| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|5th February 2017, 05:58||#16|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dilwalon ki Dilli
Thanked: 339 Times
Re: Car buying, registration & licence advice for the Physically Challenged - All you need to know
Thanks for the details for people to find out more about it.
One important thing which you missed is that there is an excise duty exemption given by central government.
The requisite notifications and forms are here, http://dhi.nic.in/UserView/index?mid=2408 . You need to do the following steps.
1. Get medical certificates
2. Book the car with the dealer
3. Get a letter from the car dealer that they can provide a car to you which you can drive. (with modifications)
4. A writing from you, that you have not availed this concession since last 5 years and will not dispose off your car in next 5 years.
5. Send this letter with request of concession on excise duty to the Min of Heavy Industries office in New Delhi.
6. Government will take some time, max time is around 1.5 months.
7. Once your application is approved, a letter will come to your address (and to dealer, I am not sure of this).
8. You can show the same to the dealer and get the concession on excise duty.
The excise duty applicable for PwD is 8% flat across all cars, as compared to 16% Or 24% for bigger cars. Lower excise duty means lower cost and lower Insurance cost too.
So there are three levels for benefits
1. Excise concession from central government (flat rate of 8%)
2. Road tax exemption from State government RTO. (fully exempted)
3. Insurance concession of 50% from State Insurers like Oriental etc.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The modern car and the technologically challenged||nivatakavacha||Technical Stuff||93||4th October 2015 09:40|
|The 2012 Budget & the Indian Car Scene : All you need to know||GTO||The Indian Car Scene||102||13th April 2012 11:27|
|Physically Damaged Alloy Wheels and solutions||guyonblackybx||Tyre & Alloy wheel Section||21||9th October 2008 00:38|
|All you need to know about honda D series headers..||nitroxx||Modifications & Accessories||7||10th March 2007 13:08|
|You need a licence to fly this car....||Revvmaster||The International Automotive Scene||4||29th May 2004 00:16|