Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 7th December 2016, 17:14   #16
BHPian

Default Re: November 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

• Toyota – Shows how perception can do wonders. See the numbers Crysta and Fortuner are selling. Etios does some respectable numbers. Got to see on their 2017 launches – Vios?
I would like to believe that Innova production was slightly reduced to accommodate the production of the Fortuner.

I doubt the current gen Vios is going to be launched in India. I have a feeling that only the next gen Vios maybe sold here.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 17:21   #17
BHPian

As an owner, I am positively surprised by Zest’s numbers in recent months due to following factors.

There is a clear trend that buyers are moving towards hatchbacks from compact sedans. (look at I20 v/s Xcent and Jazz v/s Amaze).

Quadra Jet Diesel 90ps engine is no longer offered in value for money XMS variant and 75ps may significantly underperform if compared with competition (Aspire/Amaze/Dzire/Baleno) due to less power to weight ratio.

In comparison with Xcent and Dzire, Zest still has very less presence in commercial segment. Xcent has almost become first choice here.

Although Zest’s sales number may not look very good but at least It is able to hold some ground unlike Aspire which deserves better.

Last edited by GTO : 8th December 2016 at 11:34. Reason: Language & typos
Vishal.R is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 7th December 2016, 18:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody know specifics on what happened to the new Figo with a whopping 82% monthly drop?
Old 7th December 2016, 21:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Does anybody know specifics on what happened to the new Figo with a whopping 82% monthly drop?
Demand for Figo is very poor. Most of the dealers have inventory. Thanks to demonetization and year end, figo has taken a bad hit.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 21:26   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra sales show some surprises. Their bread winner for them continue to be the Scorpio and the Bolero. Luckily, they did not kill the Scorpio when they launched the XUV 500 in 2011 like TKM did with the Qualis. And luckily for TKM, the Innova still rocks, but not the XUV 500 here.

It is proved that the KUV 100 (name sounds like a 100 cc bike - CD 100, AX 100, KB 100 and so on ) and the TUV 300 have settled to sales of around 1000 units viz.1183 and 1357 units respectively. These three cylinder engine powered, mini SUV's (especially the TUV 300) have been mauled by the Breeza and Creta onslaught.

Also the XUV 500 is down at 1069 units - a surprise from its steady sales of 3000 plus units till a few months ago. The Xylo is at 360 units, very near the Verito/Vibe at 291 units.

The NuvoSport at 63 units sold, is again another bad sales-performer from the Mahindra range.

The irony is that Mahindra's breadwinners are both ageing and getting outdated, despite the makeups being applied from time to time and with the recetnly launched newbies going nowhere, the company which has been overtaken by Tata Motors, being relegated to the no. 4 slot, has ample reasons to worry.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 7th December 2016 at 21:28.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 23:12   #21
BHPian

Amazing that with so many international brands around, Maruti manages >50% market share.

Wishing to see the Toyota Vios soon in India. Etios sales might pick up with the extended warranty option of upto 7 years. This extended warranty scheme is really a confidence booster.

Ford might do better after the facelift of Ecosport.

Honda may have to review their pricing strategy to rev up their sales.
DImPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 23:39   #22
BHPian

Interesting to note that the quiet, or should I say dormant, Mitsubishi has stopped the Pajero Sport production for the past two months. The chrome dazzled new Pajero sports to be introduced soon?

It will be New Fortuner VS New Pajero Sports vs Ford Endeavour!

I feel it will be an exciting time, if you are in market for a SUV!

Last edited by Ajay_the_Don : 7th December 2016 at 23:40. Reason: spelling
Old 8th December 2016, 07:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
Like others said, this is not the month where we can comment about the sales of a specific manufacturers. If moderators can provide a quarterly report, then that could give some good idea of how the sales vary, before and after demonetization.
The clearest idea will be known after January, the dispatches of November, December and new year January can be taken as weighted average due to this demonetisation anomaly. Personally I hope the sales stay low for a year or so, there's scope for decongestion of crowded cities in this manner.

The dispatches of November will have been partially dependent on Sept/Oct bookings, and the dispatches on Dec will be partially to clear stock by way of year end discounts (which still aren't huge enough by the way) and January is also known to have high sales because most of the unsold stock of previous year, combined with the new stock of the new year is sold on the first month and hence dispatches will be high.

As for the trend, it is everything I expected - stereotypical (almost to the point of exact numbers with a general 25% dip where pre-bookings aren't involved). Personally though, I'd love to see a shake-up in terms of buyer preferences which last longer than a month than just be an anomaly, not happening, Indians love what they love and that's it.

I'm happy with the present scene of things, a shake-up in the industry was necessary.. only when really pushed into a corner will automobile manufacturers come out with better packaging and the current money fracas will have them go back to the strategy board on how to repackage the same product better in order in terms of value or pricing to flirt with the buyer's imagination all over again. A few months of low sales should do this.
dark.knight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 10:33   #24
BHPian

I do believe the impact of demonetisation can truly be known during Feb-Mar 2017 sales period. All the top performers command a good waiting period of 8+ weeks. We need to reject December sales as I believe every manufacturer will take a huge hit as seen every year. January will be the final deliveries of vehicles bought before 8th November.

The real slump in figures for many vehicles is because of the rural sales figures taking a hit which usually are in cash dealings.
rajess_in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 10:41   #25
BHPian

All manufacturers except Maruti seem to have borne the "Demonetization" with some pinch of salt. Apparently, Honda has taken the biggest hit during the last month. The BR-V sales have fallen steeply where as the City continues its roller coaster ride by hitting the trough this month. Ciaz continues performing consistently and unfazed of the monthly “Jump” and “Fall” of the City, whilst the Verna continues its southward journey to meet its old back bencher friend Linea.

The KUV and TUV brothers from Mahindra also seems to have been hit badly as they have each lost more than 50% of the previous month sales.

Shocked. The cumulative sales of three manufacturers viz., Fiat, Skoda and Nissan fall short of even 1000 numbers, wonder how they would manage to survive in future given the upcoming fierce competition.
King_pin09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 10:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Amaze - 1971
Brio - 202
BRV - 419
Mobilio - 101

2693 vehicles pushed out of the Honda factory across 4 Nameplates originating from one platform. What a colossal failure! This platform did more bad than good for Honda.

Unlike Ford, which is unable to sell the competent Figo twins, there's no regret for the Brio quadruples. These deserve to be flops.
kiku007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 11:46   #27
BHPian

Duster is set to make a grand entry into 3 digit sales in 2017, even the fat discounts have not helped its sales. Chevrolet is least bothered with its performance, we have not seen any significant change in their offerings from 2012. It is sad to see Figo a real VFM car going down without any recognition.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 12:43   #28
BHPian

The Fortuner numbers are for the new face-lifted Fortuner or the old Fortuner? My guess is that it's for the Old Fortuner as the new ones sale has not started in earnest in the month of November.
Or is the new Fortuner leaving the factory as demo vehicles for the different Toyota showrooms across the country? 3 variants x the no of showrooms?
Old 8th December 2016, 13:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Fortuner numbers are for the new face-lifted Fortuner or the old Fortuner?
New one of course, old ones are out of production and sold out since long.
Quote:
I would like to believe that Innova production was slightly reduced to accommodate the production of the Fortuner.
They have seen the demand of Innova tapering off already. I believe their combined capacity for this platform is 8000-9000
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 13:58   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Demand for Figo is very poor. Most of the dealers have inventory. Thanks to demonetization and year end, figo has taken a bad hit.
Actually, I have been helping my friend buy a Figo Diesel and we visited two dealerships in Hyd, Mody and Vibrant. As soon as we told the sales executive at Mody that we are looking for Figo, he immediately said that he cant give it before January as there are no allotments from the factory and that production is focused on EcoSport for now. At Vibrant, they said they have only white in stock and that others colors will only be available towards end of Jan. But because I know him (I bought my Aspire there), he promised to get back on 15th on which other color he can make available by end of month. Hoping for good news.
croupier is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread