Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 2nd May 2017, 17:11   #286
BHPian

Default Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
The entire set of OEM LED lights is very costly, set means the headlights + foglamps + taillamps. Just to give you an idea, headlamps cost nearly 30k, taillamps (4 pieces) 40k, foglamps 15k, so thats nearly 85k. Please note that these prices may vary, I had found out these prices in the very beginning.
That's a fortune that's being charged here. Thanks a bunch for your advice mate. Much appreciated...

Last edited by ampere : 3rd May 2017 at 01:17. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
samkat1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 21:46   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
That's a fortune that's being charged here. Thanks a bunch for your advice mate. Much appreciated...
Go ahead with VMT. Its the most value for money variant. There are quite a few features over the SV.

However saying that, I am surprised that the VMT costs more than Bangalore in Jaipur. I always thought the OTR prices are the highest in Bangalore.

Can't you buy the car outside, take a temporary registration and then register in Jaipur. The difference in ex showroom price in Jaipur seems to be more than 65k which is huge.

By the way you didn't leave much choice with the colors,did you ?

Maybe go for the red. Its the only color I hardly see on the road for the new one. Mostly it's white and steel.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 2nd May 2017 at 21:49.
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 23:22   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Hello, welcome to TBHP.
I would recommend opting for V as it carries quite a lot of features over the SV.
I agree that V MT is the ideal choice. My heart says that i should get a V MT, but then my mind says that, SV MT would be just fine as well. I just remind myself that 1Lac is a lot of money and what all I could buy instead. Even if I buy a 12lacs car, there are a lot of other things that I want. They are as follows:
1.) Rear Spoiler
2.) LED headlights
3.) LED foglamps(maybe some different style)
4.) Ceramic pro coating or other similar coating
5.) I think i'll need to buy some seat covers

BTW does anyone else feel that City looks shorter in Golden brown or is it just me. I basically read this somewhere and maybe this is playing on my mind.

And yes I have read the entire thread on ceramic pro even before you had mentioned(thats what I was doing before waiting for my account registration on team bhp). There is a black mercedes on the first page and it looks absolutely stunning. Ideally i wanted a black car, but honda city doesnt offer one. Hence I was inclined towards ciaz sometimes back(Also a black ciaz is a rarity on road). But then I know for a fact that ciaz might get a facelift anytime soon as the car has seen no facelifts since its launch. Even carwale.com suggests that a facelift could be launched near november. So i dont want to buy new car that feels old in 6 months.

Guys I have a question. I am totally a newbie when it comes to modification. Can i just replace the halogen headlamps and foglamps of the honda city with leds with same wattage? If yes, what could be the cost included? Would it void the warranty if no wires are cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Go ahead with VMT. Its the most value for money variant. There are quite a few features over the SV.
Bro honestly I didn't know that honda city was costing much more in jaipur than bangalore. I was shocked to see your comment as I know bangalore is infamous for high OTR prices.

So I just checked the prices of honda city OTR in gurgaon is 11.25lacs for V MT which is easily 75k more than jaipur. So now you've got me thinking. Now the obvious question is how do I buy a car in Gurgaon and bring it in jaipur? Can you please point me towards any specific thread or post.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd May 2017 at 01:19. Reason: Back to back posts merged
shivansh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 00:49   #289
BHPian

Has the Ex-Showroom Price for VMT gone over 10L? Anyone has the price list for May 2017? Chennai or Tamil Nadu in particular.
connect2prashan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 06:44   #290
BHPian

To City owners,
I've a VMT petrol and have run around 350 kms so far with the MID currently showing 11 as the average fuel consumption (first hundred 9, next hundred 10, the last hundred 10.8). I have about 3-4 bars left on the mileage meter and was wondering how I can calculate the mileage using tankful-to-tankful method.
1. How often do you measure tankful method to measure mileage of your car?
2. How many bars in the mileage meter do you leave before re-fueling?
3. Is there an approximate number of kilometers that one can ride after seeing the last bar?
4. Is it advisable to refuel when the mileage meter is showing the last bar or should we ideally be refueling before that? I read somewhere that sediments are likely to get sucked in if we let it drop to the last bar but my understanding was that's applicable for diesel.

Cheers!

Last edited by Content Reactor : 3rd May 2017 at 06:45.
Content Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 10:08   #291
BHPian

Default 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
To City owners,
I've a VMT petrol and have run around 350 kms so far with the MID currently showing 11 as the average fuel consumption (first hundred 9, next hundred 10, the last hundred 10.8). I have about 3-4 bars left on the mileage meter and was wondering how I can calculate the mileage using tankful-to-tankful method.
1. How often do you measure tankful method to measure mileage of your car?
2. How many bars in the mileage meter do you leave before re-fueling?
3. Is there an approximate number of kilometers that one can ride after seeing the last bar?
4. Is it advisable to refuel when the mileage meter is showing the last bar or should we ideally be refueling before that? I read somewhere that sediments are likely to get sucked in if we let it drop to the last bar but my understanding was that's applicable for diesel.

Cheers!

Hi.

You can do a tank full to tank full mileage measure irrespective of when you refill. You need not wait to see last bar or you need not wait to see low fuel warning.

You may refill right now (with 3 bars on the MID,I assume) and the way you need to calculate is as below.

Refill the same way you did the first time. Fill to brim or fill until auto stop. As much as possible try to fill in the same petrol station and at around same time of the day as you did last time. (Morning, evening etc) time of day plays a role in the fuel density and impacts on the auto stop method. Typically during evenings due to excessive fuel frothing the auto stop can possibly stop a litre or a couple of litres earlier. Note: frothing will also occur due to the speed in which the fuel is filled. Typically at the pumps the fellow will fill it in highest speed (if crowded) which will cause excessive frothing. (Always better to do tank full to tank full calculations by filling to the brim for accuracy)

Now once you have refilled. Divide your trip km with the number of litres filled in. Let's assume 350 is your trip KM. And you refill now, let's say 28 lts. Your calculation goes 350/28. Then reset your trip meter and do this again the next time you fill. Recurring this method is the manual tank full to tank full calculation. In about 2nd or 3rd time you can calculate 99% close to accurate mileage.

To answer your questions.
1. Every time a refill is done (I usually to a tankful every time I fill) one cannot do this measure if fill in bits like for 500 rupees or 1000 rupees etc.

2. At least 1 bar. This is to be on the safer side of not running dry. And also to ensure you don't panic and fill in some random ugly pumps.

3. I saw somewhere in this thread that one friend of a fellow bhpian managed 15kms after the last bar disappeared. (He found a pump in 15 kms) one has to experiment to find out really how long you can drive. But that is not advisable.

4. Petrol usually do not have much of sediments as that of a diesel. However it's not advisable to test it. Last thing you want to do is run out dry. Better refuel when you see 1 bar.

Last edited by connect2prashan : 3rd May 2017 at 10:11.
connect2prashan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 13:58   #292
BHPian

Honda has increased prices wef today. The increase in the City is 12-15k in Mumbai
Floyd de Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 14:20   #293
BHPian

Yep, VMT is now 10,12,797 at Hyderabad and Bangalore, totally ruining the deal. You can check prices here: https://www.hondacarindia.com/cars-price-list/

The portal seems to have been updated for City, at least for Hyderabad, Bangalore. Feel lucky to have booked VMT at 9.99L ex-Hyd.
quadmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 14:52   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Yep, VMT is now 10,12,797 at Hyderabad and Bangalore, totally ruining the deal. You can check prices here: https://www.hondacarindia.com/cars-price-list/

The portal seems to have been updated for City, at least for Hyderabad, Bangalore. Feel lucky to have booked VMT at 9.99L ex-Hyd.

This will be a very sad deal breaker for many. VMT will now be costlier by 75-90k on road in Tamil Nadu. It was 11.3 earlier. New price must be 12.1 - 12.2 or even more based on insurance component for 10+ lakh car.
connect2prashan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 20:05   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post

In Bangalore the OTR price is now 12.43L against the previous 11.83L for a VMT with basic insurance. Add to that 0 Dep insurance, RSA, basic kit, etc and the price easily goes over 12.75 L.

I wouldn't feel bad now when some new features are added next year

Also the price for Zx Petrol now crosses 17L in Bangalore.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 3rd May 2017 at 20:09.
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 20:08   #296

Really saddened by the price hike by Honda on city. V MT cost 12.27 lacs in jaipur for white. Do you guys think that Honda city commands that price? Should I wait for gst or go ahead with V MT. My loan should be processed within a couple of days. Whats your opinion guys
shivansh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 22:01   #297
BHPian

May be, a stupid thought.
If one needs Manual transmission, Linea is a much better option. Of course, there is no sun-roof!
If petrol variant, look no further than Linea TJET!

Fiat Service is a gamble, but Honda is nothing great to speak either.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 23:43   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by connect2prashan View Post
Hi.

You can do a tank full to tank full mileage measure irrespective of when you refill. You need not wait to see last bar or you need not wait to see low fuel warning.

You may refill right now (with 3 bars on the MID,I assume) and the way you need to calculate is as below.

Refill the same way you did the first time. Fill to brim or fill until auto stop. As much as possible try to fill in the same petrol station and at around same time of the day as you did last time. (Morning, evening etc) time of day plays a role in the fuel density and impacts on the auto stop method. Typically during evenings due to excessive fuel frothing the auto stop can possibly stop a litre or a couple of litres earlier. Note: frothing will also occur due to the speed in which the fuel is filled. Typically at the pumps the fellow will fill it in highest speed (if crowded) which will cause excessive frothing. (Always better to do tank full to tank full calculations by filling to the brim for accuracy)

Now once you have refilled. Divide your trip km with the number of litres filled in. Let's assume 350 is your trip KM. And you refill now, let's say 28 lts. Your calculation goes 350/28. Then reset your trip meter and do this again the next time you fill. Recurring this method is the manual tank full to tank full calculation. In about 2nd or 3rd time you can calculate 99% close to accurate mileage.

To answer your questions.
1. Every time a refill is done (I usually to a tankful every time I fill) one cannot do this measure if fill in bits like for 500 rupees or 1000 rupees etc.

2. At least 1 bar. This is to be on the safer side of not running dry. And also to ensure you don't panic and fill in some random ugly pumps.

3. I saw somewhere in this thread that one friend of a fellow bhpian managed 15kms after the last bar disappeared. (He found a pump in 15 kms) one has to experiment to find out really how long you can drive. But that is not advisable.

4. Petrol usually do not have much of sediments as that of a diesel. However it's not advisable to test it. Last thing you want to do is run out dry. Better refuel when you see 1 bar.
Thank you, Prashanth for such a detailed reply, really appreciated. Though I've noticed frothing on occasions, I wasn't aware of its effect on fuel volume. On my WagonR, I used to reset the meter as soon as it reached 1 bar and it will take me 20kms. It worked for me but I wasn't sure how much fuel the City has on the last bar (I don't intend to try it). Yes, I always do a full tank unless I am unsure of the fuel quality. Glad to know that petrol has less sediments. I have two pumps (one near home and one near office) that I go to regularly. I will try to go to the same pump from now on but I doubt if I can ever go there at the same time due to work and timing. For the City, I think I will refuel when I am on the third bar. Thanks again.
Content Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 23:58   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
If one needs Manual transmission, Linea is a much better option. Of course, there is no sun-roof!

Prem.
Linea is a great car. Having said that the manual transmission works really well with the city i-vtech. The i-Vtech has a heady top end and is best explored with the manual. Moreover it is one of the best manual gear boxes around, precise slick shifts and a well weighted light clutch. Also the latest generation of the iVtech is also very tractable at the lower end. You can potter around in slow moving traffic in second gear. Just a dab of the break now and then, no need to downshift. It rarely gets better than this. I feel the 1.5 iVtech with the MT is the best power train option for the city.
JediKnight is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2017, 06:09   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post

Prem.
I had just finished reading your thread (on migrating from the safari to the city) a few days back and hence the above comes as a big surprise. Anything that happened in particular?
As regards the service, I totally agree that it's overrated. They are nothing but conniving crooks. Speaking from my experience of over 8 years with Honda across various cities. Shudder to think of this is their standard, what is it for the ones who are brow beaten (fiat, skoda, tata etc). The only good part is that the cars rarely need the ASS.
handsofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote