Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
Old 30th October 2008, 14:20   #511
Default Linea Monte Bianco

source: Italiaspeed.com

Star of the Fiat Linea line-up at the São Paolo Motor Show this week is a version painted in a special white pearl color, with blue pigments and equipped with 17 inch wheels, an aerodynamic bodykit and other official accessories.

Star of the Fiat Linea line-up at the São Paolo Motor Show this week is a special eye-catching version. Within a development based on Fiat accessory line, Linea Monte Bianco shows, in part, the personalizing option using only the Genuine Accessories developed by Fiat Automoveis. Those are items specially idealized for the model just launched in the Brazilian market.

Painted in the special white pearl color, with blue pigments, Linea Monte Bianco is equipped with 17 inches of diameter Wheels that give an aspect of great sport look to the vehicle. Still in the outside, it received a Fiat aerodynamic kit – front spoiler, lateral mini-skirts, among others – and personalized door sills. The headlight lamps with black mask are blue vision and the strobe lamps are fume.

Besides the Fiat Genuine Accessories line, the Linea Monte Bianco interior, as well as the seats, received an ultra-leather and ultra-suede lining, always matching two shades of beige. A DVD player on the roof completes the items of comfort of the car.

Personalizing a model with Fiat Genuine Accessories provides extreme guarantee for clients since all the items have been specially developed for that specific model. The original characteristics of the car are preserved with fast and safe installation and guarantee is covered for one year. Every Fiat Genuine Accessory has a minimum of six month test at the engineering laboratories of the company. The engine is the same that furnishes the top version of Linea, the 1.4 T – Jet, with supercharger that develops 152 bhp power at 5,500 rpm and 21.1 kgfm maximum torque between 2,250 to 4,500 rpm.
Attached Images
Old 30th October 2008, 14:43   #512
Senior - BHPian

This is super class! Pales even the likes of Civic, Corolla Altis, Laura etc!!!
Old 30th October 2008, 14:52   #513

Looks kewl! A bit loud but nice.
Many good tips and hints for any future Linea owner can look forward when he wants to mod his car.
But pale a Civic/Laura/Altis?
Old 30th October 2008, 14:58   #514
Senior - BHPian

It needs a 2 ltr engine. Else will be down in the chi-chi stakes.
Old 30th October 2008, 15:06   #515
Senior - BHPian

The Linea Monte Bianco looks awesome!

Btw! Why are you guys so much disappointed with FIAT. Did you all receive any official communication from FIAT about a tentative date for the Linea's soft launch or hard launch or any launch.

It was all pure SPECULATION by the Media & so called Insiders of Fiat.

There is a information on the FIAT website which is now official that the Linea is coming in December. Well if the Linea doesnt come in December there is a reason justified for all disappointment with FIAT.
Old 30th October 2008, 15:06   #516
Senior - BHPian

Linea looks awesome!

Finally, we will have some good looking cars on our roads!
Old 30th October 2008, 15:40   #517

That car does look impressive, actually the profile looks very similar to the Civic in that sporty trim. Love the shiny black center console in the interior pic. Would have preferred carbon or black coloured alloys to these white ones.

It may not have a 1.8 to 2.0 L engine. But it generates more power and torque than either the Corolla Altis or the Civic.
Old 30th October 2008, 16:21   #518

Great to hear a date from Fiat at last! Eagerly awaiting what is perhaps the most eagerly awaited car in the recent times! The car looks awesome to say the least! One customer in our family for sure - I'm pushing my Uncle to exchange his Siena. ( And what a solid car that was, very underrated!)
Old 30th October 2008, 16:23   #519
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful looker. Well lets see how they surprise us or am i thinking shock us.

As someone did say they deserve the prize for keeping us here waiting for a year. No idea what joy they are getting as they aint making money from me waiting though
Old 30th October 2008, 16:44   #520

One of the sales manager of TATA motors dealer, Hyderabad told me that the Linea MJD would be priced around 9L and expected to be less than G3HC auto transmission model by around 10,000/-. He also told me that the training is going on for sales and service teams on Linea and is coming with 1.6L MJD.cheers:

If the above is true then it would be a great deal.
Old 30th October 2008, 17:32   #521

Spotted two Linea's back to back on Nagar road in Pune. Were being tested on road.

The color on them dint attract any attention though, and thats the reason it is colored that way. Black and white stripes.
Old 30th October 2008, 18:34   #522
Team-BHP Support

I like the look of this car. I really do. The front and rear looks are good and the side-on view is just stunning. For enthusiasts, Fiat should make the spoilers and white alloys available as optional extras. The interiors are alright. What I don't like are those stupid quarter glasses on the front doors. Many manufacturers have brought them back on their cars - Maruti, Honda, etc. Just hate them.
Anyway, it's still a good looking car. Hope its looks are backed up with some really good engines and better A.S.S. Otherwise, we shall see another worthy product being let down.
Old 30th October 2008, 19:23   #523

That is one good looking car for sure. Some how I cannot take skirts for all the cars, but on this car it makes the car look even better. The interior is also good and nice.

Hope FIAT provides all those things as optionals atleast.

I've been waiting for this car from a very long time and when I'm not going to take a new car, FIAT has finally decided to launch

Last edited by mezereo : 30th October 2008 at 19:26.
Old 30th October 2008, 21:32   #524
Senior - BHPian

The exterior looks fabulous no doubt however i get the feeling the interior is a little crampy. Maybe its because of the legroom which does not look great in the pic. though interior has a very rich look to it.
Old 30th October 2008, 22:18   #525

Still nobody at my office has got any clue about the Linea , when i say something about it the managers and all go ...oh is that so .I just hope that they give us some proper training at least on the product.
Closed Thread