Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 9th November 2016, 00:53   #1
BHPian

Default Tata Motors: C-segment sedan in the works

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/busin...the-works.html

This car is going to compete with Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Skoda Rapid, Maruti Ciaz Volkswagen Vento and the Fiat Linea.

Mods: Please merge if it is already discussed.
airbender is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 08:53   #2
BHPian

Default re: Tata Motors: C-segment sedan in the works

In the Geneva motor show 2009, a concept saloon named Pr1ma was unveiled by Tata. This was designed by Pininfarina. I wonder if they are developing the same. Link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_Pr1ma
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 09:38   #3
BHPian

Default re: Tata Motors: C-segment sedan in the works

I am not sure how reliable that article is. The Prima concept was built on the old Indigo platform. While the concept looked absolutely gorgeous, Tata needs to develop a new platform for its new-gen models. Also, I haven't heard about any such models from my friends in TaMo.

Currently it should focus on brand-building with its new offerings such as Hexa, Tiago, Kite and Nexon. In the background, it should develop the new-gen Safari and that too quickly. It should also phase out the Sumo and get a low cost replacement for it to compete with the Bolero. Similarly, Indica should be out and Bolt should soldier on in the fleet market.
ashis89 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 11:23   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Tata Motors: C-segment sedan in the works

Mod Note: Thread closed. Let's wait for a more reliable source of information before continuing the discussion.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread