Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2017, 14:05   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 97
Thanked: 168 Times
Default re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

The basis for NEXA currently is whether a model is a global model. Baleno, Ignis, S-Cross are all models sold in EU as well. The introduction of Ciaz is a mystery although it does sell in Russia. Celerio does not qualify because it was launched before NEXA concept was envisaged and is any way el cheapo.
Carma2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 14:08   #47
BHPian
 
drsingh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 663
Thanked: 446 Times
Default re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

Ciaz will move up the premium chain to make way for the next generation Dzire.
drsingh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 14:37   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 213
Thanked: 424 Times
Default re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

I for one don't think Ciaz will be removed from regular Maruti dealerships. On the other hand, there might be some variants which will be made Nexa exclusives, like the 1.6 l diesel engine. Some other features to differentiate may be cruise control, sunroof, drls, 6 airbags, lumbar support etc. Basically there would be some features that an urban customer is more interested in than the semi urban/rural and those features will trickle down the Nexa variant.

Its hard to fathom Ciaz being completely removed from one dealership and added to another. Would lead to a lot of confusion to a car that is selling well.
autorahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 17:11   #49
BHPian
 
Prodigy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 390
Thanked: 228 Times
Default re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

Maruti definitely needs to bring better Petrol and Diesel engines in Ciaz to compete with 2017 Honda City / Verna Face-lift.

Else, I believe the customer base will slowly start drifting away from Ciaz.
Prodigy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 21:11   #50
BHPian
 
PrasannaDhana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Trichy
Posts: 646
Thanked: 1,688 Times
Default re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

We enthusiasts can never be satisfied. Manufacturers like Fiat, Ford and Volkswagen sell wonderful cars that are fun and involving to drive.

But the market does not care about handling, shaving seconds off the trackday lap times, or dragstrip-worthy acceleration.

Sleep inducing, underpowered Ciaz sells 1:100(punto abarth), 1:5(Vento/Rapid/GT twins). Maruti is not going to make enthusiast-oriented cars no matter how much we whine about it. All they care is sales, and with 52% of entire sales, they wouldnt care less.

Shifting ciaz to Nexa completely will be a blunder. Having ciaz in both showrooms(different engines) is also against Nexa concept. May be, have two ciaz diesel variants at Maruti showrooms, else lose sales.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 9th February 2017 at 21:15.
PrasannaDhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 21:28   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,647
Thanked: 1,957 Times
Default re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Manufacturers like Fiat, Ford and Volkswagen sell wonderful cars that are fun and involving to drive
About VW - A car can go over a hump, but VW & Skoda are the only cars that have a hump inside their cars!! Extremely difficult to move in the rear from one side to another due to this!!

Fiat - When we went to TD a car in Anna Nagar, the entire showroom went missing!! Instead we saw, VW coming up

Ford - Yes, they're improving no doubt; the other day I happened to hear a Figo's engine noise & it was worse than Tata Indica!! But that's old Figo, not sure how a new Figo will hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
But the market does not care about handling, shaving seconds off the trackday lap times, or dragstrip-worthy acceleration
Abarth Punto is performance oriented car, but, what's the kind of support we get? What do most people here say? OVERPRICED!! And VW GTI? Less said better!! Pity the "lucky" 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Maruti is not going to make enthusiast-oriented cars no matter how much we whine about it. All they care is sales, and with 52% of entire sales, they wouldnt care less
No, they won't; goal of any company is to make money; they'll not change the strategy unless there's a shift in customer's taste. Unless the fuel prices touch something like Rs 50 per liter or so, we're not going to see performance oriented cars. And even if the FE is improved by leaps & bounds with performance, they're not going to be affordable either.
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 22:16   #52
BHPian
 
arvind71181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TN-14
Posts: 730
Thanked: 682 Times
Default re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
The basis for NEXA currently is whether a model is a global model. Baleno, Ignis, S-Cross are all models sold in EU as well. The introduction of Ciaz is a mystery although it does sell in Russia. Celerio does not qualify because it was launched before NEXA concept was envisaged and is any way el cheapo.
But by this logic then the swift should be a NEXA model right? NEXA = supposedly premium experience is what they wanted it to be. They have not entirely succeeded in doing that though.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2017, 01:47   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
carwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bardez, Goa
Posts: 1,185
Thanked: 995 Times
Default

I am surprised and confused after reading your post.

You start by saying 'its simple' while its actually anything but simple.

You are also saying that Brezza is kept with non-Nexa dealers to keep them happy means they can predict well that it will be a runaway success. It says a lot about Maruti.

I haven't heard or read anywhere that Baleno which is supposed to take on i20 is of low quality, so surprised at your evaluation. Its lighter in weight than competition but is certainly not of low quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Its simple. If they think a product can command better premium or sell higher in Nexa; they will place it in Nexa and vice-versa...
... Brezza can fit everywhere tier-1, 2, rural; so MS standard dealership will do fine + non-Nexa dealers also need to be kept happy by getting a runaway success model.

And if the low quality Baleno can make it in Nexa; Ciaz surely does sit fine.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2017, 03:28   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 97
Thanked: 168 Times
Default re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
But by this logic then the swift should be a NEXA model right? NEXA = supposedly premium experience is what they wanted it to be. They have not entirely succeeded in doing that though.
The next generation Swift is likely to be NEXA as per rumours I heard from people in Suzuki.
The success of NEXA lies in the word premium being associated with Maruti. The cars you see today in NEXA are definitely not going to be the lineup for the future. But once the concept of premium is firmly introduced into consumer minds, Suzuki can then dream of making and overpricing vehicles like Crysta or Creta.
I know people think Ignis is already overpriced. Believe me it is not. It's a Suzuki global make car without corners being cut. That's a normal price for such a car.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2017, 07:17   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 9,430
Thanked: 14,124 Times
Default re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
The introduction of Ciaz is a mystery although it does sell in Russia.
CIAZ/ ALIVIO is also sold in China , Indonesia, etc and does qualify as being 'Global'.
Name:  11111.JPG
Views: 5077
Size:  42.2 KB

Source- leftlane
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2017, 08:08   #56
BHPian
 
BoneCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MFP
Posts: 898
Thanked: 1,259 Times
Default re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Ciaz will move up the premium chain to make way for the next generation Dzire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
I for one don't think Ciaz will be removed from regular Maruti dealerships. On the other hand, there might be some variants which will be made Nexa exclusives, like the 1.6 l diesel engine. Some other features to differentiate may be cruise control, sunroof, drls, 6 airbags, lumbar support etc. Basically there would be some features that an urban customer is more interested in than the semi urban/rural and those features will trickle down the Nexa variant.

Its hard to fathom Ciaz being completely removed from one dealership and added to another. Would lead to a lot of confusion to a car that is selling well.
There are very good chances of this. As per my source, the new D'zire is over 4 meters and it's production has started with a launch in April/May. So if it's more than 4 meters, then having 2 full size sedans under one roof might not be a good idea. Cross posting from other thread for reference.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4141292 (Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post

Shifting ciaz to Nexa completely will be a blunder. Having ciaz in both showrooms(different engines) is also against Nexa concept. May be, have two ciaz diesel variants at Maruti showrooms, else lose sales.
I guess even if they follow this by keeping Ciaz at both showrooms, it could be a stop gap arrangement and Ciaz might be shifted totally to Nexa once new engines are ready.
BoneCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2017, 08:49   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 97
Thanked: 168 Times
Default re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

@Volkman10: Yes, Suzuki does sell Ciaz / Alivio in Asia but in Suzuki parlance, if a car isn't selling in Europe and Japan, then it isn't Global. Earlier, it used to include USA as well but now, it's just Europe.
Carma2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 17:36   #58
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,090
Thanked: 25,428 Times
Default re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

The 2017 Ciaz facelift has started to arrive at dealership stockyards, as per these fresh scoop pics by a GaadiWaadi spy.

Quote:
Just ahead of the facelift’s launch, Maruti Suzuki seems to have dropped the variant as well as Maruti Suzuki badge from the premium Ciaz sedan as you can see from the pictures posted.
It does have the SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) badge though, understandably, as the Indo-Japanese pair has managed to cross over one lakh units of sales cumulatively with Ciaz and Ertiga since September 2015 equipped with the same technology.
Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-marutisuzukiandvariantemblemdroppedfromciaz2.jpg

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-marutisuzukiandvariantemblemdroppedfromciaz.jpg

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-marutisuzukiandvariantemblemdroppedfromciaz1.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 18:24   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 173
Thanked: 124 Times
Default re: Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The 2017 Ciaz facelift has started to arrive at dealership stockyards, as per these fresh scoop pics by a GaadiWaadi spy.
What are the chances of Ciaz facelift launching with Boosterjet (tuned to a higher state than Baleno RS) equipped with a six speed auto? This will set the market on fire and will make it extremely difficult for Honda iVTEC CVT or Vento TSI. As they say, the rest have to 'go fish'.
bhaskaracs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 18:38   #60
BHPian
 
himanshu_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 246
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
What are the chances of Ciaz facelift launching with Boosterjet (tuned to a higher state than Baleno RS) equipped with a six speed auto? This will set the market on fire and will make it extremely difficult for Honda iVTEC CVT or Vento TSI. As they say, the rest have to 'go fish'.
I guess April isn't too far to wait and watch. Though bets are on the 1.5L NA which puts out 99PS and 133Nm of torque coupled to a manual and a ?CVT automatic transmission. The same motor might be an option on the S-Cross facelift scheduled to come later this year.
himanshu_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Ciaz'ed Ownership Review - My Maruti Ciaz ZDi PrasannaDhana Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 92 7th August 2017 18:00
Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars Aditya The Indian Car Scene 49 27th July 2017 00:45
Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars tbppjpr The Indian Car Scene 420 3rd July 2017 16:27
Paddle shifts on Indian cars - will it work? Shan2nu The Indian Car Scene 54 5th January 2009 10:04
VW Passat 3.6 V6 (with Paddle Shifts) amit Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 19 21st February 2006 12:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:57.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks