Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 18:44   #661
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I'm sure FiAT will stick to 2008 this time at least.
Oh well there goes the latest date of Nov 23.

Why dont we just stop talking about this and open the thread after they actually get around to launching it?
Steeroid is offline  
Old 18th November 2008, 18:54   #662
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Oh well there goes the latest date of Nov 23.
To be fair, all the possible launch dates (and features, variants and engine options!) including the Nov 23 one were through 'sources.' The official line is a December launch and Fiat launched the Stile and Stile MJD right on the dates mentioned so this time round, we can confidently trust Fiat with the December launch timeframe.
amit is offline  
Old 18th November 2008, 20:53   #663
BHPian
 
Path_Finder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 623
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
To be fair, all the possible launch dates (and features, variants and engine options!) including the Nov 23 one were through 'sources.' The official line is a December launch and Fiat launched the Stile and Stile MJD right on the dates mentioned so this time round, we can confidently trust Fiat with the December launch timeframe.
Correct. I also feel so. And it sounds logical too. Launch in December 2nd half Ė deliveries by Jan with 2009 models only.
Path_Finder is offline  
Old 18th November 2008, 21:16   #664
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pune
Posts: 2,088
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Why dont we just stop talking about this and open the thread after they actually get around to launching it?
Amen!

There is more gossip about this car/Fiat than Bollywood couples.
RX135 is offline  
Old 18th November 2008, 21:40   #665
BHPian
 
wanderlustindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 584
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

With all the gossip/scoops/sources etc etc. the car better be good. Else Fiat will have a tough time selling it. It has generated a sort of hysteria no car has in recent memory. Look forward to the launch. Amen!
wanderlustindia is offline  
Old 19th November 2008, 01:38   #666
BHPian
 
nishant_kingpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 334
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Oh well there goes the latest date of Nov 23.

Why dont we just stop talking about this and open the thread after they actually get around to launching it?
Absolutely agreed. I think with all the high expectations that we seem to be having with this car, even minor mismatch on expectations may not be taken lightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Amen!

There is more gossip about this car/Fiat than Bollywood couples.
It is never ending and seems to be going on and on. Its probably time to relax our anxiety.

Last edited by nishant_kingpin : 19th November 2008 at 01:40.
nishant_kingpin is offline  
Old 19th November 2008, 01:58   #667
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Ground clearance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
But what will be the impact with low gc
Ground clearance is 165 mm!
And this is not my assumption. :swearing smilie
speedzak is offline  
Old 19th November 2008, 08:41   #668
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Remember that the Octavia has a GC of just 135mm. Whether or not a car beaches on "speed breakers" (I call 'em mountains) depends on the suspension setup and wheelbase as well.

We'll know how well the Linea holds up in Bangalore roads depending on how it's suspension is I guess.
ImmortalZ is offline  
Old 19th November 2008, 10:45   #669
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,430
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Bangalore has some of the worst speed breakers in India I guess. In fact, there are speed breakers even on the highways in Karnataka. I was so used to them until I went on a week's trip to Tamil Nadu and Kerala during Jan time frame. I could not remember crossing any speed breaker on the highway during my entire journey. The moment we encountered speed breakers on the roads, I knew we had entered Karnataka.

I guess Fiat should test Linea in Bangalore before launching it in India. Palio with a short wheelbase and 5mm more ground clearance than Linea bottoms on a few speed breakers in Bangalore. I shudder to think how Linea can cope with this, unless it has a terribly stiff suspension, which I doubt very much.

I am not blaming the manufacturers, but the designers of the roads for this. But, I guess there is nothing much we can do to get the good roads we deserve. If only the manufacturers can account for bad roads to an extent, it will be wonderful.
deepakhon is offline  
Old 19th November 2008, 11:25   #670
BHPian
 
rao_battula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 128
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Ok guys!

The spare parts problems which FiAT India faces in Palio is a truth and I myself and many people I know is going thru this every month. There'll always be exceptions in every case.
We completely agree with scarcity of spares from FIAT. But claiming palio parts go now and then is a lose statement. I think you should provide all the required proofs to claim that. On top of all this, this thread is not about Palio and its spares. Please restrain yourself to Linea and its specs.

-BSR
rao_battula is offline  
Old 19th November 2008, 11:36   #671
BHPian
 
Swifty2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 236
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Bangalore has some of the worst speed breakers in India I guess. In fact, there are speed breakers even on the highways in Karnataka. I was so used to them until I went on a week's trip to Tamil Nadu and Kerala during Jan time frame. I could not remember crossing any speed breaker on the highway during my entire journey. The moment we encountered speed breakers on the roads, I knew we had entered Karnataka.

I guess Fiat should test Linea in Bangalore before launching it in India. Palio with a short wheelbase and 5mm more ground clearance than Linea bottoms on a few speed breakers in Bangalore. I shudder to think how Linea can cope with this, unless it has a terribly stiff suspension, which I doubt very much.

I am not blaming the manufacturers, but the designers of the roads for this. But, I guess there is nothing much we can do to get the good roads we deserve. If only the manufacturers can account for bad roads to an extent, it will be wonderful.
The Marthahalli outerring road has some of the worst. My M800 sufferred the most in these stretches.
Swifty2008 is offline  
Old 19th November 2008, 13:05   #672
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,900
Thanked: 2,492 Times
Default

I agree with Steeroid & others. There is still no official communication about the launch of Linea & we have already speculated more that we should have.

Please PM the support team for opening the thread when there is an official release about the launch of Linea.

Thread Closed
Technocrat is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scoop: Fiat Linea Abarth is coming! Aditya The Indian Car Scene 15 6th January 2016 17:36
Pics: 2004 Jaguar XJ Saloon in Mumbai Stratos Super-Cars & Imports in India 52 11th June 2012 13:14
Poll:The S-Class saloon. merve_extreme The International Automotive Scene 10 20th September 2006 21:27
Test Driven : Audi A6 saloon 3.0 V6 Dippy Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 24 21st August 2006 17:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:13.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks