Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 23rd March 2017, 09:50   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
There goes all the hopes of owning this good looking SUV anytime soon in near future.
A friend of mine is interested in the Compass and he got a SMS from Jeep Kochi yesterday which said the ex-shoowroom price is expected to be from 15 to 25 lakhs.

So, I am expecting a big spread of variants across that price range. It is a Fiat India trait to pack in the highest number of variants for each model.

It also said "All new Jeep Compass - Made in India - expected to launch its variants by Monsoon".
deetjohn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 13:24   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
After its unveiling in April the launch of Jeep Compass will happen in August 2017.

ET
Launch in August? Trying to meet the Diwali season rush? With the large amount of mule testing going on, I would have expected this to be launched much earlier. Can anybody else confirm?
Old 23rd March 2017, 17:06   #138
Senior - BHPian

I do not understand the excitement about this made for India Jeep Compass! Isnt the Skoda Yeti a tested 4x4 at similar price point? I am using a Yeti now for 2 years and can swear by it. And its a Proven vehicle, underrated in India only. The yeti has all the supporting like Hill descent etc etc.
Old 23rd March 2017, 17:53   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
I do not understand the excitement about this made for India Jeep Compass! Isnt the Skoda Yeti a tested 4x4 at similar price point? I am using a Yeti now for 2 years and can swear by it. And its a Proven vehicle, underrated in India only. The yeti has all the supporting like Hill descent etc etc.
Its a Skoda. It looks too plain. Its not a jeep, doesnt have the seven slatted grill. There are many good cars which don't sell for several reasons. Unfortunately the Yeti is one.
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:26   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Me too man.

Im using the 4x4 Yeti Elegance for the last 5 and a half years, going on 6 years now.
Its absolutely perfect as per me.

Sadly the mass Indian consumer never appreciated the poor Yeti, like they never appreciated the lovely Forester when it was around.

But then, somewhere inside my head too, is this constant hankering for a real original Jeep.

My first preference would have surely been the Wrangler unlimited but it is impractically priced.

Next best would have been the Jeep Patriot which I really really like a lot and which I used in the US on my last trip.

Then comes the Renegade which also I really like.

Now, increasingly this Compass looks more and more inviting going by what I am seeing and reading.

I just MIGHT consider it as the logical move from my much beloved Yeti, although I am NOT in a hurry at all - since the Yeti has hardly done 39000 kms in these 6 years!

Else, the only option for one such as I, is to quietly wait for the Wrangler Unlimited to hit the used market!
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:30   #141
BHPian

Quote:
I have almost decided to buy a Yeti 4X4, unfortunately skoda discontinued the product here. Now waiting for the compass launch, hope it will match the quality,fit and finish of the Skoda. Tiguan will be more expensive I guess.
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:42   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjiGTI View Post
I have almost decided to buy a Yeti 4X4, unfortunately skoda discontinued the product here. Now waiting for the compass launch, hope it will match the quality,fit and finish of the Skoda. Tiguan will be more expensive I guess.
If you're OK with skoda brand, i think its worth waiting for Skoda Kodiak

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...age-6-a-2.html (Skoda Kodiaq Preview. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India (page 6))
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:45   #143
BHPian

Jeep Compass India Debut on April 12

Source: Autocar

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...12-404491.aspx
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:46   #144
BHPian

Am so so excited if they can price in the 20-25L range(as per news reports).Looks to be a much superior product that its competitors like the Tucson.

Only hope they dont price it around 30,then it will be sadly go out of my budget

How is the service reputation for Jeep?Anyone has any idea?And also the 9 speed ZF gearbox seems to have a host of issues which is worrying.
joy_swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 11:34   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

A spyshot taken at night, showing the tail lamp sections in action.

Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India-image2.jpg

Received on WhatsApp.

RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 16:16   #146
BHPian

In case if anyone interested in a specs comparison between Compass, Tiguan & Kodiak.

XUV mentioned here will make it easier to compare/understand the vehicle dimensions.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! 2017 Jeep Compass spotted in India-compass.jpg  

LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 16:29   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
How is the service reputation for Jeep?Anyone has any idea?And also the 9 speed ZF gearbox seems to have a host of issues which is worrying.
Globally, Jeep does not have the best reputation in terms of reliability. In fact, as per consumer reports, for the last few years at least, they've consistently been at the bottom as far as reliability is concerned. These are the reports for 2017, 2016.

But hey, not all decisions need to be made with the head.
Old 24th March 2017, 16:31   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
In case if anyone interested in a specs comparison between Compass, Tiguan & Kodiak.

XUV mentioned here will make it easier to compare/understand the vehicle dimensions.

Excellent share!
May I request if you could add in the Yeti too please with its relevant figures?
It will really help some of us make an informed comparo!
Thanks!
Old 24th March 2017, 17:00   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
MOPAR is the authorized service & parts centre for all Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, RAM & now FIAT brands. Their aftersales service is good but a bit on the expensive side once the warranty expires (same with all US makes - Ford, GM etc.). Here in the UAE, all Jeeps come with a 5 year 100,000 KM free service warranty.

ZF9 transmissions are used mainly in Cherokee, Chrysler 200C, Renegade & RAM ProMaster cars.

2014 and above Grand Cherokees run on ZF8 transmission. Compass sold in the international markets use CVT transmission.

I do not think Jeep will take the risk of installing ZF9 transmission on India made Jeep Compass. They had a host of issues like slow shifting, stuck 3rd gear, shifting from 2nd to 3rd with a thud, various software issues to name a few. However, they claim to have ironed out these issues with their latest software updates.
Old 24th March 2017, 17:39   #150
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post

Thanks for the specs. Looking at it, XUV still looks good in terms of dimensions. Infact Compass could be a little tiny in front of XUV. I am looking forward to seeing this in flesh so that i can make my mind for the replacement of my almost 6 years old XUV

Last edited by nitinralli : 24th March 2017 at 17:40.
Closed Thread