Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 20th April 2017, 14:28   #61
BHPian

Default re: Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh

Is there any logic for the top trims not coming in AT? Is it just the perception that aam aadmi may not like the sticker shock for top end AT? This omission is simply unbelievable to me.
quadmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 14:40   #62
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh

The tail lamps are a bit too thick for a car as narrow as the Xcent. It makes the car look narrower. Wish they had made the lamps a little narrower like this...

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-20170420_131547.jpg

But, the car still looks a wee bit better than earlier, when viewed from the rear.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 14:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Again Hyundai making the same mistake, (or should I say now it is a conscious decision) of not providing Automatic transmission in trims with safety features.

First the i20 , then the updated Grand i10 and now the updated Xcent - all have this (in my opinion) fatal flaw - I cannot choose safety alongwith convenience.

Also I think there are quite a few feature cuts from the outgoing model itself.
blackasta is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 14:45   #64
BHPian

Comparing the prices of yesteryear model to the current one, the full spec SX (O) has gone up by about 30K. Apart from the love it or hate it design makeover, It gained a new HU with Android Auto/Apple Carplay, DRLs but lost Cluster ionizer from the Aircon.
The current gen owners can easily get an aftermarket HU, especially the Sony XAV-AX100 which has similar specs with support for Android Auto/Apple Carplay as Hyundai won't be keen on offering the existing owners an upgrade!
Hyderabad OTR would be just in touching distance of ₹10Lac
nagateja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 17:01   #65
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Is there any logic for the top trims not coming in AT? Is it just the perception that aam aadmi may not like the sticker shock for top end AT? This omission is simply unbelievable to me.
I spoke to the Hyundai dealer about it and they had so much stock lying last year that they were giving a massive discount of about a lac - this is top spec AT. Car companies are not daft - it mustn't be generating enough numbers.
invidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 08:33   #66
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh

Pre-facelift versions of the Xcent & Grand i10 will continue to be sold to fleet operators, according to Hyundai India CEO.

Quote:
“The old Grand i10 and old Xcent will continue to be produced for institutional and cab aggregators. Right now ride sharing business demands more on the compact segment than the premium segment,” YK Koo, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, told reporters on the sidelines of the launch of the new Xcent here.

He said 7-10 per cent of the company’s total domestic sales go into such institutional sales every month, adding that more than 80 per cent of ride sharing business was in the compact segment, which is why the company’s cars were being offered.
Source

Good move! The Xcent is very comfortable as a taxi, and has been received quite well by Uber & Ola operators. The older 72/71 PS 1120cc CRDi is good enough for fleet operators as it's quite refined, and offers good drivability and fuel efficiency.

I haven't seen Grand i10 taxis yet, though. But it only makes sense, as Grand i10 is cheaper than the Xcent and almost as spacious. Moreover, the fleet market for hatchbacks is just as big or even bigger than the one for small sedans. Will Hyundai also push the pre-facelifted Grand i10 taxi to Mumbai's black-and-yellow cab operators? I don't know.

Last edited by RSR : 21st April 2017 at 08:36.
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 09:09   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Drive reports are out, and looks like a very comprehensive update, specially the diesel variant. New front end design, new rear end design, new diesel engine, touch screen audio, revised suspension, revised steering feel etc.

Autocar -

Overdrive -

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st April 2017 at 09:25.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 10:20   #68
Senior - BHPian

Am I the only who think the new car looks ugly front and back? I absolutely hate the new front grille design and whats with that black plastic insert in the rear bumper? It doesnt work as a faux diffuser or as an ornament.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 11:54   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Some information on the facelift Xcent from a discarded marketing material sent by the company to their dealerships -

1. Concept drawings of the new Xcent -

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-img20170504172515.jpg

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-img_20170505_113410.jpg

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-img_20170505_114852.jpg

2. Information on the all new 1.2L diesel engine. Power and Torque curves included.

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-img_20170505_113257.jpg

3. Market positioning. Interesting to note how Hyundai perceives the competition. Toyota is way down the ladder, while Ford and TATA are right on top. Maruti Suzuki was second from bottom, but I bet they wouldn't have expected the new DZire to come so far up the ladder.

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-img_20170505_113241.jpg

4. Aerodynamic - Cd of 0.39 IIRC.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th May 2017 at 12:00.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 12:04   #70
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have the old Xcent, bought in 2014. Is it possible to have the new infotainment system that is in the new Xcent to be plonked into the old model? I like the Android Auto feature and I want it in my car.
gopalnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 19:14   #71
BHPian

I remember back in the day when most brands had AT's only in the top variants, especially Maruti. I wonder why the Xcent wouldn't have a top of the line AT, makes no sense to me.

Decent facelift overall; the rear is handome but quite sharp and boxy compared to the round and baby-faced front end. I don't know if it blends well together.
Porcupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 19:24   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
I remember back in the day when most brands had AT's only in the top variants, especially Maruti. I wonder why the Xcent wouldn't have a top of the line AT, makes no sense to me.
AT was present in the highest spec SX(o) variant when the car came out!

Probably, the lack of demand as compared to the mid spec variant made them discontinue it.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 09:22   #73
BHPian

Hyundai first needs to communicate the numerous changes to the sales guys. Theyre still offering the outgoing model for test drives saying 'nothing has changed, its the same, Sir'!!!
Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote