Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th February 2017, 11:57   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 0.75% discount for those who buy petrol and diesel using cards

I use AMEX at Indian Oil outlets and that gets me a 3% cashback. After adjusting for card charges it is around 1% cashback
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 12:54   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I use AMEX at Indian Oil outlets and that gets me a 3% cashback. After adjusting for card charges it is around 1% cashback

There is an ongoing offer of 3% cashback in addition to surcharge waiver at HP outlets on Amex cards.

FYI, offer is only valid till February 28, 2017 and you will need to enrol for it:

https://offerenroll.americanexpress....&om_rid=AAAAAA

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 9th February 2017 at 12:55.
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 19:50   #108
BHPian

Hi, you guys getting the 0.75% cash back ? I'm getting nothing for past 2 months for using icici debit cards at Hp bunks, who has formers swipe machines. Mailed icici customer care & they goofily say to contact the merchant, ie., HP (or is it the bunks?) in this case. I don't trust icici on this. What do I do? Can any one please suggest. TIA.
Rennjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 20:23   #109
BHPian

I stopped using credit or debit cards directly to pay for fuel because of the limits the bankers are putting.

1) SBI says 1% surcharge on fuel usage but it is rolled back if the fuel bill is 500/- to 3000/- but that roll back is limited to 100/- a month.

2) ICICI says no surcharge (2.5%) if fuel bill per time is not more than 3000/- but that surcharge reversal is also limited to 100/- a month and the card has to be used at only HP and on a ICICI machine.

One thing i noticed at multiple HP fuel stations is that they keep the ICICI machine far away and only when you say i want ICICI machine they turn it on and then swipe. The whole process takes at-least 10 minutes.

I started using paytm to pay for fuel at the HP fuel stations. No surcharge by bankers and cash back (0.75%) is instant. I don't keep anything more than 100/- in paytm, the moment the car is filled i add the bill amount to paytm and pay off. It takes me less than 2 minutes to do so.

Last edited by mjumrani : 8th May 2017 at 20:24. Reason: Typo fixed
mjumrani is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 22:28   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
I stopped using credit or debit cards directly to pay for fuel because of the limits the bankers are putting.
Get a card with sufficient reversal limits. Regular cards have lower limit, but there are many others with sufficient limit.

Also, the minimum purchase limit for the waiver being applicable should be fine most of the time - unless one is filling less than 4.5 litres.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 22:39   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Get a card with sufficient reversal limits. Regular cards have lower limit, but there are many others with sufficient limit.
Why pay premium for those specific cards. Paying yearly charges for credit or debit card seems pointless to me. I have SBI, Standard Chartered top of the line cards given by them for free but still those cards have limits specifically for fuel. Paytm works like charm and I always use HP fuel.
mjumrani is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 23:44   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why pay premium for those specific cards. Paying yearly charges for credit or debit card seems pointless to me. I have SBI, ....
I have a SBI card too. Not paid, yet I get sufficient surcharge waiver.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 10:07   #113
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why pay premium for those specific cards. Paying yearly charges for credit or debit card seems pointless to me. I have SBI, Standard Chartered top of the line cards given by them for free but still those cards have limits specifically for fuel. Paytm works like charm and I always use HP fuel.
Iam using Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium card for the past 4 years. It completely waives fuel surcharge and in addition gives a cash back of 2.5%. Total cash back including fuel surcharge waiver is limited to Rs 200/ PM. Which means a person can fill fuel worth Rs 4000/PM and get Rs 100/ as cash back without any fuel surcharge. Now stan chart sent an SMS stating fuel surcharge waiver will be 1%( as per GOI latest orders, Fuel surcharge is capped at 1%) and 4% cash back. Total per month will be Rs 200/-
Not paid any annual fee on this card in the past three years.

HDFC will also waive fuel surcharge but service tax is levied. Fuel surcharge waiver is limited to Rs 500/- pm for Regalia card, which offered to me as lifetime free card

Amex gives full fuel surcharge waiver + 3% cash back at HP fuel pumps till 30th September, 2017, again a lifetime free card

Iam regularly getting the 0.75% cash back from Bank

Last edited by rkg : 9th May 2017 at 10:08.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote