total the Tiguan has come in at 31.10 + 58K +59K + 60K for a grand total of 31.87 lakhs - which is well within the budget of 32 - 34L i had.

Haven't used it much but all seems good so far - don't like the faux leather material used for the seats tho - they don't give a premium feel.

The leather seats in my Passat seem far superior.
31.87, is a sweet deal, so far here the highline is coming to 33.38 on road, with the insurance at 88K, and road tax is 2.8Lacs
nanu28 is offline  
Old 17th August 2017, 18:24   #463
BHPian
 
sj_koova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 600
Thanked: 148 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

I had been to the dealer's stockyard to check the car. All good except that there was bit of water condensation inside the headlight cluster. SA claims it was due to pressure wash, but I would guess the headlight cluster to be well sealed and this can no way happen.
May not be a deal breaker, but bit uncertain about the workmanship.

The dealer I visited had 9 booking this month and cars are being delivered as well. Tiguan seems to have caught attention from people who are not really brand conscious. May be favored by the GST also.

Last edited by sj_koova : 17th August 2017 at 18:25. Reason: typo
sj_koova is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 19:03   #464
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: India
Posts: 194
Thanked: 469 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
The dealer I visited had 9 booking this month and cars are being delivered as well. Tiguan seems to have caught attention from people who are not really brand conscious. May be favored by the GST also.
A close relative working with a dealership said he has already delivered around 15 cars and is sitting on another 10 confirmed bookings. This is just one dealership in a single state. Considering the HUGE profit they are going to make on every single car, If they continue to sell consistently in the range of 125-150 cars, Then I reckon it's a hit for VW.
RaghuVis is offline  
Old 17th August 2017, 19:09   #465
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,860
Thanked: 16,305 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
The dealer I visited had 9 booking this month and cars are being delivered as well. Tiguan seems to have caught attention from people who are not really brand conscious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
A close relative working with a dealership said he has already delivered around 15 cars and is sitting on another 10 confirmed bookings.
So clearly VW seems to have got the premium positioning right. More margins and hence these numbers should be enough to keep them happy.

Any idea which variant is fast moving? I have a feeling it'll be fully loaded Highline variant.

Hyundai missed a big opportunity with the Tucson, especially considering their successful launches earlier like the Santa FE and Creta on either ends of this market.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th August 2017 at 19:10.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda imports Africa Twin (CRF1000D) motorcycle. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.90 lakhs Senna4Ever Superbikes & Imports 50 9th August 2017 22:52
Mercedes imports GLC. EDIT: Launched at 50.70 lakhs Senna4Ever The Indian Car Scene 21 27th June 2016 11:35
Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Unveiled at Guangzhou Auto Show hanmust The International Automotive Scene 6 18th November 2013 18:00
Volkswagen Tiguan Spotted Sinner666 The Indian Car Scene 13 23rd January 2011 19:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks