Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 1st February 2017, 17:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Scoop! Maruti's plans for the old & new Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
1. Spread the network.. It was a brilliant move.
I am not sure about the benefits of having a separate NEXA channel, but there is one serious shortcoming-Lack of service points.

NEXA cars cannot be serviced at a normal MASS. Say someone takes his S cross to Ladakh, only to find that the MASS there isn't allowed to work on his car(if any need arises).

Only MSMs and Dealer owned workshops are authorised to service a Nexa car and that IMO is serious shortcoming. So those 200 odd showrooms translate to approx 500 workshops which can effectively take NEXA cars for service, as opposed to an Alto which enjoys support of more than 4000 service stations across India.

Just as an example, my city Ranchi has 10 Maruti workshops.
4 dealer owned, 1 MSM, and 5 normal MASS. Out of these 10, only the 4 dealer workshops and that one MSM can effectively service NEXA cars. Rest 5 MASS aren't even allowed to open a jobcard.

Maruti should think about this too.

Special request to GTO sir and other mods
-Kindly take this issue with Maruti officials whenever you go for a media drive.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 1st February 2017 at 17:44.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2017, 19:59   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Had I been the MD of Maruti Suzuki, I would have had 3 separate branded dealerships -

Maruti Suzuki Dealerships:

For mass market passenger cars. Specifically, for India/Asia specific models. Will display Alto 800, Alto K10, Wagon R, Ciaz, Ertiga, Dzire and Brezza. Covers an entire range of vehicles from hatchbacks to sedans to MPV/SUV at different price points.

Suzuki Dealerships:

Convert a particular percentage of existing dealerships into premium 'Suzuki' ones, with spruced up interiors. Will display European models like Celerio, Swift, Baleno, Ignis and S-Cross. Note that this again covers vehicles at different price points.

Maruti Commercial Dealerships:

No need to mention Suzuki here. Will display Super Carry LCV, Omni, Eeco, Dzire Tour and perhaps Gypsy (with a diesel engine)
smartcat is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 00:49   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Suzuki Dealerships:

Convert a particular percentage of existing dealerships into premium 'Suzuki' ones, with spruced up interiors. Will display European models like Celerio, Swift, Baleno, Ignis and S-Cross. Note that this again covers vehicles at different price points.
Isn't this similar to the NEXA concept anyways? None of their cars like Baleno, S Cross etc carry the Maruti Suzuki logo on their cars.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 11:58   #19
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Isn't this similar to the NEXA concept anyways? None of their cars like Baleno, S Cross etc carry the Maruti Suzuki logo on their cars.
Well, it's not just about the Logo, @smartcat is saying they can sell the Euro/export Spec variants of the cars - that will surely make it look premium.

But the problem with that is, it can cannibalise models - if an Indian spec Swift is available at a regular Maruti Suzuki showroom and an Euro spec Swift is available at the Nexa/Suzuki showroom, it's not going to work well and will leave the customer confused. Hence the Nexa approach with different cars at these dealerships makes sense.

But yes if Nexa offers Baleno, S-Cross and Ignis international spec variants that's something else, but I don't see that happening with so much focus on shedding features on India variants to reduce prices.

While it tries to build an image/branding for itself as a premium offering of Maruti Suzuki cars, Nexa does not market saying these are "real" Suzuki cars (though the Maruti/Maruti Suzuki branding isn't used)

**Does this discussion make more sense in the Nexa thread ?

Last edited by NPV : 2nd February 2017 at 12:00.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2017, 16:53   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

There's been an update! This has been added to the opening post.

Quote:
The final call has yet to be taken in the company, i.e. whether the new Tour will be sub-4 meter or continue to be the old Tour with cosmetic changes viz body coloured bumpers, door handles, fog lamps, wheel caps, front power windows etc.

However, the new Dzire is slated for April. Confirmed.

Dealers across India have been asked to clear stocks of Dzire and Tour by March end.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2017, 23:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

IMO the first gen Dzire is more suited to the taxi market. The higher rear bench plus the larger boot is a perfect fit for this segment. The current gen's rear seat is lower set, plus the boot is more of a namesake.
longhorn is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2017, 07:45   #22
BHPian

Just for information, a manufacturer is quite helpless when it comes to yellow plates. If a customer wants he can straight away go to the RTO and get a taxi registration.

There are all sorts of vehicles running as taxis viz Ciaz, Duster, Ecosport, Lodgy, Altis, City etc.

Only Maruti could have been bold enough to have a dedicated taxi specific model. And that itself is a commendable job I feel.
Motormania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2017, 11:48   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
However, the new Dzire is slated for April. Confirmed.

Dealers across India have been asked to clear stocks of Dzire and Tour by March end.
I was talking to my wife's cousin, who is the general manager at a leading Maruti showroom in Chennai. According to him, the new DZire is slated for 2017 year end and is sub 4 metres in length. Not sure if I can believe him, since posts in this forum do indicate an April/May launch. But what is perplexing is that if the new DZire is indeed confirmed for an April/May launch, why aren't any test mules being spotted of late?
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote