Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th January 2017, 13:03   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda to focus on premium vehicles for the Indian market

So it's been a couple of months since Skoda launched their new strategy of providing a better service experience along with Apps and all that jazz. Has there been any change on the ground?
Existing Skoda customers? Did you use any of the app services? Did you visit the service center and was it a better experience?
pickdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2017, 16:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
So it's been a couple of months since Skoda launched their new strategy of providing a better service experience along with Apps and all that jazz. Has there been any change on the ground?
Existing Skoda customers? Did you use any of the app services? Did you visit the service center and was it a better experience?
I ve not changed my opinion on their service and my experience of it.
Vinayaka Skoda in Bangalore continues to look after my Yeti well and have so far always stepped up for me.

I have downloaded the app but it keeps redirecting me to Skoda TAFE which is locationally closer to where I live. But I have a good relationship with Vinayaka and because of this I prefer to go clear across town to avail of their services.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2017, 21:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post

For sure there has been a lot of emphasis on customer satisfaction and feedback. Post service, the reps from the dealer call to check and then Skoda arranges a call from their office etc, so there is some sense that Skoda wants to do something about customer satisfaction.

Having said that, let me tell you that I owned a Maruti ( Swift Dzire diesel ) for a good 4.5 years and post every service the executives are pushing you to give the best rating possible and that's very irritating. Basically within 2-3 weeks of taking delivery from the service centre there are numerous calls, more like they want the best rating and that's about it. If you speak about an issue they aren't ready to listen. And typically the car felt good and clean for the first few weeks and then you can start hearing the brakes squeaking and dashboard rattles and what not. With Skoda, even until the one year service is due the car just feels the same. Just a well put together product. Simple. Yes I have had issues as well, A turbo failure, EGR failure all with less than just 35k on the ODO, but Skoda did ok to replace them under warranty even though once I was out of warranty period.

Lastly, the app works well, it's got a record of all your previous service bills although he descriptions and details aren't available. But every single transaction is captured.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 19:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Auto India managing director Sudhir Rao resigns.

Rao will serve his term until 30th June and the Czech car maker, a subsidiary of Volkswagen is likely to fill the vacancy created by his exit with an Indian executive.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote