Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th August 2017, 23:33   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Renault Duster to get a petrol CVT variant. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.32 lakhs

Finally found some semblance of a review of the RXS CVT on YouTube!

nikipedia87 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2017, 00:33   #62
BHPian

Default Re: Renault Duster to get a petrol CVT variant. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch_hornet View Post
And, I took delivery of my Fiery Red Duster RXS CVT on 5/26 Possibly one of the first ones in Bengaluru I guess, though not sure about that. I did see one more red CVT last week near Kasturi Nagar.
Congrats!!! Hope you are munching good miles.Did you consider between Ford EcoSport AT and Duster RXS CVT before you purchased?
Prancing Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2017, 10:26   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prancing Horse View Post
Congrats!!! Hope you are munching good miles.Did you consider between Ford EcoSport AT and Duster RXS CVT before you purchased?
Having owned both cars (1.0 Ecoboost manual version and 1.5 DCI AWD Duster), this is my take on it. Duster trumps Ecosport in ride comfort and interior space boot space.

Ecosport has a much better proper automatic rather than the rubber-band CVT. The refreshed Ecosport is slated to be launched with the latest generation ford petrol engine compared to the old school MPFI 1.5 petrol from the Nissan/Renault house in India. Ecosport also has more practical interiors in terms of bottle holders, center console better positioning of audio system etc.

The main compromise when compared to the Duster for Ecosport is boot space. If you are okay with the lesser boot space and enjoy spirited driving, it makes sense to get the Ecosport with the latest generation petrol engine and DCT. It will be much more engaging to drive than the duster with the older 1.5 petrol engine and the CVT gearbox.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2017, 12:10   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Having owned both cars (1.0 Ecoboost manual version and 1.5 DCI AWD Duster), this is my take on it. Duster trumps Ecosport in ride comfort and interior space boot space.
I guess Duster also trumps Ecosport on rear seat space. Width good enough for 5 adults as compared to Ecosport which is good for 4 adults and a kid.
damager21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2017, 13:28   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I guess Duster also trumps Ecosport on rear seat space.
Duster rear seat is comfortable for 3 normal size adults. Unlike even the Jeep Compass, the middle passenger also has a neck restraint.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2017, 23:46   #66
BHPian

[quote=nikipedia87;4260104]Finally found some semblance of a review of the RXS CVT on YouTube!

Has any team-bhp member penned/typed a Duster petorl CVT review yet? I have searched but in vain, except for the post quoted here from nikipedia87 and a few other random videos on youtube there is no thorough review of the Duster CVT.
A friend who is not a team-bhp member is looking to buy one but theres no definitive ownership account to get some guidance from.

From what I have seen the Duster CVT seems to be a good package for those who drive occasionally on ghat/hill sections (though not what a 4WD can deliver) but are restricted to a ~11 to ~12.5 budget can choose this option, but lack of a proper review is making this decision difficult.

if anyone on team-bhp owns this model it will be great to see an initial ownership review.
mindovermotor is offline   Reply With Quote