Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2017, 23:32   #166
BHPian
 
Durango Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 713
Thanked: 562 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Thanks Durango Dude !

The ride is a little hard for me as well maybe because the tyre pressure maintained is 33psi on all four. I intend to have them at 31 for front and 29 for rear as suggested in this thread. Hopefully that will soften things up a bit. Pics will be coming soon.
I used to maintain 32 even in Elantra which comes with the same tyre size you've on your City VMT. But ride is a lot plush, I think it's to do with the suspension set up. Reducing tyre pressure may affect the FE, peppiness and tyre life. Mine was hyperinflated at delivery to some 40 which I brought down to 32 on all four but still it's a little stiff. I guess we have to gin and beer it .

Last edited by Durango Dude : 28th March 2017 at 23:36.
Durango Dude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 10:30   #167
BHPian
 
Altocumulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BLR / KOL
Posts: 580
Thanked: 525 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I used to maintain 32 even in Elantra which comes with the same tyre size you've on your City VMT. But ride is a lot plush, I think it's to do with the suspension set up. Reducing tyre pressure may affect the FE, peppiness and tyre life. Mine was hyperinflated at delivery to some 40 which I brought down to 32 on all four but still it's a little stiff. I guess we have to gin and beer it .
Elantra definitely has a plusher ride. I changed the pressure 31/29 yesterday. However it still seems to be hard. The reason I was keeping a difference is, in the stock size(175) the tyre pressure recommended to be maintained was 32/30 as written on the door sill. And I have previously noticed in my other cars, that bigger tyre sizes on the same rim size translates to lesser psi to be maintained. I am contemplating going down even more to 30/28.
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 10:37   #168
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,731
Thanked: 15,786 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Anyone took delivery of the ZX variant with the full LED lamps? Would be great if they can click and share a few pictures for the light throw and spread.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 15:31   #169
BHPian
 
Durango Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 713
Thanked: 562 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Anyone took delivery of the ZX variant with the full LED lamps? Would be great if they can click and share a few pictures for the light throw and spread.
There's already a post on this thread on page 3 on the LED healdights and spread with images.
Durango Dude is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 19:06   #170
BHPian
 
handsofsteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 200
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

I guess I am going against the grain here. I find the zx cvt pretty much vfm especially when compared with the Creta. For about 50k more, (than the petrol At), you get 4 extra air bags, leather seats, a bigger boot, cruise control, sun roof, led lamps, rain sensing wipers etc etc. As I am in the market for a petrol AT, there's no alternative for the city zx. Got to book one now.
handsofsteel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 20:01   #171
BHPian
 
CarguyNish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: IN
Posts: 615
Thanked: 1,475 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

New City continues it Good Run, retains C-Segment Crown.

New City sold 6271 units while Rival Ciaz sold 4916 units. ZX CVT, VX Diesel & V MT are most popular models.

City sales won't be affected unless Ciaz Facelift launches at a significantly lower price w.r.t City.
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 20:41   #172
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HR 51/HR 29
Posts: 470
Thanked: 868 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
I guess I am going against the grain here. I find the zx cvt pretty much vfm especially when compared with the Creta. For about 50k more, (than the petrol At), you get 4 extra air bags, leather seats, a bigger boot, cruise control, sun roof, led lamps, rain sensing wipers etc etc. As I am in the market for a petrol AT, there's no alternative for the city zx. Got to book one now.
As an owner of a diesel City that has clocked 70k km, I can confirm:

Seats: sag over time, lack lumbar support support. I HATE my City's seats. The 'leather' is basically rexine. Your back will sweat buckets and the material gets super hot under the harsh summer sun.

Cruise control: Nice to have, but pretty much useless in Indian conditions

LED headlamps: how they perform in rain and fog remains to be seen. Although, Creta's headlamps are nothing great either.

Auto headlamps/wipers: Again, not much of a value addition.

Sunroof: Nice to have, but needs regular care

And let's be absolutely clear. Build quality is not good. Rattles and squeaks will be a part of ownership. This car does not age well.

On the other hand, I see actual value in the Creta's higher seating, extra GC and greater cabin width. Also, ride quality is better.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 21:58   #173
BHPian
 
handsofsteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 200
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
As an owner of a diesel City that has clocked 70k km, I can confirm:

Seats: sag over time, lack lumbar support support. I HATE my City's seats. The 'leather' is basically rexine. Your back will sweat buckets and the material gets super hot under the harsh summer sun.

Cruise control: Nice to have, but pretty much useless in Indian conditions

LED headlamps: how they perform in rain and fog remains to be seen. Although, Creta's headlamps are nothing great either.

Auto headlamps/wipers: Again, not much of a value addition.

Sunroof: Nice to have, but needs regular care

And let's be absolutely clear. Build quality is not good. Rattles and squeaks will be a part of ownership. This car does not age well.

On the other hand, I see actual value in the Creta's higher seating, extra GC and greater cabin width. Also, ride quality is better.
and what about the 6 airbags or a matched flow between front and rear a.c. Vents or for that matter the ivtec?

The value of each feature may differ from an individual to individual. (Seat sagging after 70k kms- how much longer do you expect it to last ) I merely listed the extra features as a fact and not the value of each.

In fact it reminds me of the saying, "damned if you do, damned if you don't". Irrespective of whatever features you give, anybody can find some fault or the other. On the other hand, if you don't offer a feature, face the flak.
Agreed, the city is far from perfect, but which other automatic in this price range is? In fact, IMO if one were to go solely as per the team-bhp reviews of cars in this segment, it's a no brainer in favour of the city.
handsofsteel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 22:40   #174
BHPian
 
Durango Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 713
Thanked: 562 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Got the first free service done today @ 508 kms, cost ₹0. Driver pick up and drop also free!! All rattles have been laid to rest, runs a lot smoother now! All in all my family and I are 'Khush'! Service centre: Capital Honda, Meenampakkam. There was an issue with over charging for accessories and it was sorted out by Capital Honda returning ₹3624 to my bank account after I brought it to their notice, not until I escalated it to Honda India Customer Care.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 1st April 2017 at 22:44.
Durango Dude is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 22:42   #175
BHPian
 
H_Dogg72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 349
Thanked: 269 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Got the first free service done today @ 508 kms, cost ₹0. Driver pick up and drop also free!! All rattles have been laid to rest, runs a lot smoother now! All in all my family and I are 'Khush'! Service centre: Capital Honda, Meenampakkam.
Rattles in a 500km old car?
Can you elaborate on what the issues were?
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 22:57   #176
BHPian
 
Durango Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 713
Thanked: 562 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Rattles in a 500km old car?
Can you elaborate on what the issues were?
My car wasn't entire trouble free:

1) No headlights for 2 days post delivery: Light stalk defective set right promptly by taking the car and bringing it back after changing the light stalk.

2)There was an irritating rattle from the left A pillar cladding. That was pointed out during fitting of accessories, was ask to make a note during first service which I did and was sorted out.

Other wise thing were smooth.

I really don't know whether the traffic has become that bad after I got a CVT, the two wheeler's appear really suicidal and they weave and come rather close for comfort. Those with manual transmissions have less patience, I feel. Eventually I've seen all that adrenaline pumping drive get's them no where, I'm there with them at the signal. I think automatics are the way to go for Indian conditions. Makes you more aware of your surroundings and arrive as cool as a cucumber.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 1st April 2017 at 22:58.
Durango Dude is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 23:05   #177
BHPian
 
Durango Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 713
Thanked: 562 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
I guess I am going against the grain here. I find the zx cvt pretty much vfm especially when compared with the Creta. For about 50k more, (than the petrol At), you get 4 extra air bags, leather seats, a bigger boot, cruise control, sun roof, led lamps, rain sensing wipers etc etc. As I am in the market for a petrol AT, there's no alternative for the city zx. Got to book one now.
Congratulations! You won't regret it! It's very smooth and a relaxing drive especially in urban environment. I was contemplating on the V CVT and then bought a VX CVT.
Durango Dude is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2017, 11:44   #178
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 584
Thanked: 551 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
I guess I am going against the grain here. I find the zx cvt pretty much vfm especially when compared with the Creta. For about 50k more, (than the petrol At), you get 4 extra air bags, leather seats, a bigger boot, cruise control, sun roof, led lamps, rain sensing wipers etc etc. As I am in the market for a petrol AT, there's no alternative for the city zx. Got to book one now.
Absolutely spot on, the iVtec engine is very addictive and you will love the refinement and pleasure of driving on the City and in the City with the AT

Although Creta is a good product but since you are comparing both then my vote will also go to the City as I also bought the same instead of a Creta albeit mine is a manual one.
The Great is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2017, 12:40   #179
BHPian
 
H_Dogg72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 349
Thanked: 269 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
My car wasn't entire trouble free:

1) No headlights for 2 days post delivery: Light stalk defective set right promptly by taking the car and bringing it back after changing the light stalk.

2)There was an irritating rattle from the left A pillar cladding. That was pointed out during fitting of accessories, was ask to make a note during first service which I did and was sorted out.

Other wise thing were smooth.

I really don't know whether the traffic has become that bad after I got a CVT, the two wheeler's appear really suicidal and they weave and come rather close for comfort. Those with manual transmissions have less patience, I feel. Eventually I've seen all that adrenaline pumping drive get's them no where, I'm there with them at the signal. I think automatics are the way to go for Indian conditions. Makes you more aware of your surroundings and arrive as cool as a cucumber.
To be honest, that doesn't give confidence in the brand.
But I will agree with you on the traffic part. Having an automatic is so relaxing I can't even put it properly in words. The thought of having to slip the clutch in traffic. Nuh uh. DSG powah, baby. Have also driven the jazz CVT and it's bloody good in y traffic. No jerks like I have in the DSG.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2017, 14:32   #180
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 321
Thanked: 244 Times
Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

City's facelift is off to a good start. In this segment brand perception and powertrain makes a bigger difference. The Petrol engine of City is in another league when compared to Ciaz and even the diesel owing to it's bigger displacement and more oomph is relatively nicer to drive. The sixth cog makes a big difference in cruising and fuel efficiency on the highway.

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 2nd April 2017 at 14:40.
needforspeed88 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look noopster The Indian Car Scene 998 10th July 2017 14:00
2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look FlyingSpur The Indian Car Scene 82 3rd May 2017 11:02
A Close Look at the 2013 Mercedes E-Class Facelift khan_sultan The Indian Car Scene 44 12th June 2016 18:54
Honda City : A close look at the factory-fitted Audio, Video & Navigation System rajeshblue In-Car Entertainment 17 2nd June 2016 19:20
A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift GTO The Indian Car Scene 255 7th September 2013 22:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks