Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 1st November 2006, 14:15   #46
BHPian

Guys!!!!

I dont think the grand punto sedan will have the price range of 5-7 lacs.. as with what i remember they were thinking of bringing in the punto hatchback version between 6-7 lacs..
It will be costlier and might go head - to - head with City both in price as well as placing and may be even costlier..

Gagan
Old 1st November 2006, 19:49   #47
Senior - BHPian

The punto at anything above 5.5 Lacs will become a collectors item.
Old 14th November 2006, 21:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Check-out the Fiat Linea on display:

Looks awesome for sure, can't wait its launch in India!

Last edited by finneyp : 14th November 2006 at 21:01.
Old 14th November 2006, 23:19   #49
BHPian

guys i was watching live telecast of paksitan v/s westindies match today, and they displayed a car meant for "player of the series" i could not belive it was liena, alloys were different as shown in the obove link of "youtube."
overall it looked very impressive. in corolla category atleast. has it been released in paksitan? man it surely is a mouthwatering prospect.
Old 14th November 2006, 23:33   #50
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Linea in the metal.

Rohit a member in the PUG forum posted this link and Finney to has posted it. Thanks to them both. Have a look and judge for yourself. This is my next car for sure the day its released if it comes with the 1.9JTD engine. I am a diehard torque fan. Bye and wear your seat belts.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 14th November 2006 at 23:41.
Old 17th October 2007, 15:38   #51
BHPian

I'm putting off my purchase for Optra Magnum diesel to wait for linea. AutoCar India :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE :: mentioned that it is coming by the end of 2007. Keeping fingers crosed whether they would give that 1.9JTD or not, though some have expressed the unlikeliness. The link Fiat Linea also mentions about the 120 bhp 1.4 16v Turbo from the new T-Jet family. This will be good enough for me if they save some money for me compared to the Optra Magnum.
Old 17th October 2007, 17:24   #52
Senior - BHPian

operando, there is not gonna be any 1.9 Linea in India, so its not worth the wait.
Old 17th October 2007, 17:36   #53
BHPian

And its not gonna be end of 2007.. at least july 08 it is..
Old 17th October 2007, 20:54   #54
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
9 L for a car this size and with a 1.9 Multijet sounds great. that and charateristic FIAT road manners will make the car a winner. This baby could be serious competition to Verna, Elantra and Octavia.
You are ignoring the power, reach and pull of the fiat brand here.

Seriously, how many people will spend 9L on a fiat car - with really no service or spare support?
Old 17th October 2007, 21:39   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Seriously, how many people will spend 9L on a fiat car - with really no service or spare support?
Please don't talk rubbish! I assume you don't have any ownership experience of a Fiat car!

I own a Palio for the past 3.5 years & I have got proper Service with Spares too!
Now with Fiat-Tata alliance, you can expect much better Service for Fiat cars.
Old 17th October 2007, 21:48   #56
BHPian

I was really waiting for Fiat Linea. I was fascinated about the executive look once it was released in Turkey. Initially it was told to be around 8L for diesel, but later it became 9L. Because of the budget I didn't consider it.
Old 17th October 2007, 22:14   #57
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Please don't talk rubbish! I assume you don't have any ownership experience of a Fiat car!

I own a Palio for the past 3.5 years & I have got proper Service with Spares too!
Now with Fiat-Tata alliance, you can expect much better Service for Fiat cars.
You must be a fiat employee...

my uncle owned a fiat Uno. one of the very first buyers and really liked the car. However, one day a headlight got damaged and the entire assembly needed to be replaced. Fiat sent the assembly after 1 month..so my uncle couldnt drive his car in late evenings/early mornings/nights at all.

But lets not have a verdict based on 1 case. There are other threads on tBHP which talk of fiat not being able to provide spares for months altogether. i think there is a thread where fiat has sent spares after 6 months. Search and you will find them.

Also is tata manufacturing spares for fiat cars and are they assuring fiat owners of spares delivery within a reasonable time? i think tata is only going to change some oils/coolants and maybe tighten some loose screws, but nothing more than that.
Old 17th October 2007, 22:28   #58
Senior - BHPian

Am not a Fiat employee, just a owner of a Fiat car!

Yes, Fiat Service is not that good as Maruti or Hyundai, but definitly it is improving! You can't expect them to turnaround overnight!

But sweeping statements like 'really no Service' is too much to handle!
Old 17th October 2007, 22:40   #59
BHPian

Talking about service:
Lets not discuss any further as this thread could lead to a FIAT service thread..which is not the intention.

My experience:

1st Service at 1200 KMS
Service was done by TATA Motors at Hosur Road, A minor wiper damage was spotted and after a conversation with the service manager. The wiper was replaced free of charge.
Cost of first service = 0
Although not very happy...they did their part

2nd Service at 5700 KMS
Was done at Manipal motors. Extremely happy with their service. The only complaint was they had run in 15 KMS on the ODO..when I did not want any test drives taken.
Cost of service = Rs. 1200

Meanwhile, I had an issue with the headlamp...within 5 mts..it was attented and handled.
Another service station of FIAT which is doing very well is Green cars. Ketan (T-BHP member) regularly gives his car there and finds the service to be very good.

So its a matter of finding the right set of people.
Old 18th October 2007, 10:43   #60
BHPian

Has the 1.4 16V turbo jet petrol engine joined Linea in any country? I did a lot googling and couldn't find one that says that it is already available. How about this 1.4 16V turbo petrol engine in Punto. It seems to be already available in Europe. Will it come to India with the same engine? Anyone has some insight into these?
Closed Thread