Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 17:26   #46
BHPian
 
theredliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 465
Thanked: 772 Times
Default Re: Fiat slashes prices of the Punto Evo and Linea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokinetic View Post
Finally got a quote of below 10L from a dealer. Discount offered is only 10k. The dealers quoting more offered free insurance. Anyways the overall cost with ex-showroom under 10L is coming low.

Dealers refusing to offer anymore discount than 10k. Only mud flaps & mats as complimentary accessories. Tried to push hard but no use.
If I were you, I'd wait.
Buying a FIAT is already a big gamble with such doubts about their future.
On top of that, buying an EOL model manufactured in the previous year at just 60k off doesn't make sense. (Many non EOL models with significantly higher sales get higher discounts for previous year units)

The resale of Linea is already terrible. Once the model is stopped or if FIAT shuts shop, it'd become worse. I personally wouldn't settle for anything less than 1L off in this situation. Just my opinion.

PS I'm assuming the variant in question is T-Jet 125S.

Last edited by theredliner : 20th January 2017 at 17:36.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 21:45   #47
BHPian
 
EPMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 268 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokinetic View Post
Dealers refusing to offer anymore discount than 10k. Only mud flaps & mats as complimentary accessories. Tried to push hard but no use.
Yes. Even I'm shopping around for punto evo diesel top end. I couldn't get more than 20k discount. Final price so far i heard is 9 lacks. That too for 2016 model. SA saying 2017 model price will be increased.
EPMV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2017, 14:28   #48
BHPian
 
EPMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 268 Times
Default

I got a update from a dealer that there are feb 16 mfg punto evo 90hp still in stock (the one with 16 inch wheels and all black interiors).
He said that otr price for that is 9.7 and can negotiate to 9. This version doesn't have the touch screen ICE. Is it worth to go for?
If we can fit the new ICE in that old version then, how much we can negotiate for the old stock car?
EPMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2017, 17:11   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 649
Thanked: 637 Times
Default Re: Fiat slashes prices of the Punto Evo and Linea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPMV View Post
I got a update from a dealer that there are feb 16 mfg punto evo 90hp still in stock (the one with 16 inch wheels and all black interiors).
He said that otr price for that is 9.7 and can negotiate to 9. This version doesn't have the touch screen ICE. Is it worth to go for?
If we can fit the new ICE in that old version then, how much we can negotiate for the old stock car?
That's almost a year old. I'd nope it and just move on. You never know what condition it was kept in the yard. While the touch-screen can easily be put in, I'd be more worried about the engine / suspension.
Mad Max is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 10:43   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: mh
Posts: 65
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Fiat slashes prices of the Punto Evo and Linea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPMV View Post
Yes. Even I'm shopping around for punto evo diesel top end. I couldn't get more than 20k discount. Final price so far i heard is 9 lacks. That too for 2016 model. SA saying 2017 model price will be increased.
Despite negligible discount from the dealer, the OTR price is lowest this time compared to the prices quoted in last 2 months. At the end a low OTR is what that matters the most. If your choice is final then the best time to purchase is now. With GST speculated to hit soon, waiting could be a gamble.
prokinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Linea and Punto Prices Increased-2010 brar.arsh The Indian Car Scene 118 12th February 2010 12:39
Toyota slashes Corolla prices by Rs 1 lakh,innova next rahul_intlad The Indian Car Scene 37 25th October 2006 21:59
Lancer slashes prices by 90K Surprise The Indian Car Scene 45 7th November 2005 11:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks