Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2017, 00:40   #61
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 97
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

Hello people!! This is my first post.
The Dzire or YSDNB as it is known to suppliers, is built on the same platform as Baleno and is the best looking Dzire( which is not saying a lot). I have personally seen this vehicle in near full glory and the vehicle is slated for a Dussehra-Diwali type release this year.
Regarding what's new, well, technically nothing for now till the new 1.5L Diesel will grace this car from 2018. It is not really Swift with a boot.The design is more flowing.And yes, this time the Notch back will lead the Hatchback to the market.
That is as far as I know.
Carma2017 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 05:04   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,545
Thanked: 1,718 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
The Dzire or YSDNB as it is known to suppliers, is built on the same platform as Baleno and is the best looking Dzire( which is not saying a lot). I have personally seen this vehicle in near full glory and the vehicle is slated for a Dussehra-Diwali type release this year.
Regarding what's new, well, technically nothing for now till the new 1.5L Diesel will grace this car from 2018. It is not really Swift with a boot.The design is more flowing.
Seems like you are closely associated with Maruti.

Can you confirm whether Dzire will continue to be a sub-4m car? Also, some clear pics...
romeomidhun is online now  
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:21   #63
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 97
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

I definitely do not have images. But it is a sub 4m car.
I do work with Japanese OEMs. So, have idea about some cars we work with. The Dzire is not a car I have worked on. And anyway Suzuki is too small a fish in Japan.

Last edited by Samurai : 8th March 2017 at 22:30. Reason: typo
Carma2017 is offline  
Old 22nd January 2017, 11:36   #64
BHPian
 
y2ksrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 228
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
Hello people!! This is my first post.
The Dzire or YSDNB as it is known to suppliers, is built on the same platform as Baleno and is the best looking Dzire( which is not saying a lot). I have personally seen this vehicle in near full glory and the vehicle is slated for a Dussehra-Diwali type release this year.
Regarding what's new, well, technically nothing for now till the new 1.5L Diesel will grace this car from 2018. It is not really Swift with a boot.The design is more flowing.And yes, this time the Notch back will lead the Hatchback to the market.
That is as far as I know.
Can you reconfirm on the launch timeline, because as per media reports its the new Swift is expected during the festive season - the DZire on the other hand is being rumored to launch by May. Going by your comment, if the DZire launches during the festive season, then will the 2017 Swift launch next year?
y2ksrs is offline  
Old 22nd January 2017, 12:40   #65
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 97
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

As far as I know, the Hatchback is scheduled later with the Notch back work going ahead with a mid year start of production. Any way Suzuki has Ignis, Dzire, Baleno Turbo along with other cosmetic facelifts lined up for 2017. I don't think they need Swift this year.The closest competition in i10 grand is as long in the tooth as Swift.
Carma2017 is offline  
Old 7th February 2017, 11:48   #66
BHPian
 
BoneCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MFP
Posts: 898
Thanked: 1,259 Times
Default Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

I received a Whatsapp message from a source of mine who says a few things,
1. New D'zire will be longer than 4 meters.
2. Production for the same has started at Manesar plant now with an impending launch in April/May 2017.
3. Swift will come by festival time, production not yet started.
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 12:53   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,545
Thanked: 1,718 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
1. New D'zire will be longer than 4 meters.
Even though I think a 4.2m DZire will be the best thing, there should be a sub-4m version as well, IMO. The popularity of DZire is not only because it is a Maruti and a sedan, but it is small enough to drive and park in city like a hatchback.
romeomidhun is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 15:04   #68
BHPian
 
Porschefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 359
Thanked: 797 Times
Default Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

It's interesting to understand the strategy Maruti is playing. With the Ciaz set to move to Nexa with bigger engines and bigger price point, it will surely become the C+/D segment offering Maruti always intended to have. The Dzire 4.2 or shall I just say the new Dzire will be the sedan that'll fill the gap between the Baleno and the Ciaz. I'm leaving out the Brezza because it's positioning and competition is different. The Swift and the new Dzire will be the premium offerings at the better side of 10L while the Baleno will continue to be premium but at a lower price point.

Last edited by Porschefire : 10th February 2017 at 15:08.
Porschefire is offline  
Old 1st March 2017, 11:50   #69
BHPian
 
y2ksrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 228
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I received a Whatsapp message from a source of mine who says a few things,
1. New D'zire will be longer than 4 meters.
2. Production for the same has started at Manesar plant now with an impending launch in April/May 2017.
3. Swift will come by festival time, production not yet started.
Cross posting from the other DZire thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4155387 (Scoop! Maruti's plans for the old & new Dzire)

Quote:
I was talking to my wife's cousin, who is the general manager at a leading Maruti showroom in Chennai. According to him, the new DZire is slated for 2017 year end and is sub 4 metres in length. Not sure if I can believe him, since posts in this forum do indicate an April/May launch. But what is perplexing is that if the new DZire is indeed confirmed for an April/May launch, why aren't any test mules being spotted of late?
y2ksrs is offline  
Old 4th March 2017, 16:50   #70
BHPian
 
jaaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 369
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

Most of the information from the Dealers will be spot on, so I doubt about the April / May 2017 launch. In my Case, the dealer's suggestion on the pricing and launch month of Baleno RS was bang on target. He had suggested a price of 11 lakhs OTR Bangalore.

OR, probably they might've postponed for clarity on GST, which will come into effect from July 2017 (hope so).

Last edited by jaaz : 4th March 2017 at 17:14.
jaaz is offline  
Old 4th March 2017, 19:43   #71
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 97
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

New Dzire would be sub 4m. And it is slated for production start (SOP) within next month or so. Launch is a different story because Maruti slowly Ramps up volumes before launching. They took 3 months or so to stabilize Ignis.
The Dzire test miles have already been spotted on Indian roads. Company people say that Maruti prioritized the Dzire over the Swift due to the threats faced then from Amaze, Zest and Xcent. Now apparently although neither are threats, the ball has rolled too far to change schedules.
Carma2017 is offline  
Old 4th March 2017, 19:49   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 9,434
Thanked: 14,126 Times
Default Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
I don't think they need Swift this year.
Do your above quote still hold good ? Information I have is thet the 2017 SWIFT for Europe will launch in June and logically in India it will launch in 2017 Festive season or earlier. Any views?

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th March 2017 at 19:58.
volkman10 is offline  
Old 4th March 2017, 21:40   #73
BHPian
 
y2ksrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 228
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Do your above quote still hold good ? Information I have is thet the 2017 SWIFT for Europe will launch in June and logically in India it will launch in 2017 Festive season or earlier. Any views?
Do you have any information from your birdies on the DZire? Your birdies in Honda and Tata got of the WRV and Tigor, any such scoops on the new DZire?
y2ksrs is offline  
Old 4th March 2017, 22:29   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 169
Thanked: 248 Times
Default Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

Yes - it is confirmed to be sub 4m and also will come with the same engines that are currently in vogue. Only design changes
User Carma2017 is right in his views. There have been too many rumours about Dzire, S-cross, Ciaz ...etc. Suzuki will be very happy with the publicity they are getting from speculation. Very good strategy indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
New Dzire would be sub 4m. And it is slated for production start (SOP) within next month or so. Launch is a different story because Maruti slowly Ramps up volumes before launching. They took 3 months or so to stabilize Ignis.
The Dzire test miles have already been spotted on Indian roads. Company people say that Maruti prioritized the Dzire over the Swift due to the threats faced then from Amaze, Zest and Xcent. Now apparently although neither are threats, the ball has rolled too far to change schedules.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 10:31   #75
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 97
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Do your above quote still hold good ? Information I have is thet the 2017 SWIFT for Europe will launch in June and logically in India it will launch in 2017 Festive season or earlier. Any views?
The Europe launch of Swift Hatchback will be early as usual. India will be getting it later. Like I said SOP of Dzire is in March-April, followed by ramp up. Launch dates are governed by factors beyond my knowledge. But safe bet is June-October period.
The Swift Hatchback development is lagging behind and SOP is likely to be in November-December period, followed by ramp up. So, I expect an Auto Expo unveiling followed by launch in March 2018. Till that time all the bugs would have been sorted out via international market and Suzuki can then give it's most important product with all glitches sorted out to its most important market.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCOOP! Maruti Dzire AMT caught testing (ZDi variant) RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 23 7th January 2016 12:52
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!* .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 181 31st March 2015 09:48
DZire gets fulfilled : 2013 Silky Silver Maruti DZire Vxi dZired Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 50 14th July 2014 11:39
Let's Dzire again, but this time ZDi. My Maruti Dzire. EDIT: Totalled rockporiom Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 86 18th November 2013 16:26
Suspension upgrade for Dzire (Maruti Swift Dzire) Murugan Modifications & Accessories 15 12th September 2010 12:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks